Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Island (The other ones) Reviews>AF Work Of Art Maduro (WOAM)
Blak Smyth 06:48 AM 10-21-2011
The pre-light first taste was a bit of sweet chocolate. Pre-light smell was sweet.
This cigar was amazing to light with a soft flame and let the burn do it's work.
First third was sweet with a bit of coffee.
Burn got a little wavy until cresting the mound then evened out.
First few draws where a bit tighter than desired, after a minor draw tool insertion everything is perfect. The first ash fell off at the end of the first third.

2nd third I picked up a mild spice with a mocha flavor coming in and out. Flavors were bouncing around pleasantly between sweet, pepper and what I think is leathery chocolate. Still perfect burn. This smoke seams much more complex than some info I've read. This cigar started to burn a bit wavy but corrected with a vengeance. The aroma that is produced is very pleasant and sweet. The smoke coats my mouth with a soft sweetness that leads back into a mild pepper. This is the first smoke I have had that I would consider sweet and peppery combining perfectly. A very mild desirable pepper though.

The final third I get a little spice again. I definitely value the constant change of flavors. Although there are not to many flavors, they fade in and out nicely. Picking up a bitter cocoa with some spice on the finish.
I did have a little bit of tar build up so I again poked my previous hole with my draw tool and did a flameless perge and everything was once again wonderful.
I highly recommend this stick to any Maduro lover!
This cigar defines Maduro for me. It will be a staple in my humidor if I can get my hands on some more.
The smoke is very dense and white.
This smoke can last me well over an hour and can be smoked very slowly.
I felt the nic hit me early so I slowed down and am now really pulling all these great flavors out.

A cream soda is a great partner for this cigar. I would love to try it again with a cup of unsweetend coffee to see if I pick up as much sweetness.

I paid close to $9 at a local b&m, it is a high price tag but I've paid as much for less enjoyable sticks.

I smoked a Hemmingway SS last week and it was good, the WOAM however is great!!!

This is only my second review, I enjoy righting reviews as I smoke to really appreciate and focus on the flavors. I couldn't find any reviews for this cigar in the last couple years so I figured instead of reviving an old one I would simply start another. Hope you enjoyed it!
[Reply]
irratebass 07:15 AM 10-21-2011
Nice review! I have one of these that were gifted to me....I didn't know what WOAM stood for and was too shy to ask....thanks :-)
[Reply]
Lonely Raven 07:31 AM 10-21-2011
That looks like a nice stick!

Tell me what you think of that when you try it, Mickey, since you and I are about the same place in the newbie curve I think.
[Reply]
Taki 07:34 AM 10-21-2011
Nice job Shane...looks :-)
[Reply]
Jefft72 07:43 AM 10-21-2011
Great review for sure! Sounds like a tasty stick that will be on my short list. I have not tried any AF yet and the price per stick is more than my usual, but exceptions can be made when necessary.
[Reply]
DaBear 08:03 AM 10-21-2011
The Hemingway Maduro line is my absolute favorite line of cigars. That said, I'm kind of the opposite of most here, I find the WOAMs to be a bit lacking compared to the others. Maybe its because of the subtle spice that mixes in that just throws me off with it. All the others are like smoking chocolate bars to me though. :-) Good review Shane, you got a lot of the same flavors as me. Might have to "introduce" you to some of the other sizes in the line. :-)
[Reply]
CigarNut 08:06 AM 10-21-2011
Great review! I really like the Fuente Hemingway cigars and the WOAM is a particular favorite. They usually draw a little tight until the foot opens up (after burn is past the tip).
[Reply]
688sonarmen 08:18 AM 10-21-2011
Very good review Shane! The Woam is one of my favorites for many reasons that you hit on. Another great cigar from A.F!
[Reply]
irratebass 08:22 AM 10-21-2011
Originally Posted by Lonely Raven:
That looks like a nice stick!

Tell me what you think of that when you try it, Mickey, since you and I are about the same place in the newbie curve I think.
I may get to it this weekend, I believe it's coming up on my list.
[Reply]
BigAsh 08:27 AM 10-21-2011
Nice Shane....great stick!
[Reply]
LigaPrivadaT84 09:04 AM 10-21-2011
Thank you, sir for the excellent review on one of my faves.
:-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 09:21 AM 10-21-2011
Nice review Shane...I love these. :-) :-)
[Reply]
Ogre 09:22 AM 10-21-2011
Awesome cigar????
[Reply]
SteelCityBoy 11:13 AM 10-21-2011
Love AF smokes. Haven't had this one yet but will without doubt seek one out.
[Reply]
w squared 11:48 AM 10-21-2011
I picked up a box of these at a B+M in Portland when I was visiting...and I love 'em. They've been consistent from stick to stick, and my friends have been consistent in really enjoying them when I've swapped or given some away. Even one of my friends that's not a Maduro fan (tends toward very mild flavours) really enjoyed the one I gave him.

If the consistency, flavour variety, and balance of these is a good indicator of what the other Hemingway vitolas have to offer, I think that I may be adding a couple more boxes to my collection. :-)
[Reply]
gator_79 05:12 PM 10-21-2011
Nice reveiw, I've had a few WOAM's but hopefully I can find a few Hemmingway Signature maduro's this december when they are released. That seems to be my favorite size in the regular Hemmingway line.
[Reply]
maninblack 09:21 PM 10-21-2011
Nice review Shane! Never had one but may need to change that.
[Reply]
scottdurand 10:53 PM 10-23-2011
After glowing reviews on the WOAM here for so long I finally tried one and WOW! It's superb. It's a longer smoke than you would think and flavor is very consistent. The wrapper has the expected sweet Fuente maduro flavor and I would agree it's an absolute perfect cigar to pair with a great cup of coffee!:-)
[Reply]
Mutombo 09:59 AM 10-25-2011
Thanks for the review. I need to dig one of this up from the bottom of the humi.
[Reply]
Remo 10:04 AM 10-25-2011
Nice review bro!!
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up