Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>La Aurora 100 Anos Maduro?
DougBushBC 08:47 AM 07-15-2009
So I found a box at a B&M not long ago of some 100 Anos PC sized cigars that were wrapped Maduro. I have smoked a lot of Cien Anos cigars before and never seen a maduro. I bought the last two in the box, and he said he was out. This was a few weeks back, and today I was reading about the 100 Anos line and noticed that no where on the Interwebs did it mention the Maduro version of this cigar. Anyone have any experience or know anything about this? I am a huge fan of this line of cigars and would love to know how this cigar came to be.

-D
[Reply]
Sauer Grapes 12:51 PM 07-15-2009
My guess would be that it was just a darker color variation in the wrappers in that box. Could also have been fakes. Of course, there is always the possibility that you have yourself a couple very rare cigars.
[Reply]
Mr.Maduro 12:57 PM 07-15-2009
Ask this guy. clicky He seems to be from La Aurora cigars.
[Reply]
Darrell 12:58 PM 07-15-2009
Originally Posted by Sauer Grapes:
My guess would be that it was just a darker color variation in the wrappers in that box. Could also have been fakes. Of course, there is always the possibility that you have yourself a couple very rare cigars.
Fake 100 Anos? I really doubt it. The wrapper is a Dominican Corojo, I've seen some Corojo so dark it appeared to be a Maduro. However, their was never a 100 Anos Maduro produced.
[Reply]
la aurora 01:17 PM 07-15-2009
:-) Guys, we never did a maduro, who knows if one day we take the same binder and filler put on a maduro wrapper, lets see if it works, what happen with these is that we used a top priming and they were very dark, keep in mind that Maduro is one thing an Oscuro is an other, to be honest the Corona was the best in my humble opinion, if you can find them buy because there very unique, enjoy and thanks for all your support.:-)
[Reply]
TomHagen 02:50 PM 07-15-2009
Originally Posted by la aurora:
:-) Guys, we never did a maduro, who knows if one day we take the same binder and filler put on a maduro wrapper, lets see if it works, what happen with these is that we used a top priming and they were very dark, keep in mind that Maduro is one thing an Oscuro is an other, to be honest the Corona was the best in my humble opinion, if you can find them buy because there very unique, enjoy and thanks for all your support.:-)
Cool. thanks for the info. glad to see you on here!:-)
[Reply]
Sauer Grapes 02:53 PM 07-15-2009
Originally Posted by Darrell:
Fake 100 Anos? I really doubt it. The wrapper is a Dominican Corojo, I've seen some Corojo so dark it appeared to be a Maduro. However, their was never a 100 Anos Maduro produced.
I think my comment was right on. I said that my best guess it was just a darker variation of the normal wrapper...

However, there is probably a reason the Cien Anos band was serial numbered. Remember, there have been fake Opus, Padron, etc. in the past.
[Reply]
Darrell 03:08 PM 07-15-2009
Originally Posted by Sauer Grapes:
I think my comment was right on. I said that my best guess it was just a darker variation of the normal wrapper...

However, there is probably a reason the Cien Anos band was serial numbered. Remember, there have been fake Opus, Padron, etc. in the past.
I was simply responding to YOU about the chance of a FAKE.

The rest of the comment was directed at the OP. :-)
[Reply]
la aurora 03:09 PM 07-15-2009
SG, your on the money, the bands were put on to keep control, also that the consumer would know it's a limited editon, as I wrote before all good things in life come to an end.
[Reply]
DougBushBC 03:11 PM 07-15-2009
Here are some pictures to compare:

An Opus X, My "Maduro" Cien Anos, and a Work of Art Maduro

[Reply]
Jbailey 03:12 PM 07-15-2009
I found a box of these with really dark wrappers and thought the same thing (maduro). Bought one and tried it, not so good.
[Reply]
Sauer Grapes 03:15 PM 07-15-2009
That IS really dark. I'm sure la aurora can comment on the color but I didn't expect it to be THAT dark. Wow.
[Reply]
DougBushBC 03:17 PM 07-15-2009
I will also say the veiny-ness of this particular one is RIDIC, maybe it just slipped by QC.
[Reply]
la aurora 03:20 PM 07-15-2009
SG, it's Oscuro wrapper from a top priming, you have to remember that wrapper gets darker when you age, I am a big fan of aging.:-)
[Reply]
DougBushBC 03:24 PM 07-15-2009
More Pictures
[Reply]
kydsid 03:30 PM 07-15-2009
Wow that one has been at the B&M for a while. My last box was in the 90's.
[Reply]
la aurora 03:32 PM 07-15-2009
DB, yours are about three years old, smoke on a great day.
[Reply]
DougBushBC 04:59 PM 07-15-2009
Will do, thanks so much for making great cigars, I am enjoyin a Gold Tubo right now (cooking some wagyu beef steaks :-P)
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 05:03 PM 07-15-2009
Originally Posted by kydsid:
Wow that one has been at the B&M for a while. My last box was in the 90's.
The 100 Anos wasn't available in the 90's. :-)

Oh, and it doesn't look like a maduro to me. Just a nice oscuro that it is. Enjoy! They be good! :-)
[Reply]
DougBushBC 05:17 PM 07-15-2009
I think he meant the code number was in the 90s
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up