Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
All Cigar Discussion>Black Band Project? Free Cigar?
Tripp 04:15 PM 03-23-2009
Just saw a link to this on another site... Anybody else heard of it? A search yielded no results..

It looks interesting, but I'm wondering if its just marketing for a new brand. They say they give you a free cigar after the 4 episodes of their mini show. I signed up... We'll see what happens

http://www.blackbandproject.com/
[Reply]
stearns 04:16 PM 03-23-2009
same topic 6 threads down. certainly looks interesting

stearns
[Reply]
leasingthisspace 04:31 PM 03-23-2009
Not mobile friendly.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
duckmanco 09:31 PM 03-23-2009
I went for it too, and am sure its marketing for some "hip" brand, new or old. It seems like Drew Estate, or even Camacho, but who knows. I'm a cigar nerd, so I'll give anything a whirl.
[Reply]
South Shield 09:35 PM 03-23-2009
I bet its Philip Morris. I can see them getting into the cigar business and that marketing campaign seems to have some money behind it. Plus would any cigar manufacturer out there now call out Cigar Aficionado as bullshit ratings?

Just my 2 pennies
[Reply]
AllOGistics 09:40 PM 03-23-2009
Originally Posted by South Shield:
I bet its Philip Morris. I can see them getting into the cigar business and that marketing campaign seems to have some money behind it. Plus would any cigar manufacturer out there now call out Cigar Aficionado as bullshit ratings?

Just my 2 pennies
That's what I was thinking. I can't see an established brand calling out the major publications. I thought it was probably some new cigar company trying to break into the industry. I hadn't considered Philip Morris. Does anyone know if they've purchased any cigar brands recently?
[Reply]
Sr Mike 05:36 AM 03-24-2009
That video was rather goofy, I am not sure who they are calling out, maybe Rocky Patel for having too many brands. But I will take a free cigar any day.
[Reply]
Bax 06:19 AM 03-24-2009
Originally Posted by AllOGistics:
That's what I was thinking. I can't see an established brand calling out the major publications. I thought it was probably some new cigar company trying to break into the industry. I hadn't considered Philip Morris. Does anyone know if they've purchased any cigar brands recently?
They've bought the Black and Mild brand, but as far as handmades, I have no idea.
[Reply]
Bruzee 11:14 AM 04-15-2009
I just finished the fourth episode today. Anyone get the cigars yet?
[Reply]
leasingthisspace 11:16 AM 04-15-2009
The vids are too funny. Just watched the 3rd one.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 11:18 AM 04-15-2009
It's OK if a brand calls out CA while doing business with CA. Those brands should expect the same treatment regardless of their other campaigns. Magazines are going to roll over for anyone who wants to put an advertisement in their issue.
[Reply]
Tripp 12:22 PM 04-15-2009
*SPOILERS*

I watched the 4th episode on Monday... as anyone else who has watched the last episode has no doubt noticed, this looks to be a promotion for a new Camacho brand. Probably the "Camacho Black" or some such. We'll see when the cigars get here in a few weeks.
[Reply]
BlackIrish 03:24 PM 04-15-2009
*SPOILERS*

Originally Posted by Tripp:
*SPOILERS*

I watched the 4th episode on Monday... as anyone else who has watched the last episode has no doubt noticed, this looks to be a promotion for a new Camacho brand. Probably the "Camacho Black" or some such. We'll see when the cigars get here in a few weeks.
Think it's actually the Legend-Ario, a lower end line from Camacho. That's the one line they mention in Episode 4.
[Reply]
Thrak 03:52 PM 04-15-2009
I havent gotten ep.4 yet
[Reply]
Ratters 04:00 PM 04-15-2009
They also mentioned the Select. And the "Black" is sometimes what they call the Coyolar. Either way, as a huge Camacho whore I'm interested to see what they come out with.
[Reply]
ca21455 04:38 PM 04-15-2009
Tried to log in and the website is shut down. There is an announcement that says cigars will ship in early May.
[Reply]
gnukfu 04:43 PM 04-15-2009
There are a couple of Camachos I like....looking forward to getting the freebie(s) and trying em out.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 12:30 AM 04-16-2009
Originally Posted by ca21455:
Tried to log in and the website is shut down. There is an announcement that says cigars will ship in early May.
nice, I used Wanger's addy and he can bring them to Vegas for me.
[Reply]
SmokeyNL 12:40 AM 04-16-2009
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
nice, I used Wanger's addy and he can bring them to Vegas for me.
Used wangers addy as well :-) like I do for almost everything that doesn't ship outside of the US
[Reply]
marge796 01:19 AM 04-16-2009
I just watched episode #4, I think it's goofy as hell but I'll smoke a freebie or two for watching their crazy videos.

:-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up