Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Liga Privada #9 Flying Pig
SkinsFanLarry 12:36 PM 12-05-2009
Great review and pic's my brother!

I was at a Liga Privada Event at my local B&M last night, I have always liked the No. 9 and finally got to try the T-52, I really liked the additional spiceyness it has.

I had a chance to get a couple of the Flying Pigs but between the Robust Porter, the Scotch and Tequilla I forget about them.
[Reply]
cigarlvr 06:23 PM 01-05-2010
I was a B&M yesterday and they had 3 boxes of these. Are these still limited to 2000 boxes or did they decide to make these a regular production just not as many? There seems to be quite a few floating around. They are one heck of a great cigar so hoping it will be around for a while.
[Reply]
T.G 07:22 PM 01-05-2010
Originally Posted by cigarlvr:
I was a B&M yesterday and they had 3 boxes of these. Are these still limited to 2000 boxes or did they decide to make these a regular production just not as many? There seems to be quite a few floating around. They are one heck of a great cigar so hoping it will be around for a while.
I think what you are seeing is a staggered release as I don't think the release numbers have changed, and they can only produce about 700 of these cigars per day (only 4 rolling teams for these cigars, quota limited to 175 per team per day so they don't have to rush).
[Reply]
Salvelinus 05:43 PM 01-06-2010
Great review. Thanks.
[Reply]
Langod 05:05 AM 01-07-2010
Excellent review!
I had a "regular" #9 at my B&M a few weeks ago (which I loved) and I'm pretty sure I saw a few of these funny looking ones. I'm going for a smoke today, I'll have to try one if their are any left...
[Reply]
68TriShield 05:29 AM 01-07-2010
Originally Posted by BeerAdvocate:
This cigar is at the top of my Must Try list.
Unfortunatly I cant find them anywhere!!!!
I can find them but no F-ing way I'm going to pay what the B&M is asking.
[Reply]
Starz26 07:45 AM 01-07-2010
I found a box at a sort of local B&M and thought what the hell...took it up to the register and was given the total of $158.00. I said "Is that with the box discount". And it was. So i put them back in the walk in.

When these can be had all over the net for $120.00 no way am I going to pay a 32% premium for the privilege of buying local.
[Reply]
T.G 07:49 AM 01-07-2010
This cigar is at the top of my Must Try list.
Unfortunatly I cant find them anywhere!!!!
Originally Posted by 68TriShield:
I can find them but no F-ing way I'm going to pay what the B&M is asking.
According to Steve Saka on 06 Jan 2010, only about half of the 09 Flying Pigs have been shipped, so you should still have some opportunities to obtain them (I know that CI hasn't gotten their shipment in yet and they are listing them at less than B&M prices):

Originally Posted by Steve Saka (somewhere other than CA):
The Y2009 batch of Flying Pigs was only enough to make 2,000 boxes - only about half have been shipped as the balance is still aging. On average, only about 200 boxes are ready per month for shipping into the US each month so they are extremely rare. As for whether there will be more produced, it hasn’t been decided yet.

[Reply]
BeerAdvocate 07:53 AM 01-07-2010
Originally Posted by Starz26:
I found a box at a sort of local B&M and thought what the hell...took it up to the register and was given the total of $158.00. I said "Is that with the box discount". And it was. So i put them back in the walk in.

When these can be had all over the net for $120.00 no way am I going to pay a 32% premium for the privilege of buying local.
Where can these be found on the net?
I can only find the LP #9 not the flying pig!
[Reply]
T.G 08:01 AM 01-07-2010
Where can these be found on the net?
I can only find the LP #9 not the flying pig!
I think most online retailers are sold out or back ordered, but Tex is showing them in stock right now: $64 for 6.
http://www.texcigars.com/Liga-Privad...-9-Flying-Pig/

CI hasn't gotten their shipment in yet:
http://www.cigarsinternational.com/p...m=CS-LPB&cat=3

I think Corona is also waiting for their shipment:
http://www.coronacigar.com/products/...ew-estate.html

That's just off the top of my head, might be a few others out there right now.
[Reply]
BeerAdvocate 10:13 AM 01-07-2010
Thanks, i will be on the lookout!
[Reply]
itsme_timd 10:21 AM 01-07-2010
They are so very, very good...

[Reply]
BigAsh 10:28 AM 01-07-2010
Man....been dyin' to try this one...really liked the #9....still searching...
[Reply]
kelmac07 01:03 PM 01-07-2010
Originally Posted by BigAsh:
Is that so? Time for some payback...huh?:-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 07:16 AM 01-08-2010
Originally Posted by BigAsh:
DC #9405 5036 9930 0105 5369 15...enjoy brother!!! The search is over...call off the watch dogs!! :-) :-)
[Reply]
Azpostal 01:24 PM 01-08-2010
Texcigars are the only ones I find in stock. They won't sell you a box, only a bundle of 6.
[Reply]
Tripp 01:28 PM 01-08-2010
hmm, I hadn't been interested in Liga Privada before, but I might have to hunt some down.
[Reply]
T.G 03:28 PM 01-08-2010
Originally Posted by Azpostal:
Texcigars are the only ones I find in stock. They won't sell you a box, only a bundle of 6.
So call them up. buy two bundles then and ask them to send the empty box too.

(I've never tried this, with them, but I can't see why they wouldn't do it)
[Reply]
kydsid 03:40 PM 01-08-2010
Originally Posted by Azpostal:
Originally Posted by T.G:
So call them up. buy two bundles then and ask them to send the empty box too.

(I've never tried this, with them, but I can't see why they wouldn't do it)
I would think it would be easier for Don to just go to their store. :-)
[Reply]
T.G 03:42 PM 01-08-2010
Originally Posted by kydsid:
I would think it would be easier for Don to just go to their store. :-)

<timidly scrolls up, looks at Don's posted location>
*DOH!*
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up