Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Nestor Miranda Special Selection Lancero (Rosado)
SouthernSmoke 04:02 PM 04-16-2010
This afternoon, decided to light up a stick I have no experience with. For some reason, I went on a lancero kick and managed to pick up a few of these a while back. Although I was not able to spend the typical Thursday evening with my gents in Ohio, the perfect weather in Georgia gave me a great opportunity to sit outside and enjoy the pollen.....I mean sunshine. To the stuff that matters

Appearance:
The cigar itself was very appealing. Nice shade of the wrapper. Quite veiny, though. Pigtail and all, I was very impressed with the overall quality thus far.

Construction:
I found one spongy spot just south of the band. Other than that, everything look right on point

1st Third:
The opening draws were a bit tight, but I have learned to expect this from most lancero's. I was loaded with notes of wood and cinnamon. The draw began to open up revealing lots of blue smoke. A creaminess began to appear as a late taste on the finish.

2nd Third:
The burn continued to be razor sharp. The lingering creaminess began to take over as the dominant flavor. Before I knew it, a bit of spice began to make its presence known. I can't quite pinpoint the type of spice, but it was similar to the cinnamon. The finish began to add a distinct taste of vanilla along with the overall creaminess.

Final Third:
The previously mentioned flavors are still dominant. However, they come and go. The changing flavors definitely add to the experience. The ash has held to about an inch at a time. I would definitely place this stick as a medium body as far as the nic-kick goes.

Overall Thoughts:
The cigar was definitely worth the price paid----$5.50. I thoroughly enjoyed the aroma of the cigar. I would definitely reccommend this to anybody looking to try a nice afternoon smoke or even a nice change up to a typically heavier stick.

Cheers
[Reply]
kelmac07 07:14 PM 04-16-2010
Nice review!!
[Reply]
elderboy02 07:23 PM 04-16-2010
Thanks for the review. We missed you yesterday. I won a box of Padron 3000 Maduros. You would have got one if you were sitting at the table :-)
[Reply]
Up