Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 5 of 14
« First < 345 67 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>Tequila Thread!!!
mosesbotbol 07:09 AM 06-20-2009
Originally Posted by TheRiddick:
Moses, you're crazy :-) Mezcal? Why?

Specs do have a good selection, although Hi Times in CA has an incredible selection and good prices.
The Penca is as refined as the best Tequila. The flavor is just way out there. Pine, tar, agave... Just hard to pinpoint, but it's for sure an agave drink. Really smooth stuff.

You'd be a believer if you tried this. Never had a Mezcal before. I assume their are usually associated with something harsh and rough?
[Reply]
Snake Hips 11:59 AM 06-20-2009
I'm sad to see only a few mentions of Milagro in this thread :-)
[Reply]
TheRiddick 12:53 AM 06-21-2009
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
The Penca is as refined as the best Tequila. The flavor is just way out there. Pine, tar, agave... Just hard to pinpoint, but it's for sure an agave drink. Really smooth stuff.

You'd be a believer if you tried this. Never had a Mezcal before. I assume their are usually associated with something harsh and rough?
Very rough and harsh. Not that I am trying out many, after a few I gave up and not looking for another "experience". I'll see if it is available locally and maybe give it a try.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 09:06 AM 06-21-2009
Originally Posted by Snake Hips:
Close to picking that up while in TX, but I thought it was locally available in MA. Certainly is a good and well regarded Tequila.
[Reply]
ucla695 09:33 AM 06-21-2009
Originally Posted by Snake Hips:
Close to picking that up while in TX, but I thought it was locally available in MA. Certainly is a good and well regarded Tequila.
Me likes. :-)
[Reply]
JohnnyFlake 10:33 AM 06-22-2009
At this time, Chinaco, Don Julio, Casa Noble, Don Eduardo and 4 Copas are my favorite brands. Right now, I'm mostly drinking the Blancos and/or Silvers.
[Reply]
Patron 11:33 AM 06-22-2009
I gorgot all about 4 Copas.......very nice

The first "All Natural" tequila with good agave flavor in all three ages...blanco-reposado-anejo
[Reply]
ajmunchiv 08:16 AM 06-23-2009
I anyone that likes Tequila and is in Bay City, MI. Old City Hall is having a Tequila inspired dinner.

Old City Hall Get your Tickets today at Old City Hall
Must be 21 yrs of age to attend.
Fun in the Sun Margarita Party
Time:6:00PM Thursday, July 9th

Email: oldcityhall@yahoo.com
Phone: (989) 892-4140
Current Address: 814 Saginaw St., Bay City, MI 48708
[Reply]
OLS 11:54 AM 06-23-2009
As a gift to me, people have not gone wrong with the Don Julio, that is for sure. A guy used to travel overseas all the time and bring me back stuff, and the time he brought the D.J., I was floored...then I got FLOORED.
[Reply]
OLS 11:57 AM 06-23-2009
Originally Posted by Langod:
Wow, beat me by a few minutes -- I was going to say the same -- Patron is getting to be ridiculously priced -- Casa Noble is usually $15-20 less and a better tequila.
I know EVERYTHING is getting like this, but when I was in the store looking for Tequila this Saturday, I was saddened. I had 20 bucks, and granted, I was only looking for Margarita Tequila, but even then you can taste the bad stuff. JUST IMAGINE what my twenty bucks bought me. iiiyyuuch!
[Reply]
pnoon 12:31 PM 06-23-2009
Originally Posted by OLS:
I know EVERYTHING is getting like this, but when I was in the store looking for Tequila this Saturday, I was saddened. I had 20 bucks, and granted, I was only looking for Margarita Tequila, but even then you can taste the bad stuff. JUST IMAGINE what my twenty bucks bought me. iiiyyuuch!
Brad - Hornitos Reposado is a fine tequila that runs $22-$23 around these parts. I can drink it straight. Damn fine for mixing. Can it match up against the higher end stuff? Of course not. But for the money, I think it is a great value.
:-)
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 02:26 PM 06-23-2009
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Brad - Hornitos Reposado is a fine tequila that runs $22-$23 around these parts. I can drink it straight. Damn fine for mixing. Can it match up against the higher end stuff? Of course not. But for the money, I think it is a great value.
:-)
At the Mexican Naval Base, I get Don Julio Blanco for $18 :-)
[Reply]
pnoon 02:34 PM 06-23-2009
Rub it in, whydontcha? :-)
[Reply]
JohnnyFlake 04:28 PM 06-23-2009
I'll take 6 bottles!
[Reply]
SmokinApe 05:34 PM 06-23-2009
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Rub it in, whydontcha? :-)
No shizzz...
[Reply]
Len___T 12:47 AM 07-18-2009
I enjoy a brand called Tarantula...one of the best taasting tequlias I have ever had imho...len
[Reply]
ucla695 02:53 PM 07-18-2009
I had some Corazon Anejo last night before dinner. It was just what I needed!! :-)
[Reply]
cherrybomb 10:29 PM 08-16-2009
901 tequila, it's very smooth, altough it only comes in silver for now
[Reply]
gfriend 12:26 PM 08-20-2009
Anyone know where I can find Tenoch in PA Possibly NJ?
Does anyone Ship it?
Thanks
vze3@ptd.net
[Reply]
s0leful0ne 08:56 PM 08-23-2009
I currently started a bottle of Tejano...has anyone heard of this? i was recommended it by the local shop. This is my first dabble into tequila.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 14
« First < 345 67 > Last »
Up