Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>Moscow Mule
cort 06:51 PM 10-22-2013
I'm sure some of you guys have heard of this cocktail but it is new to me. My cousins were up in Santa Barbara a few weeks back and said a brewery up there was serving these up like crazy. Fast forward to yesterday we stopped at BevMo after work to get some ingredients and they had a whole display dedicated to this drink. Where the F did this sh!t come from? After some research I found it to be a cocktail started back in the 1940's sometime but has recently made a huge comeback.

Vodka
Lime Juice
Ginger Beer

Traditionally served in a copper mug. I thought Ginger beer was going to have alcohol in it but it doesn't it's more like a root beer. Anyways, they were damn good I would recommend looking in to them if you like that kind of stuff.

INFO HERE
[Reply]
kydsid 07:11 PM 10-22-2013
I love this drink and one of its variations that uses rum instead and adds simple sugar.
[Reply]
aaron72 10:28 PM 10-22-2013
For another great variation, try the one that uses Gin instead of Vodka.
[Reply]
icehog3 11:50 PM 10-22-2013
I am going to try the variation that uses Tequila, and complicated sugar.
[Reply]
kydsid 05:21 AM 10-23-2013
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I am going to try the variation that uses Tequila, and complicated sugar.
Complicated sugar? Sounds like code for ex-wife :-)
[Reply]
Stephen 09:17 AM 10-23-2013
Originally Posted by kydsid:
I love this drink and one of its variations that uses rum instead and adds simple sugar.
Dark 'n' Stormy. One of my favorites.
[Reply]
Stephen 09:20 AM 10-23-2013
Originally Posted by cort:
I thought Ginger beer was going to have alcohol in it but it doesn't it's more like a root beer.
I'm cheap so I just buy Canada Dry or Seagram's. Also readily available.
[Reply]
Sweet_Leaf_PDX 12:51 PM 12-11-2013
There is a local brewery that makes an alcoholic ginger beer and I like to make Moscow Mules with it. It has a great taste and makes the drink a little less sweet compared to the non-alcoholic ginger beers.
[Reply]
Up