Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 53
1 231151 > Last »
Sports>The Official Soccer/Football/Futbol/Calcio thread
theycallmedan'lboone 02:27 PM 10-15-2008
Here she be boys.
England wins 4 out of 4 with 15 goals... Rooney scored 2, Gerrard had 1 (and missed an open goal from 6 yards).

Croatia up 4-0 last i checked.
[Reply]
funnymantrip 02:36 PM 10-15-2008
Rooney is starting to get on quite a roll.. I suspect he will break a toe next week.
[Reply]
theycallmedan'lboone 02:43 PM 10-15-2008
haha!
[Reply]
aldukes 04:01 PM 10-15-2008
I wish Wayne would score at this pace for my fantasy team.
[Reply]
:eevis 07:01 PM 10-15-2008
Just Starting to get into Futbol myself. Loved watching the Euro Cup. Watching the US v. T&T right now
[Reply]
theycallmedan'lboone 06:50 AM 10-16-2008
Originally Posted by :eevis:
Just Starting to get into Futbol myself. Loved watching the Euro Cup. Watching the US v. T&T right now
I didn't get to watch that match as I had a friend in town, but I saw T&T's first goal off brads head... unlucky... in other world cup qual news:

Torres and Babel both injured for Liverpool, Torres is out 10 days :-) most likely not to play against Wigan, Atletico Madrid and probably Chelsea... time for Keane to earn his wages... Babel has an ankle injury with no time frame for return

Robinho is also out of the action with a thigh strain for an undetermined amount of time.

Michael Owen is hoping to return to duty in 10 days time after a groin strain.

Cesc Fabregas has suffered a quite probable broken nose but insisted on playing through for Spain. He says he will try to push through for Arsenal as he is the oldest of the midfielders (thats scary).

Adjust your teams accordingly..... :-):-)
[Reply]
theycallmedan'lboone 07:42 AM 10-16-2008
Anybody got grubby hands on with Fifa 09 yet?
[Reply]
Tombstone 07:47 AM 10-16-2008
Originally Posted by theycallmedan'lboone:
Anybody got grubby hands on with Fifa 09 yet?
I did not know that there were soccer fans in Alabama.:-)
[Reply]
theycallmedan'lboone 09:29 AM 10-16-2008
My friend, it would probably get me killed down here, if I admitted I'd rather watch Liverpool than Auburn (even before my Orange and Blue teams current plight) If Auburn was playing at 0630... I wouldn't think about getting up... if Liverpool were to play that early... (they do often) I'm up and ready.... speaking of the 'pool... some video's from the past...
The Greatest comback in the history of football

Liverpool v Arsenal 2nd leg CL last year (very excite!)
[Reply]
funnymantrip 09:35 AM 10-16-2008
I don't have my copy yet but played my buddies xbox 360 way too late last night and I am working from home today.
[Reply]
md4958 09:40 AM 10-16-2008
Ciao ragazzi! Great idea for a thread... look forward to chatting with you all.

Forza Azzuri!!
[Reply]
theycallmedan'lboone 11:54 AM 10-16-2008
Originally Posted by md4958:
Ciao ragazzi! Great idea for a thread... look forward to chatting with you all.

Forza Azzuri!!
:-):-):-) GAH! Can't get away from the italians..!!!!!:-):-):-)
(I have this passionate extreme dislike for 99 percent of Italian football, the national team, clubs etc.. say 99% because Alexandre Pato's first goal ever was something to behold, first touch in the Serie A is a goal... can't knock it, so don't take it offensively... I just hate 'em... think Doc Holiday)
[Reply]
md4958 12:58 PM 10-16-2008
(I have this passionate extreme dislike for 99 percent of Italian football, the national team, clubs etc..

:-) no, you cant... we are everywhere!
[Reply]
Jason 02:05 PM 10-16-2008
I was suprised to see calcio in the thread title there DB, you must admit though:

Don Fabio is whipping even the Ingerlish into shape :-) he said they'd "win the important games" and they are.

forza rossoneri
[Reply]
theycallmedan'lboone 02:53 PM 10-16-2008
Oh they know their football, but they taught Christiano Ronaldo to fall down... see!
[Reply]
md4958 07:39 PM 10-16-2008
Oh they know their football, but they taught Christiano Ronaldo to fall down... see!
We teach the best to be better!
[Reply]
hotreds 07:48 PM 10-16-2008
FORZA JUVE!
FORZA ITALIA!

[Reply]
md4958 08:29 PM 10-16-2008
Awesome pic!!!
[Reply]
Don Fernando 03:29 AM 10-17-2008
Torres and Babel both injured for Liverpool, Torres is out 10 days :-) most likely not to play against Wigan, Atletico Madrid and probably Chelsea... time for Keane to earn his wages... Babel has an ankle injury with no time frame for return
Babel isn't out long, just a strained ankle, nothing serious.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 03:32 AM 10-17-2008
(I have this passionate extreme dislike for 99 percent of Italian football, the national team, clubs etc.. say 99% because Alexandre Pato's first goal ever was something to behold, first touch in the Serie A is a goal... can't knock it, so don't take it offensively... I just hate 'em... think Doc Holiday)
:-) the defensive style of football, the macho behaviour, Italian football is boring. I never watch Italian calcio, even though some of my favorite players (Cristian Chivu, Zlatan Ibrahimovic) play there. And they play for the most boring team, Inter Milan.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 53
1 231151 > Last »
Up