Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Sports>Penn State legend Joe Paterno dies at 85
Whee 09:31 AM 01-23-2012
I don't think the OP meant for this thread to take this turn. Can we keep it respectful here?

If you want to discuss the rights and wrong of the situation there at Penn St., start another thread.

:-)
[Reply]
Stephen 09:33 AM 01-23-2012
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
I think you are refering to Jerry Sandusky. :-) Its unfortunate that the people Paterno entrusted to deal with an issue beyond his control failed him and the university. :-)
Nah, you're kidding yourself if you believe that stank didn't envelop JoePa. I'm not tapdancing on the man's grave, far from it. The point remains that unfortunately, this has greatly tarnished his legacy and he'll forever be linked to it, fairly or no.:-)
[Reply]
Stephen 09:49 AM 01-23-2012
Originally Posted by illinoishoosier:
I don't think the OP meant for this thread to take this turn. Can we keep it respectful here?
How does what I say contradict what the OP stated and was echoed throughout this thread?
A sad final months to an otherwise very good life.
Originally Posted by hotreds:
Sad that his legacy is tarnished.
Originally Posted by SteelCityBoy:
Such a sad end. The entire Penn State situation was very sad all around and this just further adds to it.
Originally Posted by Mikey202:
Sad how it all went down in the end.:-)
I think you get the point...I meant no disrespect, but the quote is befitting.:-)
[Reply]
Whee 09:52 AM 01-23-2012
I think the ********** quote was inappropriate.

[Reply]
icehog3 10:37 AM 01-23-2012
Originally Posted by illinoishoosier:
I think the ********** quote was inappropriate.

Yes, it was. And it has been deleted.
[Reply]
icehog3 10:40 AM 01-23-2012
Let me be clear here before any backlash begins.

I am not a Joe Paterno fan, nor do I defend his actions.

I deleted a comment in this thread because it was inappropriate for our forum. Period.
[Reply]
mash 06:46 PM 01-23-2012
So for those of you who are critical of what the PSU Board of Trustees did, let's hear how you would have handled it.

Young boys have been raped by a prominent and longstanding assistant football coach, serially over years. The head coach and president are fully aware of what he did, and have been for a long time. The situation has remained buried and the authorities haven't been informed of this. All of this is rapidly becoming public knowledge. You know far more than is going to be released immediately, but you know that intimate details of this will eventually leak out. You understand that the coach is a legend, and taking action against him is a very serious matter, and will be explosive. To not take action will be equally explosive.

As a director of a major college, which happens to have a top tier football program, you would.....
[Reply]
chippewastud79 09:29 PM 01-23-2012
Originally Posted by mash:
So for those of you who are critical of what the PSU Board of Trustees did, let's hear how you would have handled it.

Young boys have been raped by a prominent and longstanding assistant football coach, serially over years. The head coach and president are fully aware of what he did, and have been for a long time. The situation has remained buried and the authorities haven't been informed of this. All of this is rapidly becoming public knowledge. You know far more than is going to be released immediately, but you know that intimate details of this will eventually leak out. You understand that the coach is a legend, and taking action against him is a very serious matter, and will be explosive. To not take action will be equally explosive.

As a director of a major college, which happens to have a top tier football program, you would.....
Not the way I wanted this thread to turn at all. Feel free to start your own coulda/woulda/shoulda thread. :-)
[Reply]
mash 10:02 PM 01-23-2012
Not the way I wanted this thread to turn at all. Feel free to start your own coulda/woulda/shoulda thread. :-)
It's already turned. I was simply responding to what other people have said in this thread. It was inevitable when you started the discussion that there would be strong opinions on this topic.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up