Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Sports>Margarito - Cotto Dec. 3rd
icehog3 12:33 PM 11-28-2011
Who you rooting for?

Lot of hate there...Margarito is a very hostile man.

Can't find any bars here showing it, and not sure if I am gonna cough up the money for PPV yet.

Me? I am rooting for Cotto, and just hoping the fight is close to as exciting as their first go-round.
[Reply]
icehog3 12:30 AM 11-29-2011
"I asked for some m*********ing answers, M*********ers!!!"

[Reply]
longknocker 03:59 AM 11-29-2011
Bump. No Pick For Me; I Don't Have A Favorite.
[Reply]
emopunker2004 04:02 AM 11-29-2011
I vote Catsup
[Reply]
Bruins Fan 04:05 AM 11-29-2011
Tom save your money buy beer :-)
Margarito should try MMA and then we will see how tough he is.
[Reply]
icehog3 08:52 AM 11-29-2011
Originally Posted by emopunker2004:
I vote Catsup
Maybe you can watch it with your noisy neighbor, bring her some chili.

Originally Posted by Bruins Fan:
Tom save your money buy beer :-)
Margarito should try MMA and then we will see how tough he is.
Two different animals, My Friend. :-)
[Reply]
Stephen 09:27 AM 11-29-2011
I like Cotto going away. Doubt he knocks him out, but I think he'll get a UD.:-)
[Reply]
icehog3 12:35 AM 11-30-2011
Watched the interview with the fighters and Max Kellerman, watched Margarito-Cotto I, and that was too much. Broke down and ordered the fight.
[Reply]
Stephen 04:36 AM 11-30-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Watched the interview with the fighters and Max Kellerman, watched Margarito-Cotto I, and that was too much. Broke down and ordered the fight.
It should be a good one. These two guys genuinely don't like one another, and it usually makes for a more exciting fight.
[Reply]
emopunker2004 04:41 AM 11-30-2011
Maybe you can watch it with your noisy neighbor, bring her some chili.
I don't want her to have gas too :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 11:43 PM 12-02-2011
Tomorrow night....I'll be watching with Justin's neighbor.
[Reply]
Taki 07:10 AM 12-03-2011
Neither....boxing is dare I say old school compared to MMA, so much more skill needed in MMA. Let's be honest though the only real boxing fight anyone wants to see is "the little guy" Manny and Floyd. Any thoughts if it will ever happen???
[Reply]
racerX 08:27 AM 12-03-2011
Margarito gets a bad wrap. Ha - Ha, get it. Actually I'm serious, I think it is time to put his past behind. I was so lucky to go to the Pac man margarito fight in Dallas. Margarito took a beating and kept coming back for more. I could not believe he or his corner didn't throw in the towl. Despite what happened in the past, the guy has heart and guts. I hope he is not risking losing his vision tonight. Cotto is a great fighter. Should be a great fight.
[Reply]
icehog3 09:17 AM 12-03-2011
Originally Posted by Taki:
Neither....boxing is dare I say old school compared to MMA, so much more skill needed in MMA. Let's be honest though the only real boxing fight anyone wants to see is "the little guy" Manny and Floyd. Any thoughts if it will ever happen???
Casual fans. True boxing fans enjoy the truly great fighters, and both Cotto and Margarito are great fighters. Their first fight in 2008 was epic, therefore the great interest among true boxing fans for this fight.

Taking nothing away from MMA fighters, their skill sets are much more diverse with the ground game and takedown game than are traditional boxers' skill sets. And many of them that I have followed bring excitement every fight. But many others... I just get bored watching fighters who are on the mat for 4:45 of a 5 minute round. Not bashing it, just saying it doesn't interest me. Now when they are on their feet? That I like.

The payday for Mayweather - Pacquio will just be too great at some point for Floyd to resist. Likely the biggest purse in boxing history, so I do think it will happen if bothe fighters remain healthy and keep winning.
[Reply]
icehog3 09:21 AM 12-03-2011
Originally Posted by racerX:
Margarito gets a bad wrap. Ha - Ha, get it. Actually I'm serious, I think it is time to put his past behind. I was so lucky to go to the Pac man margarito fight in Dallas. Margarito took a beating and kept coming back for more. I could not believe he or his corner didn't throw in the towl. Despite what happened in the past, the guy has heart and guts. I hope he is not risking losing his vision tonight. Cotto is a great fighter. Should be a great fight.
Bad joke, John...but funny! :-)

Did you see the interview the fighters both did Max Kellerman. Margarito says he isn't afraid to die in the ring...he even says he expects to die in the ring. Anybody with that mindset...well, I guess his vision isn't even a big concern for him. He is a truly "bad" man. But Cotto seems focused, and confident without being cocky. I agree, think it should be a great fight. Hopefully no big suprises like Mayweather - Diaz. :-)
[Reply]
racerX 11:18 PM 12-03-2011
Great fight. I wish it could have gone longer but the result would have been the same. I love boxing. Tom - I hope you liked it as well. Until next time...stay ready to rumble.
[Reply]
icehog3 02:02 AM 12-04-2011
I enjoyed it, John...although you always hope for a knockout rather than a stoppage, Cotto boxed perfectly for the situation and closed Margarito's eye by the 7th. I was happy for Miguel, and hope he gets another big payday...he earned it. :-)
[Reply]
Taki 08:07 AM 12-04-2011
Casual fans. True boxing fans enjoy the truly great fighters, and both Cotto and Margarito are great fighters. Their first fight in 2008 was epic, therefore the great interest among true boxing fans for this fight.

Taking nothing away from MMA fighters, their skill sets are much more diverse with the ground game and takedown game than are traditional boxers' skill sets. And many of them that I have followed bring excitement every fight. But many others... I just get bored watching fighters who are on the mat for 4:45 of a 5 minute round. Not bashing it, just saying it doesn't interest me. Now when they are on their feet? That I like.

The payday for Mayweather - Pacquio will just be too great at some point for Floyd to resist. Likely the biggest purse in boxing history, so I do think it will happen if bothe fighters remain healthy and keep winning.
So the real question is who do you think would win between Floyd and Manny?? Personally I think Floyd would but it would be a decision I dont think Manny as fast as he is could knock Floyd out because of how Floyd fights he is probably one of the best counter fighter ever..plus do you think there is any real merit to the whole "Manny needs too take a drug test" argument??
[Reply]
icehog3 03:05 PM 12-04-2011
I think Floyd will give any fighter a hard time. While I don't care for him personally, as a boxer he has superb skills and fights "smart", using defense and counterpunching effectively, Undefeated for a reason.

I think Pacquio is the best fight out there for Floyd now, but not sure he could win. Regardless, as you said, it's the fight everyone wants to see, and I would be rooting for Manny to shut Big Mouth's yapper.

From everything I have read, I don't find any merit to the drug accusations against Manny...but only his dealer knows for sure. :-) :-)
[Reply]
GreekGodX 04:49 PM 12-04-2011
Cotto looked so good last night. There was no way he was going to lose that fight. This should get him a big fight. Maybe we'll see him square up against Mayweather.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up