Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Sports>TIM TEBOW .......... lol
Mr.Erskine 06:46 PM 01-12-2012
I hate Florida football, and when he was in college, I couldn't stand Tebow, and especially the way commentators glorified and glamorized him.

When the infamous commercial was made for the Superbowl, and the media frenzy and FFRF went bonkers, I started to feel a little sorry for the guy.

Then when he was drafted, and the way the media has criticized him and his religious stand. I wanted to see him succeed. I have read that he is consistent in his actions on and off the field, remaining humble and polite. I even read one story in which the writer admitted that the media is licking their chops to find some dirt on the guy, (as though he is not a human being.)

I want to see him succeed, and I like the way he's doing it. He is living out every football movie script of the plucky underrated player that doesn't do things by the rules, but still gets it done.

I say go Tebow... except when the Broncos are playing the Steelers... of course.
[Reply]
Powers 10:47 AM 01-14-2012
Good article hear about Tebow in the Wall Street Journal:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...920359946.html
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 11:02 AM 01-14-2012
Originally Posted by Powers:
Good article hear about Tebow in the Wall Street Journal:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...920359946.html
Nice article.:-)
[Reply]
Flounder 11:20 AM 01-14-2012
I like Tebow. I think he is one of the few stand-up men in the NFL. My favorite example is when they were being beat by the Pats, and a New England Lineman went down injured and Tebow knelt down next to him and gave him the "How you doing?" treatment, and talked to him, all the way to the cart, and until the cart pulled away. You would NEVER see Tom Brady, or Big Ben, or Eli Manning do something like that. Tebow is just a good sport.

A lot of people say that Tebow is all luck, that he sucks and just gets lucky. I feel like for what he did to that team, his leadership has to have played a big role. Also, as a QB, he is mediocre, that obvious, but I think you would be hard-pressed to find a better athlete anywhere in pro sports.
[Reply]
pnoon 11:23 AM 01-14-2012
Originally Posted by Flounder:
I like Tebow. I think he is one of the few stand-up men in the NFL. My favorite example is when they were being beat by the Pats, and a New England Lineman went down injured and Tebow knelt down next to him and gave him the "How you doing?" treatment, and talked to him, all the way to the cart, and until the cart pulled away. You would NEVER see Tom Brady, or Big Ben, or Eli Manning do something like that. Tebow is just a good sport.
Well said. I am not a huge Tebow fan. BUT, with all the thugs, criminals and felons in professional sports, it IS refreshing to see one who has respect for his colleagues and fellow man.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 11:31 AM 01-14-2012
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Well said. I am not a huge Tebow fan. BUT, with all the thugs, criminals and felons in professional sports, it IS refreshing to see one who has respect for his colleagues and fellow man.
With all the thugs, criminals and felons in the NBA and NFL..:-)
[Reply]
mkarnold1 11:33 AM 01-14-2012
I don't have a strong opinion on young Mr. Tebow, but I read this story from Reilly today and was impressed by his character and generosity.
[Reply]
Powers 11:55 AM 01-14-2012
Originally Posted by mkarnold1:
I don't have a strong opinion on young Mr. Tebow, but I read this story from Reilly today and was impressed by his character and generosity.
Wow. Thanks for sharing :-)
[Reply]
drjammer 07:26 AM 01-15-2012
Originally Posted by pnoon:
:-)
[Reply]
Volusianator 11:16 AM 01-15-2012
Originally Posted by Macadron:
Lets here all your thought on the most talked about sports athlete in the nation
[Reply]
icehog3 01:55 PM 01-15-2012
Originally Posted by Macadron:
Lets here all your thought on the most talked about sports athlete in the nation
I am hear to tell you all my thought on Tebow. I like him. Is that what you wanted to here?
[Reply]
MurphysLaw 01:58 PM 01-15-2012
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I am hear to tell you all my thought on Tebow. I like him. Is that what you wanted to here?
:-)
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up