Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Famous Nic selection
jerseystepup 02:21 PM 04-28-2020
About to pull the trigger on a bundle as it’s all I can afford right now... but having trouble deciphering between. 1000, 2000, etc. in YOUR opinion what’s the best in this series and why?

Currently smoking a Dominican 3000 and while it’s good, it falls a little short to me.
[Reply]
Wharf Rat 12:44 AM 04-29-2020
I smoke the Nic 3000 sometimes. It used to be sorta a cult cigar, made by Oliva. Not sure if it still is. But, it’s a reasonable cheap cigar. It doesn’t”t have the enormous strength that is now sorta a characteristics of a Pepin or Fernandez cigar.

In the cheap Nicaraguan category, I’d prefer to go over to Cfbdi and get a Fallen Angel, Cubao, or the Nica Libre Potencia or Aganorsa
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 07:25 AM 04-29-2020
The NIC 5000 60 is a great maduro. They come out of AJF's factory, IIRC.
[Reply]
gomeitsmybday 09:01 AM 04-29-2020
Originally Posted by Wharf Rat:
In the cheap Nicaraguan category, I’d prefer to go over to Cfbdi and get a Fallen Angel, Cubao, or the Nica Libre Potencia or Aganorsa
+1 on the Fallen Angel, those are really nice smokes. Furthermore I can't really speak to the Famous Nicaraguan line, as I've never tried them.

But if I were in a financial bind, I'd probably consider more budget friendly lines by companies I already knew I liked. They aren't as cheap as the Famous line, but have you tried the El Cobre by Oliva? Damn fine cigar, full bodied spicy Nicaraguan profile, comes in bundles of 25 for approximately $80...could probably be found on bidding sites for even less but I haven't looked.

All that said, in the past, I have been tempted to buy the most affordable cigar but then I find that inevitably I end up being able to buy better cigars and then the cheap cigars never get smoked and just take up space. (Unless those cigars are like the Fallen Angel or El Cobre which are still excellent cigars and just so happen to be much more affordable.) just my :-)
[Reply]
Wharf Rat 12:49 PM 04-29-2020
Originally Posted by gomeitsmybday:

But if I were in a financial bind, I'd probably consider more budget friendly lines by companies I already knew I liked. They aren't as cheap as the Famous line, but have you tried the El Cobre by Oliva? Damn fine cigar, full bodied spicy Nicaraguan profile, comes in bundles of 25 for approximately $80...could probably be found on bidding sites for even less but I haven't looked.
I haven’t had El Cobre in a while; actually have some in the mail now. The other cigars are made by companies I like.

Cubao - Ortega
Nica Libre potencia - Oliva
Nica Libre Aganorsa - Aganorsa Leaf (was Casa Fernandez)
[Reply]
jerseystepup 01:07 PM 04-29-2020
Awesome thanks guys!! Maybe I’ll just save up a little bit for right now. The wife limited me to $50 for cigars for the on my next purchase. Two kids and she’s out of work soooo yea lol. I’m really really liking the sound of those Potencia’s
[Reply]
TXRebel 01:48 PM 04-29-2020
For the money, I like the Flor De Oliva Maduro.
[Reply]
jerseystepup 02:34 PM 04-29-2020
I had a flor de oliva once maybe 10 years ago. I remember it being an enormous Churchill lol. But I believe I liked it. Was either the natural or gold. I’ll have to look into the Maduros. Are these from the oliva factory or just a similar name?
[Reply]
jerseystepup 03:22 PM 04-29-2020
Anyone ever try the Conuco? It’s a super cheap bundle cigar made by Patel exclusively for famous. I’m very weary with the price point but reviews I’ve read all over seem to be pretty decent.

Boy do I mis the old days when I was able to smoke good cigars! Lol
[Reply]
Snook 07:40 AM 04-30-2020
Cigar page has 20 brickhouse robustos for $55. Slightly above your budget but a damn good stick. https://www.cigarpage.com/brick-hous...TXdFeEhQIn0%3D
[Reply]
Up