Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>Bad cigar night
Volt 06:41 AM 03-10-2009
Not sure if you have ever had one, I have before but not this bad. Not sure if it was the cigars or I just wasn't supposed to smoke this day. It started out with a Camacho Habano from a gifted MAW. I asked for a mix of Camachos to try.

This was my first try with this stick. The one other Camacho I have tried (corojo maduro) is excellant so I had high hopes for this one. The pre-light smell was one of immense leather, not subtle at allNot so, this stick started off incredibly bitter and sour. it took almost a 1/4" before this cigar started to back down on the taste. It was all I could do to get this far. The sourness and bitterness started to fade to a low taste and then a strong tobacco taste started to appear.... So 20 min in and almost an inch it it had to die. Very nasty cigar, but YMMV.

Cigar #2 - I pulled out a Cohiba Maduro robusto sized stick I just received from a friend who just returned from overseas. No issues with it's pedigree. Bland is the only word for it. I passed it to another frind who had joined me at the bar and he also agreed - bland. Just no flavor at all. The Secretos version is definitly better. It went into the ash tray at the 1/2 way point.

Waited a 1/2 hour and thought one left in the 3 finger case a Gurk Legend. I know I like this one so I had high hopes. Well I either was corrupted by the first two or was no longer in the mood and it died at the 1/2 way point. What a suck night - at least the bourbon was cold.
[Reply]
Bax 06:43 AM 03-10-2009
It happens to the best of us, and the worst of us too:-)
[Reply]
Skywalker 07:19 AM 03-10-2009
When that happens to me I usually blame it on my taste buds!!!
[Reply]
Scottw 07:40 AM 03-10-2009
That sucks, hopefully your next experience is a better one!
[Reply]
leasingthisspace 07:41 AM 03-10-2009
Sucks to hear that Mike.
[Reply]
kaisersozei 08:17 AM 03-10-2009
Bummer brutha :-)
[Reply]
Legend 08:46 AM 03-10-2009
By the title of the thread I thought you were throwing a dog rocket party.
Cummon down to "bad cigar night" every one being your dog rockets nastiest cigar wins a box of swishers.

Seriously. Bummer dude. I would blame this on what you ate, drank, your health or mood. Those are all pretty decent cigars.
[Reply]
Hardcz 09:02 AM 03-10-2009
I blame mike for the problems. Had he put 2 cubes of ice in his drink and let them melt before consuming it might of been better...
[Reply]
Wanger 09:27 AM 03-10-2009
I have heard from others that the Secretos are the best of the Cohiba Maduros, but have not tested the theory yet myself.

Too bad about the off cigar night! It can only get better from there. :-)
[Reply]
hotreds 09:31 AM 03-10-2009
Sometimes you’re the windshield, sometimes you’re the bug.
[Reply]
Volt 09:36 AM 03-10-2009
Originally Posted by hotreds:
Sometimes you’re the windshield, sometimes you’re the bug.
Ok, that's too funny. Spent Sun washing, waxing, doing the chrome on the bike. Note this is my first of the semi-annual cleaning. On the way from the bar last night I must have killed a good dozen critters on the clean windshield. Other than the people I was with (none better) :-) , it was just an off karma night.
[Reply]
romwarrior 10:13 AM 03-10-2009
Originally Posted by Volt:
Cigar #2 - I pulled out a Cohiba Maduro robusto sized stick I just received from a friend who just returned from overseas. No issues with it's pedigree. Bland is the only word for it. I passed it to another frind who had joined me at the bar and he also agreed - bland. Just no flavor at all. The Secretos version is definitly better. It went into the ash tray at the 1/2 way point.
If you are talking about the Magicos, then I had the same experience as you. I thought it was amazingly boring, so it may not have totally been your taste buds...
[Reply]
SmokeyJoe 10:36 AM 03-10-2009
No worries... I'm sure next time will right the ship. Get you a good Pepin or Tatuaje... should fix you right up. :-)
[Reply]
eboniknight 10:47 AM 03-10-2009
Oh yeah that sucks but I can relate. Has a similar situation Friday on the golf course. After a good breakfast, I decided my tee-off smoke would be a RP Fusion. WOW!! Maybe my taste buds are not totally refined yet but this was way too harsh. Too much pepper for my taste. Needless to say it didn't make it past the first hole.....yuck!! I figured by hole #4 I would be good to light up my Comacho Triple Muduro and put that other one behind me. Boy was I wrong. Even after my third cigar try, the taste from the first one still had my palate in ruins.......and my game sucked just as bad!!! :-)
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 11:05 AM 03-10-2009
Ok dont make fun of me...One day out on the lake I drank well...too much :-) and when I drink more I smoke more. I was on my third AF (not sure what..as I was drunk) and I started getting a little dizzy. Well to make a long story short I went to throw up off the side of the boat but my friends girlfriend was in the way. oops! That was my only bad smoking day.
[Reply]
eboniknight 11:14 AM 03-10-2009
Originally Posted by WildBlueSooner:
Ok dont make fun of me...One day out on the lake I drank well...too much :-) and when I drink more I smoke more. I was on my third AF (not sure what..as I was drunk) and I started getting a little dizzy. Well to make a long story short I went to throw up off the side of the boat but my friends girlfriend was in the way. oops! That was my only bad smoking day.
Oh Yeah......that's bad!!!
[Reply]
Catfish 11:17 AM 03-10-2009
Originally Posted by eboniknight:
... I would be good to light up my Comacho Triple Muduro and put that other one behind me. Boy was I wrong.
A bad experience with a Camacho Triple Maduro? :-) Isn't that blasphemy? :-)

:-)
[Reply]
darb85 11:55 AM 03-10-2009
bummer, I get days like that though every once in a while.
[Reply]
ucla695 05:07 PM 03-10-2009
It happens. The key is to smoke your go to cigar the next time. :-)
[Reply]
tunes 05:11 PM 03-10-2009
at least the bourbon was cold...:-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up