Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Iphone/Itouch Mobile Stogie Users COME HERE
SilverFox 08:21 AM 10-22-2009
Hey now, can this be right.

I have been using Ken's app for some time and it rocks. I went and looked it up on itunes and popped down to see two crummy reviews from some non believers.

Now I believe fully in true and complete disclosure but after reading through the thread I noticed that many of us love the app and also Ken responds to every query from us.

So here is what I implore you to do. Open up your itunes search for the app and leave the man some feedback. I am assuming more positive feedback means more sales which I am assuming goes to Ken.

Just wanting to support a fellow inmate.

Now step up lads.
[Reply]
tenbaseg 09:28 AM 10-22-2009
Great idea. Going over there now. The best app on my phone!
[Reply]
aich75013 10:37 AM 10-22-2009
Originally Posted by tenbaseg:
Great idea. Going over there now. The best app on my phone!
Great idea. I've never bother leaving feedback, but this time I will.
[Reply]
Volt 10:39 AM 10-22-2009
hmmm good idea..... but I live an APPLE free life, so I can't help out
[Reply]
ucubed 12:14 PM 10-22-2009
it looks awesome... but $3.99 for the app =(
[Reply]
kgoings 12:20 PM 10-22-2009
Originally Posted by ucubed:
Cheaper than 99% of the cigars I smoke...and they are all used up in an hour or so...
[Reply]
KenS 12:23 PM 10-22-2009
Originally Posted by SilverFox:
Hey now, can this be right.

I have been using Ken's app for some time and it rocks. I went and looked it up on itunes and popped down to see two crummy reviews from some non believers.

Now I believe fully in true and complete disclosure but after reading through the thread I noticed that many of us love the app and also Ken responds to every query from us.

So here is what I implore you to do. Open up your itunes search for the app and leave the man some feedback. I am assuming more positive feedback means more sales which I am assuming goes to Ken.

Just wanting to support a fellow inmate.

Now step up lads.
And there I thought Vin was my first employee for the marketing department. :-) Thanks as always for the support :-) :-)
[Reply]
ucubed 12:25 PM 10-22-2009
Originally Posted by kgoings:
Cheaper than 99% of the cigars I smoke...and they are all used up in an hour or so...
Touche...I guess I'll buy it if I have some left over funds on my itunes account...peer pressure!

The ring guage tool is fun to play with...I think I'm going to measure some cigars now =D
[Reply]
KenS 12:27 PM 10-22-2009
Yeah, I know that iPhone apps are "supposed to be" either free or $0.99 :-).
That's just a tough way to justify the hundreds of hours some guys spend developing and refining apps. I understand for the stupid iFart apps, but I think it's crazy how this works out for apps that get real care and feeding.

However, feel free to PM me your addy, and I'll send you a few cigars to help you balance out the financials. Honest.
[Reply]
ucubed 12:33 PM 10-22-2009
Originally Posted by KenS:
Yeah, I know that iPhone apps are "supposed to be" either free or $0.99 :-).
That's just a tough way to justify the hundreds of hours some guys spend developing and refining apps. I understand for the stupid iFart apps, but I think it's crazy how this works out for apps that get real care and feeding.

However, feel free to PM me your addy, and I'll send you a few cigars to help you balance out the financials. Honest.
lol I wasn't really complaining the price per se, I've purchased some other useful tools for x amount of dollars...as well as some games (even lamer)...I just didn't feel like adding more money into my itunes account :-) . No need to balance out the financials. Quick question though, I purchased this for my itouch, so am I going to need to connect to wifi to use the full functionality of this program? I really should find an unlocked iphone =/
[Reply]
KenS 12:38 PM 10-22-2009
lol I wasn't really complaining the price per se, I've purchased some other useful tools for x amount of dollars...as well as some games (even lamer)...I just didn't feel like adding more money into my itunes account :-) . No need to balance out the financials. Quick question though, I purchased this for my itouch, so am I going to need to connect to wifi to use the full functionality of this program? I really should find an unlocked iphone =/
You only need to be on wifi to download updates to the reference cigars (or to do a web search from within the app). 99% of the app is local to your iPod Touch, including all of the cigar data. So no net connection needed to use it day-to-day.

As always, feature/bug feedback is appreciated :-) (pricing feedback, less so :-))
[Reply]
ucubed 12:41 PM 10-22-2009
Originally Posted by KenS:
You only need to be on wifi to download updates to the reference cigars (or to do a web search from within the app). 99% of the app is local to your iPod Touch, including all of the cigar data. So no net connection needed to use it day-to-day.

As always, feature/bug feedback is appreciated :-) (pricing feedback, less so :-))
Awesome, I always hated those programs where I need to connect to wifi to be able to fully use the program =)...should I post suggestions to the report a problem/feedback via app store or shall I pm them?
[Reply]
KenS 01:09 PM 10-22-2009
Awesome, I always hated those programs where I need to connect to wifi to be able to fully use the program =)...should I post suggestions to the report a problem/feedback via app store or shall I pm them?
PM works fine, and there is a support email and website referenced on the info screen of the app.
[Reply]
Fishbeadtwo 01:27 PM 10-22-2009
does this app have data on smokes from you know where?
[Reply]
aich75013 01:38 PM 10-22-2009
Originally Posted by Fishbeadtwo:
does this app have data on smokes from you know where?
Yes.
[Reply]
SilverFox 01:39 PM 10-22-2009
From Cuba

Yes indeed it does, after all an app needs to be good for all worldly users and Cubans are perfectly legal here in Canada.
[Reply]
Fishbeadtwo 01:43 PM 10-22-2009
Originally Posted by SilverFox:
From Cuba

Yes indeed it does, after all an app needs to be good for all worldly users and Cubans are perfectly legal here in Canada.

Thanks for the reminder Fox...................:-) someday perhaps they will e legal here too......:-)
[Reply]
Volt 01:43 PM 10-22-2009
Threadjack /on

That firey fox pic still rocks.

threadjack /off
[Reply]
perogee 06:59 PM 10-22-2009
so worth it
[Reply]
Ic3man08 07:18 PM 10-22-2009
I apologize if I missed it, but what is the name of the app? I'm a newbie and I have actually been hoping for a recommended app for the iphone. Thanks.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up