Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 14
< 123 4513 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>Dark Lord Day 2011
IBQTEE1 08:35 AM 01-19-2011
Originally Posted by Gonesledn:
it means you are not great.... just plain ole' awesome!
Aw shucks!! :-)

Originally Posted by icehog3:
Yup....maximum two Golden tickets per person, each good for 4 beers last year, although they can change the rules this year at their discretion. $15 a bottle, plus $10 for the ticket, meant $140 for 8 22 oz. bottles.
Says the guy that didn't make it last year!! (But his tickets did)
[Reply]
icehog3 09:23 AM 01-19-2011
Originally Posted by IBQTEE1:

Says the guy that didn't make it last year!! (But his tickets did)
Am I wrong?
[Reply]
Sean9689 01:33 PM 01-19-2011
Not too far away! :-)
[Reply]
pnoon 09:30 PM 01-19-2011
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:
I'll be there. When are the golden tickets available?
They usually spring that on short notice...I am sure it will get posted as soon as someone hears, Nate.
Someone. Anyone. Please PM, call, or text me when you hear about when the sale will start. I want to get me some 2011 Dark Lord.
[Reply]
icehog3 10:50 PM 01-19-2011
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Someone. Anyone. Please PM, call, or text me when you hear about when the sale will start. I want to get me some 2011 Dark Lord.
Word on the streets is the Goldern Tickets will be on sale St Patty's Day, Peter. :-)
[Reply]
pnoon 10:55 PM 01-19-2011
Word on the streets is the Goldern Tickets will be on sale St Patty's Day, Peter. :-)
mmm gotta get me some Goldern Tickets.
[Reply]
icehog3 11:11 PM 01-19-2011

Hey! I'm a starfish!!
[Reply]
Whipper Snapper 11:15 PM 01-19-2011
You know, when I first started reading this thread, I thought it was about THE dark lord. Then I realized, the dark lord would be hard to drink.

Then I remembered that this was posted in the beer section and there happens to be a beer called... yeah.
[Reply]
icehog3 11:17 PM 01-19-2011
Originally Posted by Tecnorobo:
You know, when I first started reading this thread, I thought it was about THE dark lord. Then I realized, the dark lord would be hard to drink.

Then I remembered that this was posted in the beer section and there happens to be a beer called... yeah.
[Reply]
Whipper Snapper 11:20 PM 01-19-2011
I was gonna explain myself as to why I posted what I did, but I figured I should leave well enough alone.

The Dark Lord is an Imperial stout is it not?
I've obviously never tried this brew (read a few comments above).
I can't decide if I love this style or not. I thought Samuel Smiths Imperial was mighty delicious though.

Is old rasputin considered an Imperial, because I did not enjoy that one at all
[Reply]
icehog3 11:24 PM 01-19-2011
Russian Imperial Stout.

[Reply]
Bill86 03:43 AM 01-20-2011
I was gonna explain myself as to why I posted what I did, but I figured I should leave well enough alone.

I can't decide if I love this style or not. I thought Samuel Smiths Imperial was mighty delicious though.

Yes old Rasputin is an Imperial stout, it's very mediocre. I like Stone's russian or DFH WWS. Avery's Czar isn't bad for the price. Also Ten-Fidy is quite tasty for a reasonable price.
[Reply]
IBQTEE1 09:03 AM 01-20-2011
Am I wrong?
No, but kinda funny (to me anyway)

Here are Tom's tickets and money from last year.

If you are not a stout drinker then this beer might not be for you. It is a sipping beer but the flavors are so complex that you don't want slam it. It is best if you share with some of your close friends.

Originally Posted by Bill86:
Yes old Rasputin is an Imperial stout, it's very mediocre. I like Stone's russian or DFH WWS. Avery's Czar isn't bad for the price. Also Ten-Fidy is quite tasty for a reasonable price.
I have tried the Ten Fidy and I have to say it is pretty good.
[Reply]
awsmith4 09:49 AM 01-20-2011
I am jealous I can't make DLD but maybe I will be able to make the Cigar City Hunapu release and be able to find someone to trade with.
[Reply]
St. Lou Stu 11:11 AM 01-20-2011
Where to begin?
See what you missed last year Tom?
Great beer, chics mud wrestling and tossing each other into the pond, Kristin's Crazy Legs, Herfin, More good beer, the pond...
What fond mamories. :-)

I already have the trip planned. I gotta get brewing to bring some stuff of my own too!

I wouldn't miss it for the world.

Tickets went on fire sale St. Patty's day in years past. I'm clearing my schedule for St. Patty's day eve. Last year I ended up with 11 bottles, so Albert, Peter... you'll be taken care of if you so desire. Hell, even if you get tickets... someone will stand in line for ya while drinking beer and smoking cigars. It's a tough gig, but just for you fellers...:-)
[Reply]
awsmith4 12:29 PM 01-20-2011
Originally Posted by St. Lou Stu:
Where to begin?
See what you missed last year Tom?
Great beer, chics mud wrestling and tossing each other into the pond, Kristin's Crazy Legs, Herfin, More good beer, the pond...
What fond mamories. :-)

I already have the trip planned. I gotta get brewing to bring some stuff of my own too!

I wouldn't miss it for the world.

Tickets went on fire sale St. Patty's day in years past. I'm clearing my schedule for St. Patty's day eve. Last year I ended up with 11 bottles, so Albert, Peter... you'll be taken care of if you so desire. Hell, even if you get tickets... someone will stand in line for ya while drinking beer and smoking cigars. It's a tough gig, but just for you fellers...:-)
Tim, my love for you grows daily
[Reply]
MrsSledn 08:50 PM 01-20-2011
Originally Posted by Gonesledn:
yup, streets are lined with cars for parking.. and various lots. it is a great time, i encourage eveyone to try and make it. everything else in the park is closed basicly
Remember me, your wife? I WILL be going this year.
[Reply]
McSmokey 06:46 AM 01-21-2011
I would love to be able to make this but I'm afraid to even buy tickets as the work load my department is under right now leaves no guarantee of off time(even on weekends) through May. :-)
[Reply]
IBQTEE1 11:50 AM 01-21-2011
Originally Posted by MrsSledn:
Remember me, your wife? I WILL be going this year.
Looking forward to meeting you!! :-)
[Reply]
IBQTEE1 12:41 PM 02-01-2011
One month closer!! Wow I can't believe it is February already.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 14
< 123 4513 > Last »
Up