Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>Thoughts on Edgestar or vinotemp mini kegerator
Negncic 01:40 PM 09-19-2011
Does anyone have any thoughts, good bad or otherwise on the Edgestar or Vinotmep mini kegerator? I started out looking at the beertender, but found that my local beer distributor has access to 5l kegs of Warsteiner, Spaten, Bitburger and a bunch more. Both the vinotemp and edgestar are capable of dispensing non-pressurized cans with a co2 kit which opens up much more variety than the beertender. Thanks
[Reply]
LostAbbott 01:44 PM 09-19-2011
Build your own. These things can be really finicky and if you understand how it all goes together then it will be much easier to fix. Also it is a lot cheaper, you get better components all the way through, and a lot more fridge options.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Negncic 02:01 PM 09-19-2011
Originally Posted by LostAbbott:
Build your own. These things can be really finicky and if you understand how it all goes together then it will be much easier to fix. Also it is a lot cheaper, you get better components all the way through, and a lot more fridge options.
Posted via Mobile Device
I gave some thought to building my own but I don't drink enough beer for that sized kegs.
[Reply]
LostAbbott 02:10 PM 09-19-2011
So build one that can hold two ponies or a large keg, say if you are having a party. Keep in mind a properly cared for keg can last up to and longer than 8 months.

This is a great place to start for ideas. It is a home brew site so some of the fridges are too small or what not, but there are a lot of good images on the pieces and parts that you would need and how to do it.

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/show...gerator-29053/
[Reply]
BeerAdvocate 11:09 AM 09-22-2011
You can build your own using a cheap old fridge off of craigslist and a few supplies from Kegconnection.com.
Just make sure you use the proper fittings for the type of kegs you want to have. I spent around $200 for my whole setup. here is a pic
Attached: Kegaerator.jpg (9.0 KB) 
[Reply]
shilala 11:32 AM 09-22-2011
I'm 100% with these guys.
I looked at both, they're thermoelectric. Unless you like warm beer, I wouldn't even give it a thought.
Avanti and Krups make them, too. Avanti makes one that is compressor driven, it's the CB350S. That will make cold beer, I wouldn't be afraid of it.
I'd still go the old-school route and make my own, for sure. If you really like the mini-kegerator idea, stick with compressor driven. :-)
[Reply]
Up