Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>Stranahans Colorado Whiskey
bruceolee 04:48 PM 07-29-2011
Went to Colorado in June for my brothers wedding and took some time to visit Stranahans distillery. I bought a bottle ($60) at the end of the tour. It's a very nice "straight whiskey" with a caramel, oak charre, a wonderful overal wood tone flavor. I'm not much of a whiskey guy but this I enjoyed and I think someone with more experience could give a better review.
The facility was great. They have a pub for the waiting area for the tour so you can enjoy a lot of nice local brews before hand. I enjoyed a pint of Left hand milk stout (nitrogen not carbonated) before the tour plus free samples at the end so you can't go wrong there. The tour was great and I highly recomend it. :-)

[Reply]
bruceolee 04:49 PM 07-29-2011

[Reply]
bruceolee 04:50 PM 07-29-2011

[Reply]
b0rderman 04:57 PM 07-29-2011
I'm often down there for a pint but haven't taken the tour!

great pics
[Reply]
ArgusP2 06:19 PM 07-29-2011
Larry (SD Beerman) had brought a bottle back and brought to one of the S.H.I.T. Herfs. Everyone enjoyed the bottle including myself. I've been looking through my address book to see if I know anyone in Colorado who can send me a couple of bottles.
Thanks for sharing the pics of the distillery tour! Love the pictures of the barrels.
[Reply]
Starz26 07:18 PM 07-29-2011
Great tour. Used to be able to get it from Binny' in Chicago but since the demand has increased they no longer distribute out of state.

I do have a seller in CO that ships, if anyone needs that info PM.

This is great stuff. Like in the tour, add a bit of spring water to yosnit ass and it is like drinking a brand new drink......
[Reply]
Up