Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 6
1 23 > Last »
Sports>Official NFL Football Thread
Mikey202 09:09 PM 10-14-2008
I'll get it started. Browns spank Giants, Roy Williams traded to Cowboys, ect.

Discuss and show your fanhood and love of the game.:-)
[Reply]
King James 09:11 PM 10-14-2008
didn't know Roy Williams got traded.

Am glad the Pack got the W this weekend though
[Reply]
CBI_2 12:18 AM 10-15-2008
Great move by the Lions. They need the picks to fix the years of Millen's mistakes.

Go Bucs!
[Reply]
Clampdown 06:44 AM 10-15-2008
I love watching the Cowboys crumble. Jones is trying to go out there and grab anyone he can to take the news away on Pacman. Thats what happens when you surround yourself with thugs, your team gets dragged through the mud. I hope the NFL moves on from Pacman and they make an example out of him, that if you dont follow the rules go play in Canada, we dont want you here. :-)
[Reply]
Steelerfanatic 07:01 AM 10-15-2008
Who would have thought that after Millen was canned, the Lions would make there first great deal. :-)

This is a huge win for the Lions IMHO. They get a 1,3 and 6 and give up Williams and his salary and 7. Very good deal for the Lions.
[Reply]
Steelerfanatic 07:03 AM 10-15-2008
Originally Posted by Clampdown:
I love watching the Cowboys crumble. Jones is trying to go out there and grab anyone he can to take the news away on Pacman. Thats what happens when you surround yourself with thugs, your team gets dragged through the mud. I hope the NFL moves on from Pacman and they make an example out of him, that if you dont follow the rules go play in Canada, we dont want you here. :-)
This is why I love being a Steeler fan. The Roonies will not allow this to take place with their team. They only bring in players with good character.

GO STEELERS!
[Reply]
elderboy02 07:22 AM 10-15-2008
The Bengals are awesome baby! 0-6!
[Reply]
Steelerfanatic 07:33 AM 10-15-2008
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
The Bengals are awesome baby! 0-6!
:-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 07:40 AM 10-15-2008
Originally Posted by BeachCougar:
Image :-)
[Reply]
tedrodgerscpa 10:17 AM 10-15-2008
I'm enjoying 5-0!!!
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 10:20 AM 10-15-2008
I'm enjoying 4-2. How bout them Falcons and Matty Ryan!
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 10:41 AM 10-15-2008
Despite the disappointing last game, i'm still excited about the Giants!
[Reply]
kgoings 10:53 AM 10-15-2008
Oops, I dont know how I missed this thread...but I started another one...maybe it can be deleted cause I can not edit it.

I was starting the thread with the question, post who you root for AND WHY!

Me I grew up in Nebraska, and an rabid Nebraska Football fan. There are not any Pro teams in the area, and I never really developed an interest in any. My father always watched the packers, although I am not sure he is a Packers fan...just a football fan.

And another thing...I HATE BANDWAGON FANS!

So that being that, I was living in Dallas, and surrounded by Cowboy fans. My wife asked me one day, 'Your such a huge Nebraska fan, and really follow college footbal...why don't your follow Pro?' I pondered the question and then said...'well I never picked a team' and she responded..not knowing what she was getting into lol 'You should pick a team, it would be fun!'

So I went to thinking about who MY team would be, and there was no way I was picking the Cowboys, I just could not STAND some of the players on that team. So I sat down and thought about the players I liked and the teams I watch...this was in 99 and the playoffs were just getting started...and ALL the teams I could think of that I could "Like" were in the playoffs... ewwwwww that might make me a Bandwagon fan. So I could not pick any of them. So I kept it in the back of my head, and along comes a job offer in Phoenix....we move to phoenix...and on the flight there it occured to me! NO ONE WOULD CALL ME A BANDWAGON FAN FOR BEING A CARDINALS FAN! LOL!

So I bought season tickets on the 50 yard line, and I am just as Rabid today about the Cardinals as I am about the Huskers! I know long story, and the Cardinals have really sucked the past couple years. But it is fun rooting for the home town team. They have some really cool players, and I have met alot of them around town. And now that they are becoming somewhat "Okay" it is really fun!
[Reply]
shvictor 10:57 AM 10-15-2008
Originally Posted by Clampdown:

That was a great trade for the Boys. They had no one to compliment TO. Now they have two #1 Receivers on the same team. He's been trying to get Williams for two years so I dont see how he's trying to take the news away from pacman :-):-). By the way whats your team?
[Reply]
okierock 02:17 PM 10-15-2008
Kansas City Chiefs fan here.

Tough season so far but I still like Herm and I hope they give him at least two more years to get things going in the right direction.

Herm is a great tallent scout and doesn't allow losers like PacMan Jones on the team.
[Reply]
Beer Doctor 02:41 PM 10-15-2008
Go COWBOYS!!! Roy Williams will be awesome and Brad Johnson will be sufficient. Mike Jenkins will be just as good as Pacman, if not better. We'll weather this storm and rally. Woot woot.
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 02:47 PM 10-15-2008
Originally Posted by Beer Doctor:
Go COWBOYS!!! Roy Williams will be awesome and Brad Johnson will be sufficient. Mike Jenkins will be just as good as Pacman, if not better. We'll weather this storm and rally. Woot woot.
I doubt it :-)
[Reply]
white_s2k 09:54 PM 10-15-2008
I hope Pacman Jones never plays another down for the Cowboys.

Not too sure about the Williams trade.. but we'll see how it goes. I think the worst is behind us, and Brad Johnson will get us through until the bye week.

GO COWBOYS!!!!
[Reply]
CBI_2 09:57 PM 10-15-2008
Originally Posted by white_s2k:
I hope Pacman Jones never plays another down for the Cowboys.

Not too sure about the Williams trade.. but we'll see how it goes. I think the worst is behind us, and Brad Johnson will get us through until the bye week.

GO COWBOYS!!!!
:-) Old noodle arm! :-)
[Reply]
white_s2k 11:41 PM 10-15-2008
Originally Posted by CBI_2:
:-) Old noodle arm! :-)

Too bad I can't argue :-)

I think he'll be fine, we have 3 games and then a Bye week. And hell this week SHOULD be a bye considering we're playing the Rams.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 6
1 23 > Last »
Up