Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Entertainment>Cigar Bands on TV in 'Newsradio'
Porch Dweller 03:13 PM 08-10-2022
I'm doing a re-watch of one of my favorite sitcoms, Newsradio. During the episode 'Rap' (S3E12) I noticed something I've never noticed before: cigar bands on the radio booth console of newsman Bill McNeill, played by the late, great Phil Hartman. As Hartman smoked cigars IRL and did so in character several times on the show I can only imagine that these are from his own smokes.

[Reply]
AdamJoshua 03:46 PM 08-10-2022
May his then wife rot in hell.
[Reply]
shark 05:04 PM 08-10-2022
I saw that episode where both Phil and John Lovitz were in it, this was after Phil's death and I knew Lovitz took over after him. It just sorta hit me in the feels when I saw that episode. Fu*ing senseless his death was.
[Reply]
shark 05:09 PM 08-10-2022
Originally Posted by Porch Dweller:
I'm doing a re-watch of one of my favorite sitcoms, Newsradio. During the episode 'Rap' (S3E12) I noticed something I've never noticed before: cigar bands on the radio booth console of newsman Bill McNeill, played by the late, great Phil Hartman. As Hartman smoked cigars IRL and did so in character several times on the show I can only imagine that these are from his own smokes.

I see a couple Cohiba, maybe Punch, Ramon Allones, Hoyo De Monterey, Diplomaticos
[Reply]
Up