Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 18 of 23
« First < 8161718 1920 > Last »
Good Eats>The "I'm currently eating..." thread
AdamJoshua 09:03 PM 02-25-2013
Sweet and Sour Cabbage soup, my mom's old recipe or "de-vicalda cabbage" I suppose phonetically. I never liked the hamburger in it so when I was little I used to just eat all the cabbage out of it, the meat was rolled in cabbage leaves.. so yah it would end up being a big pot of hamburger when I was done with it and she finally started putting in extra cabbage for me. I got her recipe from my older brother the other day and made it, just put in chuck pieces instead of hamburger... very tasty. Thanks mom!
[Reply]
SvilleKid 09:16 PM 02-25-2013
I had another Nutter-butter peanut butter sandwich cookie. I know, not very exciting. But I had bacon wrapped scallops on a fresh fruit chutney earlier tonight (At Bonefish Grill - I sure didn't cook that up in the hotel room!!)
[Reply]
jjefrey 08:59 PM 02-26-2013
Spinach salad
Baked potato
Corn
Strip steak med rare
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 09:37 PM 02-26-2013
Ahh having a herf of one at home drinking coffee and trying so many new sticks I totally forgot about food... so um ... Gummy Bears and Cigars for dinner .. :-)l
[Reply]
RWhisenand 09:39 PM 02-26-2013
My wife took the day off work, and made dinner for us, a rare treat! She made grilled lamb fajitas, she winged it, and they turned out great! The dogs loved the bones, we were all happy!
[Reply]
RWhisenand 09:42 PM 02-26-2013
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua:
Sweet and Sour Cabbage soup, my mom's old recipe or "de-vicalda cabbage" I suppose phonetically. I never liked the hamburger in it so when I was little I used to just eat all the cabbage out of it, the meat was rolled in cabbage leaves.. so yah it would end up being a big pot of hamburger when I was done with it and she finally started putting in extra cabbage for me. I got her recipe from my older brother the other day and made it, just put in chuck pieces instead of hamburger... very tasty. Thanks mom!
We have cabbage soup when we go out for Basque food (popular here) it's real good!

Anyway, they don't put ground beef in the soup, but just a little sausage. A couple dashes of Tobasco and it is wonderful.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 12:48 PM 03-15-2013
About to make a jew boy sized corned beef sandwich, nice thing about cooking it yourself is there is never "not enough". Time for one of those 6" high sandwiches with half sour garlic pickles on the side. SCORE
[Reply]
emopunker2004 11:10 PM 03-26-2013
Blue Diamond Habanero BBQ almonds! :-)

[Reply]
AdamJoshua 07:31 PM 03-27-2013
Chili but don't tell peter. :-)
[Reply]
cmitch 11:11 AM 03-29-2013
A hot toasted sub called the Turkey sub. Roast Sliced Turkey breast with provolone cheese, lettuce, tomato, mayo. Place here called Pizza Chef, a spinoff of a joint we used to have called The Chicago Subway. Even tho the Pizza Chef Franchise doesn't make toasted subs, they offer this from their old menu. Best damn sandwich you'll ever eat.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 09:02 PM 03-29-2013
[Reply]
Remo 09:30 PM 03-29-2013
My wife has gone vegan, so on my days off at home eating it's getting pretty slim for me :-) tonight I had some Tofu scramble that she made, it was ok, good thing I had a chicken sandwich for lunch.
[Reply]
equetefue 10:52 PM 03-29-2013
Garlic roasted hummus with crackers and a cup if french vanilla cappucino
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 11:22 PM 03-29-2013
Originally Posted by Remo:
My wife has gone vegan, so on my days off at home eating it's getting pretty slim for me :-) tonight I had some Tofu scramble that she made, it was ok, good thing I had a chicken sandwich for lunch.
What ever you do don't post an empty plate! :-) :-)
[Reply]
BHalbrooks 02:25 PM 03-31-2013
Just two burgers cooked with Franks Red hot and Worcestershire sauce. Nothing special, damn good.
[Reply]
cmitch 10:36 AM 04-02-2013
Originally Posted by Remo:
'I'm a Vegan' in my household is fight'n woids. Enjoy your tofu.:-)
[Reply]
SvilleKid 08:33 PM 04-02-2013
Homemade Chicken Salad, sliced extra-sharp cheddar cheese, apple slices, crackers.
[Reply]
pektel 09:21 AM 04-03-2013
Originally Posted by cmitch:
'I'm a Vegan' in my household is fight'n woids. Enjoy your tofu.:-)
:-) :-)

Salad's not food. Salad comes with the food.
[Reply]
Subvet642 09:44 AM 04-03-2013
Liverwurst and swiss on pumpernickel w/lettuce, thinly sliced onion, mayo and a touch of brown mustard. :-)
[Reply]
shilala 10:04 AM 04-03-2013
Damn me for wandering in here. Weeze saw the Kale Waldorf Salad and now I'm gonna find myself pushing that nasty sh1t in my face. I am not a fan of kale, not by any means. She's been feeding it to me relentlessly.

I'll be having a spinach, almond milk, mixed fruit and agave nectar smoothie for lunch. They're actually really good, even though they look like nuclear sludge turning into a dangerous creature of some sort.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 23
« First < 8161718 1920 > Last »
Up