Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 9 of 14
« First < 789 1011 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>Tequila Thread!!!
CigarNut 06:28 PM 06-06-2010
Very nice collection!
[Reply]
76GTFan 07:01 PM 06-06-2010
I like some Tequila. I hated it for years, due to not knowing quality. Having said that, it doesn't hold a candle, flavor wise, to a nice bourbon or scotch w/ a cigar. Just my opinion.
[Reply]
JohnnyFlake 08:36 PM 06-06-2010
Originally Posted by montecristo#2:
Tried some Partida Anejo last week, so made a little stop at BevMo today. They were out of the Anejo, so that will be my next purchase.

My small but growing Tequila collection :-)

Hey my friend, it's been awhile!

Nice collection!!!

Partida is my second favorite Tequila at this time in my life. The Anejo is remarkable. Do your self a favor and try a bottle of Casa Noble, which ever style you favor. For me, although I really enjoy Anejo, my preferred choice is always a Blanco/Crystal/Silver, you get the idea.
[Reply]
montecristo#2 08:48 PM 06-06-2010
Originally Posted by JohnnyFlake:
Hey my friend, it's been awhile!

Nice collection!!!

Partida is my second favorite Tequila at this time in my life. The Anejo is remarkable. Do your self a favor and try a bottle of Casa Noble, which ever style you favor. For me, although I really enjoy Anejo, my preferred choice is always a Blanco/Crystal/Silver, you get the idea.
Hey Johnny - it has been a while.

Yeh, I tried a 50 ml sampler of the Partida Anejo and it was unbelievable, so I grabbed the silver and the reposado as they were out of the Anejo. I may grab a bottle of that tomorrow at a different store.

I will definitey try the Casa Noble - I will look for a 50 ml sample to start.

I hope all is well!
[Reply]
CigarNut 10:16 PM 06-06-2010
Here is a collection of some of my favorites:

I also like single malt scotch and I think Tequila goes just as well with cigars as other drinks. It all depends what you are in the mood for. Sometimes it's water, sometimes it's coffee, sometimes it's scotch and sometimes it is tequila.

There is no right or wrong, only what you like.
[Reply]
montecristo#2 10:26 PM 06-06-2010
Originally Posted by CigarNut:
Here is a collection of some of my favorites:

I also like single malt scotch and I think Tequila goes just as well with cigars as other drinks. It all depends what you are in the mood for. Sometimes it's water, sometimes it's coffee, sometimes it's scotch and sometimes it is tequila.

There is no right or wrong, only what you like.

I bought a 50 ml of the Corzo today to give it a try. They also had a 50 ml of the Asombroso Extra Anejo for $25. This is the first time I have seen one of the ultra premiums in a sample that size. I almost pulled the trigger, but since I have not had any of the other ones, I figured I would pass.

How is the Asombroso Rosa?

I also have a bottle of the coffee Patron, but it was not in the picture.

I have liked the margaritas I have had with Cazadores in them, I have just not gotten around to buying any yet. For a medium priced Tequila, it is pretty good.

I have also had El Tesoro Platinum and that was pretty good as well.

I love seeing Tequila collections!
[Reply]
Parshooter 03:51 PM 06-10-2010
That Don Julio 1942 is some awsome stuff!
[Reply]
gvarsity 05:32 PM 06-10-2010
One of my favorite recent drinks has been 30-30 with juice of 1/4-1/2 of a lime over ice. Since it has no sweetness in it doesn't really taste much like a margarita. Just a nice refreshing sipping drink.
[Reply]
CigarNut 10:07 PM 06-10-2010
The Corzo is OK -- but I prefer Cazadores much more than Corzo. The Asombroso Rosa is good -- especially since it is so different from other tequilas. The Patron XO Cafe is perfect over shaved or crushed ice!
[Reply]
icehog3 11:13 PM 06-10-2010
Half a bottle of Patron after the Hawks game last night...I felt suprisingly good today. :-)
[Reply]
Parshooter 10:01 AM 06-11-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Half a bottle of Patron after the Hawks game last night...I felt suprisingly good today. :-)
AFTER the game? How much did you drink during the game? :-)
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 10:56 AM 06-11-2010
Originally Posted by CigarNut:
The Corzo is OK -- but I prefer Cazadores much more than Corzo.
Cazadores is a solid product at a great price. Very popular in Mexico and the 1L bottles (some much bigger) make Cazadores a good choice for those who drink Tequila regularly.
[Reply]
icehog3 01:04 PM 06-11-2010
Originally Posted by Parshooter:
AFTER the game? How much did you drink during the game? :-)
The other half. :-)
[Reply]
SmokinApe 07:25 AM 06-12-2010
Have been on a bourbon kick lately, after reading through the thread I think I am gonna have a glass of Don Eduardo tonight!
[Reply]
JohnnyFlake 01:56 PM 06-12-2010
Originally Posted by SmokinApe:
Have been on a bourbon kick lately, after reading through the thread I think I am gonna have a glass of Don Eduardo tonight!
Don Eduardo Blanco is in my Top 5 Blanco Tequilas. Upon the first sip, it explodes with an array of rich agave flavors!
[Reply]
SmokinApe 05:39 PM 06-12-2010
Originally Posted by JohnnyFlake:
Don Eduardo Blanco is in my Top 5 Blanco Tequilas. Upon the first sip, it explodes with an array of rich agave flavors!
I am right there with you... it is the best blanco that I have tried, and I have tried allot...
[Reply]
yourchoice 05:02 PM 08-25-2010
What a great thread!

Like many, I had more than my share of bad tequilas in my 20's but have now recovered. :-) I have enjoyed Patron Silver a lot and thought Cabo Wabo Resposado was pretty good. They are the only two "better" tequilas I've had since my recovery. :-) I made it a point to look for Casa Noble Crystal at my local liquor store today but they didn't have it. Surprisingly, not a very good selection actually, whereas otherwise they have a great selection of spirits/wines/beer. I hope to find it soon!

Really, I just wanted to bump this fine thread. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
JohnnyFlake 05:53 PM 08-25-2010
Originally Posted by yourchoice:
What a great thread!

Like many, I had more than my share of bad tequilas in my 20's but have now recovered. :-) I have enjoyed Patron Silver a lot and thought Cabo Wabo Resposado was pretty good. They are the only two "better" tequilas I've had since my recovery. :-) I made it a point to look for Casa Noble Crystal at my local liquor store today but they didn't have it. Surprisingly, not a very good selection actually, whereas otherwise they have a great selection of spirits/wines/beer. I hope to find it soon!

Really, I just wanted to bump this fine thread. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
Your bump was a good idea, this thread needed to be awakened from the dead!

Casa Noble Crystal is worth the search, it's amazing and not too highly priced. In the mean time, don't hesitate to try either Don Julio or Don Eduardo, both very, very good/excellent!
[Reply]
thebayratt 06:09 PM 08-25-2010
I had a few shots of a tequila a few weeks ago and can not remember the name. Hopefully one of you can.
The bottle looked like a "I dream of Genie" lamp. A small ball as a base with a tall very slender neck (about 6-8"). It was _____ Azul maybe??

Help? I want some more!!!
[Reply]
JDTexan 06:25 PM 08-25-2010
Originally Posted by thebayratt:
I had a few shots of a tequila a few weeks ago and can not remember the name. Hopefully one of you can.
The bottle looked like a "I dream of Genie" lamp. A small ball as a base with a tall very slender neck (about 6-8"). It was _____ Azul maybe??

Help? I want some more!!!
It is called Casa Azul.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 14
« First < 789 1011 > Last »
Up