Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 203 of 350
« First < 103153193201202203 204205213253303 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3
PeteSB75 06:31 AM 05-25-2010
Chest and arms this morning, doing a little volume work. Bench, pushups, 21s and dips. Spin tomorrow.
Mugen910 06:38 AM 05-25-2010
Originally Posted by PeteSB75:
Chest and arms this morning, doing a little volume work. Bench, pushups, 21s and dips. Spin tomorrow.
21s?
PeteSB75 08:07 AM 05-25-2010
Originally Posted by Mugen910:
21s?
Bicep exercise, three sets of curls done in succession, 7 reps each, doing bottom half, top half, then full curl. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fqu_rEnfbPU
icehog3 10:00 AM 05-25-2010
Soon as I get back, I get an Upper Respiratory Infection. I can't win. :-)
PeteSB75 10:03 AM 05-25-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
:-) Maybe your body is telling you that you really need an extended rest?
Mugen910 10:03 AM 05-25-2010
Bicep exercise, three sets of curls done in succession, 7 reps each, doing bottom half, top half, then full curl. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fqu_rEnfbPU
:-)
Originally Posted by icehog3:
icehog3 10:33 AM 05-25-2010
:-) Maybe your body is telling you that you really need an extended rest?
Nah, just that stupid pre-summer cold that I get maybe 2 out of every 3 Mays. I should be back in the gym tomorrow, and hopefully on the ice Thursday, Pete. :-)
Mugen910 08:58 PM 05-25-2010
Chest (flat bench, DB flat bench, used the seat on the dip machine to push down)
Back (Cable pull above my head, from below my waist, and seated rows.)

Hope you feel better Tom.
MarkinAZ 09:50 PM 05-25-2010
Back (Cable pull above my head, from below my waist, and seated rows.)
I enjoyed this one in the past, but sitting on the floor, back at a 90* angle, and pulling straight towards my chest. Always feel great after going through a few sets of these...
GreekGodX 06:30 AM 05-26-2010
Originally Posted by GreekGodX:
I finally figured out the secret of the lifting straps :-)

:-) what is it?
I was putting the straps over the bar. I tried going underneath the bar and viola! easy lifting.
Patrick B 06:36 AM 05-26-2010
Yep, hands over and straps under, Einstein. LOL

Been hitting it pretty hard lately myself. Moderate lifting and more time on the elliptical than I care to remember. Diet all week is egg whites, skim milk, chicken, complex carbs, and thats about it. Been eating pretty much what I want on the weekends but still dropping some pounds and getting stronger at the same time. Finally got under 260 last Friday (had to take my shoes off, though :-)). I was at 295 in September when I started back to the gym after 10 years away, and still 280 in Feb. when I kicked up the diet a notch. Looking for 225 by the end of the year. Slow and steady wins the race...
Mugen910 07:18 AM 05-26-2010
Originally Posted by MarkinCA:
I enjoyed this one in the past, but sitting on the floor, back at a 90* angle, and pulling straight towards my chest. Always feel great after going through a few sets of these...
Tis one of my favorite exercises.

Originally Posted by GreekGodX:
I was putting the straps over the bar. I tried going underneath the bar and viola! easy lifting.

Originally Posted by Patrick B:
Been hitting it pretty hard lately myself. Moderate lifting and more time on the elliptical than I care to remember. Diet all week is egg whites, skim milk, chicken, complex carbs, and thats about it. Been eating pretty much what I want on the weekends but still dropping some pounds and getting stronger at the same time. Finally got under 260 last Friday (had to take my shoes off, though :-)). I was at 295 in September when I started back to the gym after 10 years away, and still 280 in Feb. when I kicked up the diet a notch. Looking for 225 by the end of the year. Slow and steady wins the race...
This is the biggest struggle for me but the last few weeks I've been good with my food intake and making the healthier choices. Not always healthy but just healthier. :-) Dinner usually consists of either BBQd steak or chicken and some sort of veggie, which in my case means corn or asparagus.
PeteSB75 08:43 AM 05-26-2010
Originally Posted by Patrick B:
Yep, hands over and straps under, Einstein. LOL

I've found pretty good success cutting fat recently with avoiding refined sugar, white flour and white rice. I still eat all kinds of whole grain flour, as well as brown and wild rice. Sugar is in far more things than you would think possible. Almost as many as corn.

Oh, and I went to spin this morning. Exciting :-)
Mugen910 09:27 AM 05-26-2010

I've found pretty good success cutting fat recently with avoiding refined sugar, white flour and white rice. I still eat all kinds of whole grain flour, as well as brown and wild rice. Sugar is in far more things than you would think possible. Almost as many as corn.

Oh, and I went to spin this morning. Exciting :-)
having trouble cutting out white rice :-)
PeteSB75 10:00 AM 05-26-2010
having trouble cutting out white rice :-)
Use brown rice instead. Might be able to get away with Basmati, but that's questionable.
Mugen910 10:04 AM 05-26-2010
Use brown rice instead. Might be able to get away with Basmati, but that's questionable.
not the same for me...the best I've done so far is cut down my portion to a little less than small bowl with dinner.
BigFrank 02:19 PM 05-26-2010
cous cous is also decent
MarkinAZ 02:31 PM 05-26-2010
Originally Posted by BigFrank:
cous cous is also decent
:-) Especially with grilled Salmon...I know this isn't the food thread, but couldn't resist....

Tripp 02:34 PM 05-26-2010
cous cous is also decent
try quinoa
PeteSB75 03:08 PM 05-26-2010
cous cous is also decent
Originally Posted by Tripp:
try quinoa
cous cous I can do, especially with some cilantro and garlic and just a touch of olive oil, it's delicious. Quinoa is completely flavorless. Unless I'm loading it with cheese or something else to give it some favor, I don't really like it. Either eay, wild rice with mushrooms is one of my favorites. And if I can add some sausage in as well, I'm in heaven.
Page 203 of 350
« First < 103153193201202203 204205213253303 > Last »
Up