Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 69
1 231151 > Last »
Discussion>Latest Pipe-Related Purchase Thread
DrDubzz 11:01 PM 02-24-2009
I didn't realize we didn't have one of these.

Be it baccy or a new pipe, or some other pipe related item, post up what you got. Pictures never hurt either

I just placed a modest order from our friends at Pipesandcigars.com

picked up a half-priced 1lb bag of CAO Sweet Vanilla Honeydew

8oz of Anniversary Kake, 8oz of Butternut Burley, and 1 50g tin of Dan Blue Note

:-) can't wait for it to arrive
[Reply]
Nick 12:18 AM 02-25-2009
I am eyeing a Stanwell right now. My mind is telling me know but my body is telling me yes. UGGGHHHHH, maybe tomorrow I'll make a decision.
[Reply]
DrDubzz 12:26 AM 02-25-2009
oh just get it :-)

I'm keeping my eye on the boswell site. I talked to them yesterday, and JM is making some pokers in the near future, and I've asked him to approximate one he made a while back. I hope makes, and I get it in time. I need a good poker shape, for not too much coin. His will cost around 100, which is doable, most artisan type pipes are just a bit too much for me to handle
[Reply]
Spearl 01:16 AM 02-25-2009
Waiting on a 4noggins bulk order: 8 oz Down by the River, 4 oz Covered Bridges, 4 oz Weybridge. Just received an order from RYOcigarette: 3 50g tins SG Golden Glow and a no-name Italian bent billiard.
[Reply]
Professor Mike 10:41 AM 02-25-2009
I recently picked up a couple of tins of Dan's DaVinci, a pound of a special blend from my local B&M(straight cavendish,black cavendish and burley cavendish). Ordered two tins of Irish Flake. Also picked up four ozs of bulk Blue Note,Devil's Holidayand Sweet HoneyDew.

Prof. Mike:-)
[Reply]
Slow Triathlete 12:56 PM 02-25-2009
My new Mastro de Paja billiard. She's a sweet smoker!! I have had a few bowls of Hearth & Home's AJ's VaPer in her so far. She might get dedicated to that blend.
Attached: Mastro.jpg (29.2 KB) 
[Reply]
morefifemusic 01:19 PM 02-25-2009
My Feb. pipesandcigars.com order. Image
[Reply]
Nick 08:44 PM 02-25-2009
Damn it RX you are not a very good influence on me. Ok I bit the bullet and will pay for it later but here is the little Stannie I bought. It just wouldn't leave me alone, it was haunting my dreams. And I picked up an 8 oz. tin of Pease Piccadilly. I'm planning on picking up a fairly big order of tobacco before SCHIP also.

It's stubby at less than 5 inches long.
[Reply]
Savvy 09:10 PM 02-25-2009
Originally Posted by Nick:
Damn it RX you are not a very good influence on me. Ok I bit the bullet and will pay for it later but here is the little Stannie I bought. It just wouldn't leave me alone, it was haunting my dreams. And I picked up an 8 oz. tin of Pease Piccadilly. I'm planning on picking up a fairly big order of tobacco before SCHIP also.

It's stubby at less than 5 inches long.

I love the 191 shape in the Stanwell line too. It'll probably be my next pipe, somewhere down the line. Either that or a Boswell...or me knowing myself, I'll probably get both...
[Reply]
DrDubzz 09:42 PM 02-25-2009
1 each of the following:

Rotary: Luxury Navy Cut 50g
Troost: Special Cavendish 50g (1.75 oz)
A & C Petersen: Escudo Navy Deluxe 50g
McClelland: Royal Cajun Special 50g
McClelland: Beacon 50g
Orlik: Golden Sliced 50g

Only had the escudo before, should be fun to try them all :-)
[Reply]
Big D KC 09:54 AM 02-26-2009
Cool lookin stubby Nick! Haven't ever seen that one before! Do me a favor and be sure to take some pics that show proportions for me when it comes in!!

As for my purchases as of late I had to cut it off after the large bulk order. I got quite a few pipes in rotation now, and a nice stock of tobacco. Plus I find myself coming to a nice balance with pipes and cigars now that the newness has worn of off the pipe slope! Which is nice, I like haveing the choice and variety! Yardwork and working in the garage tends to lend itself more to smoking a big ol stogie for me..
[Reply]
Nick 02:16 PM 02-26-2009
I will definitely post some picks of it in my hand. It's a Stanwell Majestic 191. I think I will really like it, I found myself going back to it and day after day a few times a day; it wouldn't leave me alone!!!!!!
[Reply]
DrDubzz 07:37 PM 03-10-2009
I got my beautiful Boswell pipe, plus an ounce of Boswell's Best in today

and I just placed this order and P&C
Peter Stokkebye Bulk bptps31 4 1.86
Luxury Twist Flake
(ounces)
Lane Limited - BCA (by bptlan05 8 1.38
the ounce)

now another waiting period begins
[Reply]
DrDubzz 08:13 PM 03-12-2009
not an actual purchase, but I procured another tin of Dunhill Light Flake today, I now have 3 in the cellar :-)
[Reply]
GreekGodX 09:30 PM 03-12-2009
Placed an order today pipesandcigars.com
16oz Anni Kake
16oz Virginia SPICE!
8oz AJ's VaPer
1 tin Escudo
2 tins SG St. James Flake

Anyone see a trend here? other then the spice lol
[Reply]
DrDubzz 09:36 PM 03-12-2009
great order, can never have too much Anni Kake
[Reply]
GreekGodX 10:22 PM 03-12-2009
Originally Posted by RX2010:
great order, can never have too much Anni Kake
:-) agreed! It is all I want to smoke..
[Reply]
DrDubzz 10:31 PM 03-12-2009
Originally Posted by GreekGodX:
:-) agreed! It is all I want to smoke..
I have about 10 ounces in my possession, I'd like to get a couple pound for long term storage, it's just so gooooood
[Reply]
Ollie 08:02 PM 03-14-2009
Began my pipe journey today. Ordered 3 cobs; tins of Escudo, FVF, and Westminster (planning on picking up some CH and AP locally); plus some accessories. :-)

My want list was much longer, but I figured this was enough to determine if the pipe is a right fit for me...
[Reply]
morefifemusic 08:00 AM 03-15-2009
Originally Posted by Ollie:
Began my pipe journey today. Ordered 3 cobs; tins of Escudo, FVF, and Westminster (planning on picking up some CH and AP locally); plus some accessories. :-)

My want list was much longer, but I figured this was enough to determine if the pipe is a right fit for me...
Welcome! You picked some VERY good tobaccys for a first timer. While you are judging if it is for you, have patience while you figure out how to light and sip from the pipe.

Even though it is an English, I would recommend starting out trying the Westminster out of those three as FVF is in flake form and the Escudo is in sliced disks, they are a little harder to figure out how to fill the pipe with for someone starting out.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 69
1 231151 > Last »
Up