Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Smoking in your vehicle
Texan in Mexico 11:10 PM 10-16-2008
Great ideas there Mark - I am fortunate in that not many people other than the GF ride with me but I do keep a bottle of Febreeze in the car just to keep our relationship in harmony...
[Reply]
Cigary 11:17 PM 10-16-2008
that all sounds like too much work for me so I think I will just go to the B&M and smoke them out for sure.
[Reply]
Sailchaser 11:38 PM 10-16-2008
I just throw a solid airwick for oders in the back cup holder in the van and it always smells sweeet:-)
[Reply]
Jay Hemingway 09:18 AM 10-17-2008
no smoking in the WRX for me fellas. i just can't do it.
[Reply]
tedrodgerscpa 12:48 PM 10-17-2008
Originally Posted by ucubed:
I know...but I still have that new car smell and I don't want to use chemicals quite yet...I take care of the leather interior =P...it's not a big deal, I can wait what the half hour drive back home to smoke...and those endeavor from Gainesville to Orlando I prefer not to have the windows open at 90MPH
Holy Sweet Mother of Moses!!! Slow down!!!
[Reply]
G G 11:38 AM 10-18-2008
Thanks for the info.:-)
[Reply]
DWCR_Bob 12:00 PM 10-18-2008
I used to commute 175 miles a day (some of you drive more I know) and got really caught up in keeping the car fresh. Now I drive a beater 6 miles to work and it smells like an ashtray! But what a terrific ashtray.
[Reply]
duckmanco 04:19 PM 10-18-2008
I drive a company car for work, and before I was given this latest car, I used to smoke in the old car, but after living with that car and the stale smell for as while, I couldn't deal with it, it just smells. Its not even my own vehicle and I won't do it. Pathetic I know, but I applaud those that go for it. Soon enough, its soon to be the only place you can.
[Reply]
LasciviousXXX 05:21 PM 10-18-2008
MoTheMan uses something in his car to keep the smell out and I was so impressed with it. Can't remember at the moment what exactly it is but when I first got in his car I assumed he didn't smoke cigars in it as you couldn't smell a thing!
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 06:41 PM 10-18-2008
Originally Posted by LasciviousXXX:
MoTheMan uses something in his car to keep the smell out and I was so impressed with it. Can't remember at the moment what exactly it is but when I first got in his car I assumed he didn't smoke cigars in it as you couldn't smell a thing!
Same goes with me, when I use it. I use a product called Pure Ayre. It's amazing stuff!
[Reply]
HK3- 07:50 PM 10-18-2008
I gotta laugh at this.... I drive a hoop so I dont give a damn what happens to it! It's a piece................. :-)
[Reply]
schnell987 08:55 PM 10-18-2008
Thanks for the tip on Pure Ayre. Just ordered a bottle to try it out. Hey, if it works well enough, I won't have to keep the top off the car when I smoke in the cold. :-)
[Reply]
massphatness 08:56 PM 10-18-2008
I keep a bottle of Fabreeze under the seat.
[Reply]
icehog3 11:45 PM 10-18-2008
Originally Posted by massphatness:
I keep a bottle of Fabreeze under the seat.
You gotta spray some of it once in awhile, Vin, just having it under the seat won't work.

:-) :-)
[Reply]
webjunkie 02:44 AM 10-19-2008
Normally it's not a problem since the wife rarely uses my car. I did leave a cigar butt in the ashtray when I was running late for class and I parked in the sun. Stunk to high heaven. Sprayed the seats with febreeze and put a couple of boxes of baking soda in the car. Now the wife has no idea that the car has been smoked in and a friend commented that it smelled "like a car," which I guess is encouraging.
[Reply]
AriesOpusX 11:37 AM 10-19-2008
Thanks for the tips Mark. I already have the rain guards so this will be an easy project for me.
[Reply]
Gargoyle 12:45 PM 10-19-2008
I use one of those car ionizers that you plug into the cigarette lighter... it is similar to the Csonka smoker cloaker. It works well, but you do need to augment it with the fabreeze and other treatments.
[Reply]
Hardcz 06:13 AM 10-20-2008
Very cool, I do the same in my truck...it's just a 2 seater s-10 SS..yes... SUPER SPORT!!! Anyways.... those rain guards rule, found the same about having the air on the feet on high, if you look at the smoke it will circulate through the cabin if it's on the face level, but on feet it sucks it out of the window almost immediately, even when at a stop light. I have had the bastage ash on me a few times, but hell, you take risks smoking in there....and yea...when you go to change the radio station, make sure to keep the lit end away from the display...or you might end up with some fancy designs on it, I read something about plastic not liking hot embers. I usually just keep 2-3 air fresheners in there, but gonna look into some suggestions here as well.
[Reply]
ucla695 01:21 PM 10-22-2008
Thanks for the tips Mark. It took weeks to remove the stench from my car the last time I smoked in it (about two or three years ago). After that, it was no go. I’ll give these a try. Hmmm, maybe now I won’t have to buy a smoking car. :-)
[Reply]
Redbaron 01:29 PM 10-22-2008
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Those Bobken ashtrays are the shiznit, Mark! :-)

Hoping to pick mine up this weekend! :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up