Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 64 of 199
« First < 1454626364 656674114164 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>The Bourbon Thread!!
Col. Kurtz 02:55 PM 12-28-2012
Cracked an old bottle of Maker's I have had a while to remember what it tasted like. It appears I like Bourbon......and naps. Cheers!
[Reply]
DennisP 05:01 PM 12-28-2012
Originally Posted by Robulous78:
Ok Bourbon Banterer's...

So today when I was picking up another handle of Maker's Mark I asked the local ABC's shopkeeper about other Bourbons, Specifically the Buffalo Trace because I have heard a lot about it from others... He said not to waste my money... Anyone agree with that?

My next question would be if you were looking for a Bourbon with similar "Burn" "warmth" and "bite" to Maker's Mark, what would you suggest? What if you were trying to keep it affordable (under 50.00)?

The guy did say Woodford is probably the best bet, but with the price tag, It might be a while before I get around to that one...
I like Buffalo Trace, definitely worth a try and a good price.

For similar to Maker's I'd look at W.L Weller. I like the 107.

I like Woodford a lot as well although probably not my favorite. Although I probably couldn't choose just one.
[Reply]
MurphysLaw 05:21 PM 12-28-2012
It's Four Roses single barrel for me tonight, I highly recommend grabbing a bottle if you haven't tried it yet.
[Reply]
big a 11:16 PM 12-28-2012
I have been drinking Jim beam black for the past month or two as my go to and really enjoy it.
[Reply]
Angry_Pirate 08:08 PM 12-30-2012
Did a Bourbon tasting in Louisville and the Willet's Single Barrel Bourbon was amazing! I didn't care for Larceny though, I may have found a new hobby! Any suggestions on bourbons similar to Willets?
[Reply]
Col. Kurtz 09:35 PM 12-30-2012
Originally Posted by Angry_Pirate:
Did a Bourbon tasting in Louisville and the Willet's Single Barrel Bourbon was amazing! I didn't care for Larceny though, I may have found a new hobby! Any suggestions on bourbons similar to Willets?
Not a fan of larceny either. Is there a bourbon asylum?
[Reply]
yourchoice 06:07 AM 12-31-2012
Originally Posted by Col. Kurtz:
Not a fan of larceny either. Is there a bourbon asylum?
Kinda! Straightbourbon forums

Haven't logged on in a while, but lots off of and discussion.
[Reply]
never_enough 08:11 AM 12-31-2012
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
Had my first experience with bourbon last night:
Damn, I see this becoming a go to.
Welcome to the tasty side:-) You picked a good one to start with
[Reply]
Col. Kurtz 08:56 AM 12-31-2012
Originally Posted by yourchoice:
Kinda! Straightbourbon forums

Haven't logged on in a while, but lots off of and discussion.

Thanks Joel !
[Reply]
Montano 09:02 AM 12-31-2012
Originally Posted by Col. Kurtz:
Is there a bourbon asylum?
Does my house count ? :-):-)
[Reply]
DaBear 04:32 PM 12-31-2012
Almost bought a bottle of the Eagle Rare 17 while back home, but my wallet told me to cool it(it has other plans for that money). Ended up grabbing some Angels Envy. :-) Just had me a glass and have thus decided it will be a bottle I WON'T be sharing at the shop.

Oh, and for Christmas my sister "infused" a bottle of Makers with bacon. Tried some neat, not bad, but definitely is a mixing liquor. The bacon is strong with that one. And she candied and chocolate coated the bacon she used in the process :-)
[Reply]
Robulous78 10:52 AM 01-02-2013
IDK if this counts but I had a guest traveling on new years that works for the Dickel distilleries, he hooked up a a fifth of Black Label and a Fifth of White Label for a decent rate on a room, got into the Black Label No. 8, Pretty good but I am told the White Label is better...
[Reply]
Robulous78 10:53 AM 01-02-2013
Originally Posted by DaBear:
Almost bought a bottle of the Eagle Rare 17 while back home, but my wallet told me to cool it(it has other plans for that money). Ended up grabbing some Angels Envy. :-) Just had me a glass and have thus decided it will be a bottle I WON'T be sharing at the shop.

Oh, and for Christmas my sister "infused" a bottle of Makers with bacon. Tried some neat, not bad, but definitely is a mixing liquor. The bacon is strong with that one. And she candied and chocolate coated the bacon she used in the process :-)
Can you tell us any more about this process Bear? I love Maker's and wouldn't mind giving this a shot...
[Reply]
irratebass 11:18 AM 01-02-2013
Not sure what side of town you are on, but in Avon there is a Crown's Liquor (which is conveniently located next to the shop) has a great selection of bourbons.....try the Four Roses, can get a fifth for about $22

Originally Posted by DaBear:
Boss at the shop go a hold of some Angles Envy and was passing it out at the Christmas party, it's not available here yet, but he said he was working on getting it into the shop.....good and smooth.

Originally Posted by Robulous78:
IDK if this counts but I had a guest traveling on new years that works for the Dickel distilleries, he hooked up a a fifth of Black Label and a Fifth of White Label for a decent rate on a room, got into the Black Label No. 8, Pretty good but I am told the White Label is better...
Man I haven't had Dickel since 2005 maybe, if I remember it's pretty good stuff.

For Christmas I got:

Crown Royal with Glasses

Crown Royal Reserve

Gentleman Jack with glasses
[Reply]
Angry_Pirate 12:55 PM 01-02-2013
Thanks Mickey! The wife and I stopped by The party source in Kentucky I wish I would've got some of the small sample bottles. Maybe next time. I'll try some of the stores in Castleton.
[Reply]
irratebass 01:12 PM 01-02-2013
Thanks Mickey! The wife and I stopped by The party source in Kentucky I wish I would've got some of the small sample bottles. Maybe next time. I'll try some of the stores in Castleton.
I picked up 3 sample bottles of Balviene for $17!!!! I <3 the Party Source :-)
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 06:50 AM 01-11-2013
Picked up this bottle recently, not even in the same league as Woodford. I think Four Roses will be my next attempt:
[Reply]
awsmith4 08:28 PM 01-12-2013
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
Picked up this bottle recently, not even in the same league as Woodford. I think Four Roses will be my next attempt:
Really? Black Maple Hill is one of my favorites. I just finished my bottle last week and have been missing it.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 05:20 AM 01-14-2013
Originally Posted by awsmith4:
Really? Black Maple Hill is one of my favorites. I just finished my bottle last week and have been missing it.
Ill have to give it another try, it had soo much more burn than the Woodford.

I grabbed this cheap bottle this weekend, they didn't have any Four Roses:
And tried this sampler:
Killed my Woodford, that is a sad moment:
[Reply]
awsmith4 08:41 AM 01-14-2013
Elijah Craig 12 is one of my favorites, I actually prefer it to the 18.
[Reply]
Page 64 of 199
« First < 1454626364 656674114164 > Last »
Up