Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 60 of 198
« First < 1050585960 616270110160 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>The Bourbon Thread!!
awsmith4 11:06 PM 05-02-2012
Originally Posted by pnoon:
My pleasure, Mark. Corner Creek is a sleeper for sure.
Based on your recommendation I picked some up earlier this month for my Dad's birthday. Fantastic bourbon that we all enjoyed thoroughly and I will be buying it again.
[Reply]
pnoon 11:07 PM 05-02-2012
Originally Posted by awsmith4:
Based on your recommendation I picked some up earlier this month for my Dad's birthday. Fantastic bourbon that we all enjoyed thoroughly and I will be buying it again.
That's great to hear, Albert. Glad you and your Dad enjoyed it.
[Reply]
BigAsh 12:01 AM 05-04-2012
Officially NOT going to look in this thread anymore....now I gotta find Corner Creek....

:-)
[Reply]
SvilleKid 10:50 PM 07-03-2012
I've worked the Woodford Reserve Double Oak down to maybe 3 sittings. I'll probably finish it off this weekend. I'd finish it on the 4th, but I won't be at home, and the friends we will be spending the holiday with will have lots of family over that do not drink, so I'll hold the finish over for a few days.

This leaves the question of what to open next. I'm leaning towards the Woodford Reserve Master's collection Rye from this year. That way, if I really like it, I can look for some more before it disappears for good off the shelves!
[Reply]
LockOut 02:57 PM 07-04-2012
found a bottle of Woodford Reserve Sanoma Cutler buried on a shelf today. Super Stocked. Only missing the original masters now.
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 12:22 AM 07-27-2012
Hey,

I was out in the field today in Glendale, CA and decided to stop by this fairly nice looking liquor store after completing my last inspection.

Checking out the bourbon section of their good stuff located behind the cash register, I noticed there was two bottles of George T. Stagg,
71.5% abv/143 proof. The price per bottle is $124.99.

I know there was some interest in this brand and some of you where a wishing. If you're interested, shoot me a PM and I'll give you the local telephone number and name for this liquor store located in Glendale, CA... :-)
[Reply]
SvilleKid 04:03 PM 07-27-2012
Originally Posted by LockOut:
found a bottle of Woodford Reserve Sanoma Cutler buried on a shelf today. Super Stocked. Only missing the original masters now.
Good luck on that!!! I'd buy ALL the Four Grain that you found, personally!! I still think the Four Grain and the Sweet Mash were the best, by far! But.... I haven't cracked open the Rye offering from last year. I didn't really care for the Sanoma Cutler, and really didn't care for the Maple Wood Finish from 2 years ago. Ended up drinking the Cutler, but gave the almost full bottle of Maple Wood Finish away to my son.

There was a small store in downtown Gatlinburg, Tennessee that was off River Road (vs Main Street). The owner had half a dozen bottles at home in his personal stash. I'd tried to talk him out of one a couple years ago, but no luck. Then, last year, the property owner sold out, they tore down the small retail center and the fronting property on Main Street, and were in process of some big project. I have no idea where the store went, or even if it re-opened anywhere. Which is a shame, cause I feel sure I could have talked him out of one bottle (with a decent high offer). I paid right at $100 per bottle on the three I originally purchased. Wish I'd put one back, now!

But, seriously, if you run across several bottles, and don't want them all, I'd be very interested in acquiring one or more of the Four Grain!!
[Reply]
Savor the Stick 03:37 PM 08-03-2012
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Don't forget Corner Creek.
Originally Posted by MarkinCA:
Poured myself 2 fingers of Corner Creek Bourbon tonight and floated a nice size ice cube in it. I think that added a bit more sweetness and smoothness to this brand. Drinking it neet, the bourbon has more depth and density. Really enjoying this bourbon. Thanks again to Peter (Pnoon) for turning me on to this brand:-)

Thanks Pete and Mark!.....:-)

I picked up a bottle of Corner Creek today. I'll try a couple of fingers tonight.

And 3 weeks ago I picked up a bottle of Old Forester Signature..I've had about 3 fingers out of it...Straight...meh. ice cube...boom really opens up the bouquet- vanilla caramel, very smooth.

Thanks Fellas!

[Reply]
LockOut 08:07 PM 08-10-2012
gottle a little bored today, so i made a spread sheet of my bourbon collection. i think i have a wee bit to much.
[Reply]
hammondc 08:38 PM 08-10-2012
Originally Posted by LockOut:
gottle a little bored today, so i made a spread sheet of my bourbon collection. i think i have a wee bit to much.
OK...let's see it.
[Reply]
LockOut 08:49 PM 08-10-2012
this is just whats full/open, haven't done a list of killed or others that i tried and didn't like. Spreadsheet is larger with prices and quantities, but i cant get it to format right here, so heres a quick list.

Booze Selecion

Bottle
PVW 15
PVW 20
PVW Rye
PVW Lot B
PVW 23 Decanter
Makers Mark 1.75
Makers Mark Mint Julep
Buffalo trace SB
Makers Mark Holiday 2010
Makers Mark 46
Parkers Heritage Golden Anniversary
Old Bardstown
Russel Rye 6 year
Kentucky Vintage
Jameson 750ml
Jameson Black 1l
Willet SB
Angel's Envy
Elijah Craig 12
Elijah Craig 18
Old Pouge
Basil Haydens
Bookers
Knob Creek SB
Jesse James
WL Weller 12y
Woodford Normal
woodford Double Oak
Woodfoord Masters Sweet Mash
Woodford Masters Maple
Woodford Masters Sonoma cutrer
Woodford Masters Rye
Wathens
Black Maple Hill
Willet 4 year Rye
Jack Daniels 3L
William Larue Weller (2011)
George T Stagg (2011)
Thomas H Handy (2011)
Jack Daniels Holiday SB (2011)
Jack Daniels SB
Jack Daniels 1914 Gold Medal
Noah Mills
Jim Beam Devils cut
Blanton's
[Reply]
DaBear 10:05 PM 08-14-2012
The drool won't stop! :-) :-) :-)

My wee little collection as of right now only has:
Woodford Reserve
Woodford Reserve Kentucky Derby Edition 137(last years bottle, stumbled upon in in an ABC in FL)
Buffalo Trace Single Oak Project Barrel 78

It'll end up expanding in the near future though
[Reply]
LockOut 04:23 PM 08-20-2012
Originally Posted by DaBear:
The drool won't stop! :-) :-) :-)

My wee little collection as of right now only has:
Woodford Reserve
Woodford Reserve Kentucky Derby Edition 137(last years bottle, stumbled upon in in an ABC in FL)
Buffalo Trace Single Oak Project Barrel 78

It'll end up expanding in the near future though
If your ever in the space coast area of FL again let me know, you ca stop by for a sampling and a cigar.
[Reply]
SvilleKid 06:41 PM 08-20-2012
There is a new stop on the Bourbon Trail. Town Creek Bourbon. Small batch distiller. Haven't seen it anywhere, Better keep my eyes open!! Anyone here had Town Breek?
[Reply]
macsauce13 10:26 AM 08-23-2012
Do you mean Town Branch? I haven't heard of Town Creek.
[Reply]
jakesmokes 10:48 AM 08-23-2012
Has anyone tried the Breaking and Entering bourbon? I am not much of a bourbon fan.. but I liked it better than the woodford. The B&E Bourbon is made here in California in Alameda with, supposedly, vintage casks acquired from Kentucky.
[Reply]
pektel 10:58 AM 08-23-2012
My bourbon collection disappeared last night. By "collection" I mean the last part of a bottle of Bulleit Rye. LOVE this stuff. Weird thing was, I did not feel the least bit intoxicated, and I probably drank a little under a quarter of a bottle. :-)
[Reply]
SvilleKid 12:06 PM 08-23-2012
Originally Posted by macsauce13:
Do you mean Town Branch? I haven't heard of Town Creek.
That may very well be. I saw something on this, and put it in my phone's notes for future reference. It's entirely possible I put the wrong word inthe phone!!
[Reply]
macsauce13 06:01 PM 08-23-2012
No worries. Its made by Alltech, and is getting mixed reviews from what I hear. Certainly worth a try though :-)
[Reply]
SvilleKid 06:06 PM 08-23-2012
Originally Posted by macsauce13:
No worries. Its made by Alltech, and is getting mixed reviews from what I hear. Certainly worth a try though :-)
Oh yeah. It is always worth a try!!:-):-)
[Reply]
Page 60 of 198
« First < 1050585960 616270110160 > Last »
Up