Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 57 of 198
« First < 747555657 585967107157 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>The Bourbon Thread!!
SvilleKid 09:50 AM 01-26-2012
Originally Posted by Bill86:
Pretty good selection at McScrooges, prices are decent to a bit high. Better selection and prices in Nashville if you get that chance to drive a few hours away.

Nice score though, the Barrel Strength is good stuff :-)
I've got two open bottles of bourbon right now (Conecuh Ridge and Knob Creek single barrel), so I don't want to open the barrel strength Four Roses yet.

It's hard for me to think of McScrooges as on the high price, for no other reason than they are significantly lower than Alabama prices! I'm not disputing your assessment AT ALL! It's just the relative difference that makes it seem cheap to me!! I generally check out Thunder Road (a block from my wife's hotel) for competitiveness. But they have more wine, less beer and liquor than McScrooges.

As to Nashville, I've got a sister that works part time at a store near Lebanon. That gets me a 25% discount, but she is limited on how much she can buy at that discount, so I only tap that source a couple times a year, and then, usually for the higher priced goodies!
[Reply]
Ken 09:26 PM 02-04-2012
Some nights its Blantons and other it's $10 JTS Brown. And this is one of those nights.
[Reply]
Jonathan Drew 06:56 PM 02-06-2012
BOOKERS, Baby ...!
JD
[Reply]
LockOut 07:26 AM 02-12-2012
Found this tucked away in a locked case in the corner of a shop covered in dust. I never even saw it, the gf pointed it out to me knowing i like the pappy stuffs and she had never seen one of these. I think there was a whopping 45 seconds from the time I saw it until the time i paid for it. I still get butterflies thinking i finally got one, and at MSRP.

And last with my signed copy of the book.

[Reply]
groogs 09:55 PM 02-12-2012
Originally Posted by LockOut:
Found this tucked away in a locked case in the corner of a shop covered in dust. I never even saw it, the gf pointed it out to me knowing i like the pappy stuffs and she had never seen one of these. I think there was a whopping 45 seconds from the time I saw it until the time i paid for it. I still get butterflies thinking i finally got one, and at MSRP.

And last with my signed copy of the book.

AMAZING!!! I have been considering one at Ebay prices, so to find one at MSRP must be a dream come true. Congrats on the great find.
[Reply]
Frodo 10:29 PM 02-12-2012
Corner Creek for me tonight. Got it on offer so no regrets...
[Reply]
Doctorossi 10:43 PM 02-12-2012
Originally Posted by Jonathan Drew:
BOOKERS, Baby ...!
JD
:-)
[Reply]
J.Rawls 10:53 AM 02-13-2012
Drinking 2011 Thomas Handy,.........spicy awesomeness!
[Reply]
BnBTobacco 11:13 AM 02-13-2012
Bourbon FTW!!! I like bourbon overall in general, but my favorite would have to be Blanton's. A good Maker's Mark is a classic go-to and then when i'm feeling cheap, Evan Williams green or black.... hahaha
[Reply]
SvilleKid 04:17 PM 02-13-2012
I'm working my way through a bottle of Conecuh Creek Bourbon. Have a bottle of Four Roses Single Barrel, Barrel Strength that is pulling hard at me, wanting to be cracked open! Must resist.
[Reply]
LockOut 05:01 AM 02-14-2012
Originally Posted by SvilleKid:
I'm working my way through a bottle of Conecuh Creek Bourbon. Have a bottle of Four Roses Single Barrel, Barrel Strength that is pulling hard at me, wanting to be cracked open! Must resist.
which blend?
[Reply]
Fia 03:04 PM 02-14-2012
Great thread. I just dusted off a bottle of Blantons single barrel. Very enjoyable. Like the knob creek single barrel. Black maple hill was also good. Drooling over the pics of the old Rip Van Winkle 23 yrs!!! :-)
[Reply]
SvilleKid 05:17 PM 02-14-2012
Originally Posted by LockOut:
which blend?
Four Roses Single Barrel, barrel strength that was selected by a local Knoxville store, and bottled exclusively for them. They also have exclusive single barrel (but not barrel strength). Both were good (had tasting table), but the barrel strength just knocked me down with the flavor intensity!

I assume by "blend", you meant "recipe". This one is QESQ (20% Rye mashbill/floral yeast. Bottled 10/15/2010. The shop is McScrooge's, in the south part of Knoxville. Great selection of bourbons. BUT... Even better selection of Scotch (for those so inclined!)
[Reply]
maverickdrinker 09:44 PM 02-16-2012
been starting to get into bourbons/scotch. Picked up some Maker's Mark and Elijah Craig 12 year old to start. On my hit list is Blanton's, buffalo trace, Woodford, Evan Williams single barrel
[Reply]
macsauce13 06:56 AM 02-17-2012
My girlfriend got me a fifth of Baysil Hayden's for Valentines Day! I currently have Buffalo Trace, Bulleitt, Wild Turkey 101, Baysil Haydens, and a little Blanton's left.

I LOVVEEEE me some bourbon!
[Reply]
awsmith4 08:18 PM 03-01-2012
Bought some new bourbons

Old Charter - very light but smooth and at $9.99 the price is right

Breckenridge - a little hot but really good, glad I picked it up
[Reply]
SvilleKid 08:46 PM 03-01-2012
I've got several options tomorrow at Knoxville store. I noticed on my recon run yesterday that they have Clear Creek. However, they want $33.95 for a 750 ml bottle! Way more than Peter is able to get this for! They have Old Forester Birthday Bourbon for about the same price. Several nicer other brands that are single barrel for $49 and $59.

Will have to make some hard choices tomorrow (on way back to Bama). But, WILL be leaving with at least two bottles of something (one each of two different bourbons)
[Reply]
Theo Cincy 07:37 PM 03-06-2012
What a great find.
[Reply]
maverickdrinker 10:55 PM 03-12-2012
picked up some eagle's rare 10 to try tonight. So far, so good.
[Reply]
groogs 10:06 PM 03-24-2012
Does anyone know where I can get a bottle of Parkers Heritage Golden Anniversary? I can only find it one place online and their price is a little high.
[Reply]
Page 57 of 198
« First < 747555657 585967107157 > Last »
Up