Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 56 of 196
« First < 646545556 575866106156 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>The Bourbon Thread!!
Parshooter 08:01 AM 01-13-2012
Had a few Elmer T Lee's last night. Very good bourbon, wish they sold it here in Ohio.
[Reply]
groogs 03:54 PM 01-13-2012
I don't shop at bevmo much these days, but I had a gift card, so I figured I would see what they had. I walked by the bourbon case and there was a bottle of Pappy Van Winkle 15 year sitting there. I was suprised to see a bottle on the shelf this long after the release. I grabbed it and ran.:-)
[Reply]
Montano 04:04 PM 01-13-2012
Originally Posted by groogs:
I don't shop at bevmo much these days, but I had a gift card, so I figured I would see what they had. I walked by the bourbon case and there was a bottle of Pappy Van Winkle 15 year sitting there. I was suprised to see a bottle on the shelf this long after the release. I grabbed it and ran.:-)
Lucky Bastid !!!!!!
[Reply]
Ken 01:32 PM 01-24-2012
Originally Posted by SvilleKid:
It'd be nice to find another good sippin' quality bourbon for less than $60!!!
There's a ****-ton of them! One I just really enjoy for about $23 is the Four Roses Small Batch. Love the stuff.
[Reply]
kenstogie 07:58 AM 01-25-2012
I am no aficianado of the Bourbon but have had many of the ones mentioned here. Woodford, Eagle Rare, knob creek, makers mark etc and none were bad and I enjoyed them all but my goto is the Evan William Single barrel. Image
[Reply]
OLS 11:17 AM 01-25-2012
Picked up a bottle of it on my last haul due to various statements made here.
All I need to do is finish about three open bottles of various'es and I can find out
what the fuss is about. :-) I have some Rare Breed open and some Basil Hayden.
I think I mostly finished that B.H. at the kart races over Thanksgiving, so it shant
be long.
[Reply]
SvilleKid 11:27 AM 01-25-2012
Originally Posted by Ken:
There's a ****-ton of them! One I just really enjoy for about $23 is the Four Roses Small Batch. Love the stuff.
Yeah, well....... Got to have them available to buy them! Which is a no-go for most any decent bourbon in the state of Alabama! Our ABC board is especially retarded on the stuff they let in. And we are at least 1/3 higher on most costs! Example: I can buy a 375 ml bottle of irish cream at state store for $19.95. In Knoxville this past week, I purchased a 1.75 liter of same brand for $25.
[Reply]
76GTFan 11:42 AM 01-25-2012
Originally Posted by awsmith4:
Matt-N-GA pointed out to me that the WL Weller Special Reserve had be marked down to $9.99 a quite a few of our local stores, as a marketing ploy to gain interest. Well it worked for me, I had never tried it but this stuff is really good.
I have been buying that regularly for a while now. The 1.75's are 21.99 at my store.:-)
[Reply]
awsmith4 11:49 AM 01-25-2012
Originally Posted by 76GTFan:
I have been buying that regularly for a while now. The 1.75's are 21.99 at my store.:-)
I'll be on the lookout!
[Reply]
awsmith4 01:39 PM 01-25-2012
Originally Posted by 76GTFan:
I'll be on the lookout!
Not 2 hrs later this is posted on facebook, lol

Sprayberry Bottle Shop
Another great addition from the Buffalo Trace Distillery, W L Weller Kentucky Bourbon Whiskey aged 7 years in Barrels, 90proof, and the best part, check out the price. $9.99 for 750ml and $21.99 for 1.75L.

[Reply]
Ken 08:43 PM 01-25-2012
Yeah, well....... Got to have them available to buy them! .
Ah, yeah! Well as you stated you'll be down in Tenn so you'll have some time to pickup bottles you normally do not have on hand.
[Reply]
Jonathan Drew 09:09 PM 01-25-2012
Great Thread.

Bookers.
Stag.
Knob Creek 9 Reserve (clear sticker).

Best,
JD
[Reply]
awsmith4 09:57 PM 01-25-2012
Not 2 hrs later this is posted on facebook, lol

Sprayberry Bottle Shop
Another great addition from the Buffalo Trace Distillery, W L Weller Kentucky Bourbon Whiskey aged 7 years in Barrels, 90proof, and the best part, check out the price. $9.99 for 750ml and $21.99 for 1.75L.
Went to get the 1.75 and ended up with a bottle of Elmer T. Lee. Never tried it before now but it is very smooth bourbon.

Also at the bar after work before heading to the store I smoked a HU #2 while drinking Woodford
[Reply]
SvilleKid 10:37 PM 01-25-2012
Originally Posted by Ken:
Ah, yeah! Well as you stated you'll be down in Tenn so you'll have some time to pickup bottles you normally do not have on hand.
Oh, definitely!!! Picked up a bottle of Four Roses, Single Barrel, Barrel Strength last week. Bottled for the store I got it at (McScrooge). I've had their Four Roses, Single Barrel (not Barrel Strength) from last year, and it was good also. But they had about 12 bottles of different boozes there for sampling, including the two Four Roses bottled for them. The Barrel Strength had tremendous flavor benefits over the regular strength (which was also good, but seemed muted compared to the Barrel Strength). However, there was a good $30 difference in price!

Not a bourbon, but I also picked up a bottle of Talisker Distiller's Edition from 1992 that was sitting high up on a shelve (above the current 2002 version). Got it for the same price as the 2002!! Also picked up two handles of the real Irish Cream (not that malt beverage crap they pass off at the grocery stores!), plus a 1.75 l bottle of Andrews Long Island Tea mix (for my wife). It was a very successful trip. And the good news, that was just the first week of my wife's 13-week contract, so I'll be back in Knoxville several times over the next 3 months (or more, if her contract is extended). So I'll have several opportunities to refill my cabinet!
[Reply]
pnoon 10:40 PM 01-25-2012
Oh, definitely!!! Picked up a bottle of Four Roses, Single Barrel, Barrel Strength last week. Bottled for the store I got it at (McScrooge). I've had their Four Roses, Single Barrel (not Barrel Strength) from last year, and it was good also. But they had about 12 bottles of different boozes there for sampling, including the two Four Roses bottled for them. The Barrel Strength had tremendous flavor benefits over the regular strength (which was also good, but seemed muted compared to the Barrel Strength). However, there was a good $30 difference in price!

Not a bourbon, but I also picked up a bottle of Talisker Distiller's Edition from 1992 that was sitting high up on a shelve (above the current 2002 version). Got it for the same price as the 2002!! Also picked up two handles of the real Irish Cream (not that malt beverage crap they pass off at the grocery stores!), plus a 1.75 l bottle of Andrews Long Island Tea mix (for my wife). It was a very successful trip. And the good news, that was just the first week of my wife's 13-week contract, so I'll be back in Knoxville several times over the next 3 months (or more, if her contract is extended). So I'll have several opportunities to refill my cabinet!
Don't forget Corner Creek.
[Reply]
Bill86 10:43 PM 01-25-2012
Pretty good selection at McScrooges, prices are decent to a bit high. Better selection and prices in Nashville if you get that chance to drive a few hours away.

Nice score though, the Barrel Strength is good stuff :-)
[Reply]
awsmith4 11:00 PM 01-25-2012
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Saw this at the store as well, I will be picking it up next trip but hoppy beer dominated my purchase :-)
[Reply]
pnoon 06:34 AM 01-26-2012
Saw this at the store as well, I will be picking it up next trip but hoppy beer dominated my purchase :-)
It would mine as well, Albert. :-)
[Reply]
SvilleKid 09:37 AM 01-26-2012
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Alas, they did not have it! Nor did they have any Stranahan's which I also want to try. They had the Stranahan's last year, but haven't gotten any in lately. There's a liquor superstore on the south side of Atlanta that I'll be going by in the next two months. I feel sure they will have the Corner Creek, probably also the Colorado whiskey (yeah, I know... Also NOT a bourbon, but I figure it's worth a try!)
[Reply]
GolfNut 09:40 AM 01-26-2012
Always been a fan of the small batch and in order:
Booker's
Baker's
Knob Creek

I do have a sealed bottle of Pappy Van Winkles 23year that I'm kind of afraid to open. What if I like it...what if I LOVE it! At around $300/bottle and diminishing supplies it'd suck to get hooked on. lol
[Reply]
Page 56 of 196
« First < 646545556 575866106156 > Last »
Up