Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>ebay beads
danreeve 08:16 AM 01-22-2010
Anyone ever use those Humi beads you can find on ebay for dirt cheap? Just wondering if they are any good.
[Reply]
Coz77 08:20 AM 01-22-2010
shilala.....Nuff said :-)

[Reply]
danreeve 08:27 AM 01-22-2010
Originally Posted by Coz77:
is Shilala the person that sells them on ebay? Sorry for the newb questions.
[Reply]
pnoon 08:28 AM 01-22-2010
Originally Posted by danreeve:
Anyone ever use those Humi beads you can find on ebay for dirt cheap? Just wondering if they are any good.
Without knowing what type of beads you are referring to, it's hard to make an assessment.
[Reply]
G G 08:29 AM 01-22-2010
is Shilala the person that sells them on ebay? Sorry for the newb questions.
Looks to me that you may be referring to Heartfelt Beads, who is a member here as well.
[Reply]
pnoon 08:29 AM 01-22-2010
Originally Posted by Coz77:
That is but one good option. It certainly isn't the only one.
[Reply]
Coz77 08:31 AM 01-22-2010
My bad didnt realize you where new here.... I wouldnt buy ebay beads. That just me though.

See below link... Scott just got back from vacation and is trying to settle in. He might need a few days.

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showth...t=25949&page=4

http://www.heartfeltindustries.com/ also sells beads.

65% is my recommendation.
[Reply]
pnoon 08:33 AM 01-22-2010
You should also head over to the New Inmate forum and introduce yourself.
[Reply]
danreeve 08:34 AM 01-22-2010
thanks for the advice. I have some from Heartfelt, but need to get some more. I saw a seller on ebay selling 1/2 pound bags for 5 bucks. All of the feedback from pervious sales of his/her beads were positive.

/shrug.
[Reply]
danreeve 08:34 AM 01-22-2010
Originally Posted by pnoon:
You should also head over to the New Inmate forum and introduce yourself.
great idea.
[Reply]
icehog3 12:26 PM 01-22-2010
thanks for the advice. I have some from Heartfelt, but need to get some more. I saw a seller on ebay selling 1/2 pound bags for 5 bucks. All of the feedback from pervious sales of his/her beads were positive.

/shrug.
You get what you pay for....I would use someone whose feedback is from people I know and trust here. :-)
[Reply]
Mugen910 12:30 PM 01-22-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
You get what you pay for....I would use someone whose feedback is from people I know and trust here. :-)
:-) Nothing worse than trying to save a few $ on beads and having your cigars not getting the proper care...but we've all been there...don't skimp on the necessities for proper storage.:-)
[Reply]
marge796 12:43 PM 01-22-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I agree with Tom, folks here have an endless amount of knowledge of everything cigar & cigar related. And, you can't do any better than Shilala's beads! Good luck either way.

Chris.....
[Reply]
MrOneEyedBoh 01:44 PM 01-22-2010
I have used cigarmony.com

Their beads are pretty good. I think they are pretty much the same ( heartfelt and cigarmony ) until you get to shilala's beads. I think his are clay based. None the less I would go with a reputable company for the few more dollars you would spend versus eBay's beads.
[Reply]
mariogolbee 01:59 PM 01-22-2010
O ordered some Dry Mistat-like tubes from an eBay seller once. There were lot's of issues with the way they were packaged etc. but the seller had excellent customer service skills. I was happy in the end with the overall experience but still did not use his product.

I have found Heartfelt and Shilala beads to both be very effective. I think the Shilala beads are better overall due to the lack of maintenance.
[Reply]
hotreds 02:58 PM 01-22-2010
Yes/No
[Reply]
BryanB 03:12 PM 01-22-2010
I started w/ the cheapies from ebay. They worked for great for about 2 months then crapped out. Might as well get the ones that work.
[Reply]
RazzBarlow 03:29 PM 01-22-2010
I use the Heartfelt Beads and couldn't be happier. Dave is a fellow cigar enthusiast and his customer service is unbeatable. He 100% guarantees you will be satisfied. Maintenance on the beads is very minimal and they keep my humi at a rock-steady 65% RH. I trust the beads more than my digital hygrometer.
[Reply]
Taylor61 03:33 PM 01-22-2010
I just ordered some heartfelt beads to go along with my Le Veil humidifier. Hoping they will keep spikes from occurring.
[Reply]
Bubba - NJ 06:46 PM 01-22-2010
The only beads I found listed on Ebay were from Cheap Humidors and $15 a half pound . I've only ever used Heartfelt and have no reason to switch , steady and dependable .
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up