Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Ed Hardy table top lighter
punklife505 11:08 AM 12-22-2009
Ok so I'm a fan of tattoos and tattoo inspired art/gizmos but I've found that I am not a fan of Ed Hardy designs by Christian Audigier because of the people who buy his goods, most are mainstream upper middle class with money to buy an "alternative" look to make them seem "hip". Growing up Punk and poor and never having money to burn gives me an extreme appreciation for what I have and what I can't, and 120$ for a t-shirt is crazy and irresponsible for me to spend....but today at a Giant convenience store I found sitting by the registers a selection of Ed Hardy table top 2 jet lighters, and I had to have one! So 24.95$ on my credit card later and I'm the slightly embarrassed owner of a cheaply made but colorful lighter with no warranty, the flame is HUGE and and the design is Traditional tattoo and I love it.
Attached: DSCN1496.jpg (105.9 KB) DSCN1497.jpg (105.3 KB) DSCN1501.jpg (110.5 KB) 
[Reply]
Tombstone 11:14 AM 12-22-2009
I hear ya... Nice lighter
[Reply]
leasingthisspace 11:17 AM 12-22-2009
It sure looks nice and beefy in the hand.
[Reply]
Starscream 11:21 AM 12-22-2009
Not that it matters to me, as I'm not an Ed Hardy fan either, but are they authentic?

That lighter looks cool, regardless.
[Reply]
Darrell 11:28 AM 12-22-2009
We have these at the shop. I don't like that the flames do not meet at a point together, rather their is a gap between them, which makes lighting smaller RG cigars a bit of a challenge, because one flame tends to burn up the side.
[Reply]
sikk50 11:33 AM 12-22-2009
Being an Ed Hardy whore I must find these!
[Reply]
punklife505 11:50 AM 12-22-2009
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
Not that it matters to me, as I'm not an Ed Hardy fan either, but are they authentic?

That lighter looks cool, regardless.
It's licensed with trademarks so I'm guessing yes
[Reply]
punklife505 11:52 AM 12-22-2009
Originally Posted by Darrell:
We have these at the shop. I don't like that the flames do not meet at a point together, rather their is a gap between them, which makes lighting smaller RG cigars a bit of a challenge, because one flame tends to burn up the side.
Yea I see your point and they may not be small ring friendly but my Vector table top and pocket lighters will do all the work, this is purely for show and looks
[Reply]
wavescrashing 11:55 AM 12-22-2009
I saw a bottle of Ed Hardy wine at the store yesterday and considered it a sign of the apocalypse. Well, Torano made a rocking chair, so nothing is shocking any more.
[Reply]
sikk50 12:19 PM 12-22-2009
Originally Posted by wavescrashing:
I saw a bottle of Ed Hardy wine at the store yesterday and considered it a sign of the apocalypse. Well, Torano made a rocking chair, so nothing is shocking any more.
I had a bottle of Ed Hardy water that I bought at an Ed Hardy store like 2 years ago :-)
[Reply]
SkinsFanLarry 12:53 PM 12-22-2009
Originally Posted by wavescrashing:
He has his own beer too! :-)
[Reply]
itsme_timd 01:03 PM 12-22-2009
I hadn't even heard of the guy until a few weeks ago then I've seen his stuff all over the place. Crazy how that happens.

Very cool looking lighter though!
[Reply]
punklife505 11:10 AM 12-27-2009
Just bought another one @ 24.95$, this one is a kind of green camo with skull pierced with dagger banner that says "Death or glory". It's pretty fricken cool so gonna trade the other one I have...look for the post in WTS/T
[Reply]
Eleven 12:02 PM 12-27-2009
So who is Ed Hardy? I seem to see many middle aged men wearing trendy, colorful stuff these days, is Ed Hardy the one who is telling them its ok to try and act like John Gosselin?
[Reply]
mithrilG60 10:02 AM 01-12-2010
Originally Posted by Eleven:
So who is Ed Hardy? I seem to see many middle aged men wearing trendy, colorful stuff these days, is Ed Hardy the one who is telling them its ok to try and act like John Gosselin?
Ed Hardy is a garish tattoo inspiring clothing line popular primarily with gangsters and teenage wannbee ballers...... because nothing says I'm a tough man like pulling out your Bedazzler and putting more rhinestones on your hoodie than a Vegas drag queen could ever dream of owning :-)
[Reply]
gnukfu 02:14 PM 01-13-2010
Originally Posted by Darrell:
Darrell, I thought the point of multi-burner lighters was to make a dispersed/larger width flame to light larger RG smokes.
[Reply]
Pauly Walnuts 02:18 PM 01-13-2010
+1
haha too funny. Cant stand the whole line of clothing and it just looks silly when people dress drastically out of character.
[Reply]
SkinsFanLarry 02:52 PM 01-13-2010
[Reply]
replicant_argent 03:23 PM 01-13-2010
I'm pretty sure Pete Johnson is a fan. :-) Just kidding, but some of the same demographics overlap a bit.

I think it is the whole "Tattoo, brightly colored, tacky piercings and Hood Rat attitude" thing. One particular trade show I go to in Vegas every year has so much of it around every corner and infesting every nook, cranny and orifice, not only the regular "licensed" stuff but really bad knockoffs. I just laugh at it now, but people buy it, and it is it's own little portion of the economy. I couldn't bring myself to pimp it out like that. Garish Tatoo-ey wanna-be-retro-Gangsta-ish but mostly-never-was art doesn't trip my trigger.

I'm a middle aged white suburban guy with a 90 year old mans cranky attitude, though, so your mileage and Blingy Cool Factor may vary.
[Reply]
DBall 04:02 PM 01-13-2010
Originally Posted by mithrilG60:
Ed Hardy is a garish tattoo inspiring clothing line popular primarily with gangsters and teenage wannbee ballers...... because nothing says I'm a tough man like pulling out your Bedazzler and putting more rhinestones on your hoodie than a Vegas drag queen could ever dream of owning :-)
HAHAHAHAAHA... that's great!
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up