Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Group wants "R" rating for smoking in movies
e-man67 08:06 AM 05-29-2009
http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Movi...ing/index.html

Such BS...look what our world is coming too. :-)
[Reply]
Mark 08:14 AM 05-29-2009
Complete BS. One of the last scenes in my favorite movie (Thank you for Smoking) nods to the fact that the world is, in fact, coming to this.

:-)
[Reply]
troutbreath 09:29 AM 05-29-2009
This is a dangerous precedent, as the anti-smoking lobby has realized the power of movies.

I'm taking my kids to see "UP" this evening. And, honestly, I have already begun attaching balloons to my house . . . but I'm an ADULT!
[Reply]
DougBushBC 11:48 AM 05-29-2009
Absolute Ridiculousness. The mommy-patrol needs to learn its role and get back i the kitchen! This country is owned by cigar smoking men... *lol*
[Reply]
Cerius 01:40 PM 05-29-2009
Originally Posted by BostonMark:
Complete BS. One of the last scenes in my favorite movie (Thank you for Smoking) nods to the fact that the world is, in fact, coming to this.

:-)
Come on now... Casablanca with candy canes would be so much better!
[Reply]
ucla695 03:54 AM 05-30-2009
Are you kidding me? That's completely inane. R ratings should be reserved for things that children aren't normally exposed to.....sex, violence, nudity, drugs (hopefully), etc...
[Reply]
Hitagain 04:23 AM 05-30-2009
Originally Posted by ucla695:
Are you kidding me? That's completely inane. R ratings should be reserved for things that children aren't normally exposed to.....sex, violence, nudity, drugs (hopefully), etc...
Some schools would have to be rated R then:-)
[Reply]
Up