Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 42 of 69
« First < 32404142 434452 > Last »
Discussion>Latest Pipe-Related Purchase Thread
Subvet642 09:07 PM 11-05-2014
Originally Posted by Col. Kurtz:
Went a little wild recently. I've wanted a canadian for a while, so I couldn't resist this Savanelli.

Sweet score! I like the Canadian. :-)
[Reply]
RevSmoke 09:35 PM 11-05-2014
Went a little wild recently. I've wanted a canadian for a while, so I couldn't resist this Savanelli.

What make is the Candian - looks nice.
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 09:49 PM 11-05-2014
Very nice purchase Jerry. Laying up a supply before Xmas?:-)

Originally Posted by RevSmoke:
What make is the Candian - looks nice.
Todd, you may find some of the answer here:

http://pipedia.org/wiki/Canadian
[Reply]
CoffeeWaterBeer 07:00 AM 11-06-2014
That's a great looking haul. Please let us know how that Pete xmas blend is.
[Reply]
ApexAZ 09:01 AM 11-06-2014

Nice looking pipe. Let us know how the Sav smokes. Do you plan to use a filter?
[Reply]
WaRevo 11:56 AM 11-06-2014
Nice Haul, Would love to hear how the NEW Christmas tobacco smokes.
[Reply]
Col. Kurtz 04:09 PM 11-06-2014

Thanks gents. It's a Savinelli and I love it! I've used the filter so far, but Savinelli included a restrictor. I'll try it both ways, but ** NO gurgle!** I'd be open to some insight from more experienced members on the balsa filters. My Pete Father's Day has done nothing but gurgle since day one, so I may try one in it.....

I may crack open the Peterson Santa blend tonight. I'm normally not an aro smoker, but this one smells great. I'll report back.
[Reply]
RevSmoke 04:50 PM 11-06-2014
Originally Posted by MarkinCA:
Very nice purchase Jerry. Laying up a supply before Xmas?:-)

Todd, you may find some of the answer here:

http://pipedia.org/wiki/Canadian
Know about Canadians. I was meaning is it a: Stanwell, Savinelli, Castello, Don Carlos, etc...
[Reply]
Commander Quan 01:26 PM 11-07-2014
Radice Twin Bore. I've been wanting one of these for awhile, but never found one I was in love with.

[Reply]
ApexAZ 01:36 PM 11-07-2014
Originally Posted by Commander Quan:
Radice Twin Bore. I've been wanting one of these for awhile, but never found one I was in love with.

Wow that's nice. Is that considered a nose warmer? What does the twin bore do?
[Reply]
hammondc 01:40 PM 11-07-2014
Jerry, I am curious about both of those Christmas Blends. Keep us posted
[Reply]
Commander Quan 02:07 PM 11-07-2014
Originally Posted by ApexAZ:
Wow that's nice. Is that considered a nose warmer? What does the twin bore do?
It's about 5.5" long so not quite a nose warmer but the bowl is stout which makes it look shorter than it is.

The twin bore is supposed to cool the smoke more than a standard draft hole. I haven't gotten to smoke it yet, and I'm a little skeptical about whether or not the claim is quantifiable, but the draw is wide open, so that makes me happy. The twin bore pipes were discontinued about 5 years ago.
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 02:09 PM 11-07-2014
Originally Posted by RevSmoke:
Know about Canadians. I was meaning is it a: Stanwell, Savinelli, Castello, Don Carlos, etc...
Its early Dementia setting-in Todd:-); or maybe hoping the Packers bring their game bag with them on Sunday Night Football against the Bears:-)

Beautiful looking pipe Derrick. The grain of the briar really shows and I like the wall thickness of the bowl:-)
[Reply]
RevSmoke 09:26 PM 11-07-2014

Have a twin-bore. Not sure it cools any better, but it does seem to reduce tong bite.
[Reply]
Subvet642 10:19 PM 11-07-2014
That's a sweet looking pipe. I like the graceful taper of the stem.
[Reply]
nutcracker 12:52 PM 11-10-2014
Nice find on the 'bay.
Dunhill 6475 cherrywood estate.
In great shape other than slight scorch on the rim. Can wait to try this one - it's light, easy in the hand....

[Reply]
ApexAZ 01:34 PM 11-10-2014
Originally Posted by nutcracker:
Nice find on the 'bay.
Dunhill 6475 cherrywood estate.
In great shape other than slight scorch on the rim. Can wait to try this one - it's light, easy in the hand....

Very nice, Neil. It's that considered a poker? The bowl looks tilted forward. Is there a term for that?
[Reply]
nutcracker 01:46 PM 11-10-2014
I think that makes it a "cherrywood" - the actual pipe is still briar - it tilts to one side too.
[Reply]
ApexAZ 03:36 PM 11-10-2014
I think that makes it a "cherrywood" - the actual pipe is still briar - it tilts to one side too.
Gotcha. Thanks! Nice looking pipe.
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 03:43 PM 11-10-2014
Nice find on the 'bay.
Dunhill 6475 cherrywood estate. In great shape other than slight scorch on the rim. Can wait to try this one - it's light, easy in the hand....

Another beauty Neil:-)
[Reply]
Page 42 of 69
« First < 32404142 434452 > Last »
Up