Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Tatuaje Conoju 2006
Don Fernando 04:04 AM 04-25-2010
The Longfiller company, importer of several top shelve non Cuban brands in The Netherlands, send me a few cigars to review and among them the four Tatuaje Conoju cigars. The second of the series is the Tatuaje Conoju 2006, a 5.5 inch x 52 Nicaraguan puro torpedo with a € 12.00 fixed price tag here in The Netherlands. The price is the same for the whole Conoju series, except the Grand Conoju which has a € 14.00 fixed price tag.

The Nicaraguan Corojo 99 wrapper is dark, smooth and silky with just a few minor veins. The construction feels good and the cigar has a nice barnyard aroma, much more aroma then the conoju 2003. The wrapper looks nicer too. The predraw is fine and releases lots of pepper.

I get coffee, full and strong, almost espresso like with a hint of pepper in the back of the throat. After half an inch I can also taste some leather. Far away on the background there's an aftertaste that reminds me of dark chocolate.

Halfway the leather disappears and I taste coffee with some herbs with a very nice chocolate aftertaste. These flavors stay with me until I burn my fingers on the nub.

I got a lot, and I mean a lot, of thick white smoke from this cigar, I had my window open and I think my neighbors thought I elected a new pope, that's how much smoke it produced. The ash is quite firm and pepper & salt colored. The burn and draw are good. This cigar is full bodied and full flavored. It lasted me for 90 minutes, but I wouldn't have mind if it lasted twice as long.

Would I buy this cigar again? Yes, this is a keeper!

Appearance: 8 / 10
Construction: 7 / 10
Draw: 7 / 10
Burn: 7 / 10
Smoke & ash: 8 / 10
Aroma first part: 7 / 10
Aroma second part: 8 / 10
Aroma third part: 8 / 10
[Reply]
Texan in Mexico 09:51 AM 04-25-2010
This is a very nice cigar - thank you for the wonderful review
[Reply]
jitzy 10:30 AM 04-25-2010
Great review on an awesome smoke. So where is the new pope from LOL
[Reply]
BigAsh 10:34 AM 04-25-2010
:-):-)....nice review Ferdie....
[Reply]
kelmac07 12:29 PM 04-25-2010
Nice review brother. I see you are torching that package already. :-)
[Reply]
KenyanSandBoa 12:35 PM 04-25-2010
Nice review. I have one of these in my humi...might have to break that one out today.
[Reply]
Up