Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Cuban Stock Extra belicoso
Don Fernando 04:08 AM 04-15-2010
One of the sponsors of my blog Cuban Stock send me a sampler of their cigars for review purposes and this is the first review, I have 3 more blends to smoke and review, so you can expect more to follow soon. I like the band.

The Cuban Stock extra is a Dominican puro and the tobacco leaves have been aged in wine barrels for several years. The vitola I am smoking is a belicoso, 6¼ x 52 in size with a nice sharp pointy top. The construction feels good, can't discover any plugs or soft spots and the smooth mocha brown wrapper only has a few minor veins. The wrapper is quite oily. The predraw is just fine and leaves a mild peppery flavor on my profile.

I can taste a 'warm' earthy coffee flavor, medium strong, and after half an inch those flavors are supported with a mild chocolate aftertaste. After an inch the coffee and chocolate disappear and leave me with an earthy flavor supported by a very mild metallic taste. The flavors are mild to medium, very subtle, not complex but subtle.

After I reach the second half of the cigar I notice that the flavors gain some strength and change into a medium to full wood flavor, still with the metallic support flavor. The structure of the flavors are quite sticky. Near the end I also get a little salt flavor on the palate.

I get a lot of medium thick smoke from this stogie and the firm ash is silvery gray. The draw is great and so is the burn, although at the end I had some problems after the ash broke off. Flavorwise I would call this cigar medium and body wise medium to full. It took me close to 2 hours to finish this puppy.

Would I buy this cigar again? Yes, I believe this cigar has a MRSP below 7 dollars and that makes it a medium priced smoke that I would buy and light every once in a while.

Appearance: 7 / 10
Construction: 7 / 10
Draw: 8 / 10
Burn: 8 / 10
Smoke & ash: 7 / 10
Aroma first part: 7 / 10
Aroma second part: 7 / 10
Aroma third part: 7 / 10
[Reply]
Eleven 07:23 PM 04-15-2010
Oh I wish my wife would let me smoke in the house!

Thanks for the review!
[Reply]
wolfandwhisky 09:02 AM 04-19-2010
I agree on the band - looks good. The metallic taste is a bit worrisome but the sticks look well constructed which, especially at that price, I think warrants a try.

Thanks for the notes
[Reply]
Don Fernando 10:50 AM 04-19-2010
It's a nice metallic flavor, not unpleasant.
[Reply]
kelmac07 07:34 PM 04-19-2010
Another fine review Ferdie!! :-)
[Reply]
Up