Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Charcoal Grill | Options?
mosesbotbol 07:36 AM 01-26-2021
Need to replace a Char Griller Charcoal grill that has recently given the ghost. Anyone have recommendations on a charcoal only grill?

Something beyond the regular Weber stuff?
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 07:41 AM 01-26-2021
I was thinking something like this:

[Reply]
icehog3 09:06 AM 01-26-2021
Ask Dom, his is awesome.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 12:01 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Ask Dom, his is awesome.
He made his with much effort. I am looking for much simpler. I found a place about 20 minutes from my house that may have what I want.

This style bbq grill is super common in Europe, but almost unheard of in the US. Most in Europe have a very simple style of what I posted that allows wood or charcoal to be used.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 01:49 PM 01-26-2021
That’s a heck of a jump from a Weber/Char Griller. I like it though. What’s something like that cost?
[Reply]
CigarNut 05:55 PM 01-26-2021
It’s not exactly what you described, but it’s less expensive :-)

I picked up one of these back in 2017 and have been very happy with it:

www.kamadojoe.com
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 08:08 AM 01-27-2021
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13:
That’s a heck of a jump from a Weber/Char Griller. I like it though. What’s something like that cost?
I think or hope under $1,500
[Reply]
T.G 10:21 AM 01-27-2021
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
He made his with much effort. I am looking for much simpler. I found a place about 20 minutes from my house that may have what I want.

This style bbq grill is super common in Europe, but almost unheard of in the US. Most in Europe have a very simple style of what I posted that allows wood or charcoal to be used.
I've seen some Santa Maria style grills with some form of sides and backs near the grate, as opposed to the traditional design. They are usually pretty reasonable in price, but it depends how far it has to travel to get to you.
[Reply]
Up