Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Flavored cigars?
Mystophales 11:52 AM 07-21-2020
I know to a lot of people the flavored cigar is looked down upon but I have to admit every once in a while I will grab one. Usually early morning with coffee. I tend to go for the more coffee inspired ones like Java Latte or Tabak. Isla del Sol is another one that I really enjoy on occasion.

Anyone else enjoy them or should I hide over here in a corner by myself? :-)
[Reply]
Brian D. 12:37 PM 07-21-2020
Bartender at a cigar tolerant place gave me a couple of sticks (in cello) that were left behind by a customer. One was a Tabak Dulce. I smoked it while having morning coffee a couple days ago. Soon as the coffee was gone, I pitched the rest of the cigar. So, it wasn't horrible.

The other was a Drew Estate Factory Smoke "Sweet". Not quite bad enough for the Shack Herf Punishment Pass event, but almost. :-)
[Reply]
Havanaaddict 12:40 PM 07-21-2020
Please hand in your Cigar smoking card:-)

:-) Just messing with you:-) I say smoke what you enjoy:-) I worked PT nights a cigar shop/lounge and I loved the smell of the Java's. They smelled like you could take a bite out of them:-)

When I first started smoking cigars over 20 + years ago I loved these cigars called RumRunners. I do have a sweet tooth:-) that is probably why I like my cuban Punch's:-)
[Reply]
J.Caprell 04:24 PM 07-21-2020
I'll admit it. I will smoke a Java every now and then. I don't keep them on hand, but sometimes if I'm feeling saucy I'll grab one from the b&m.
[Reply]
CEC_Tech 09:24 AM 07-22-2020
I always keep flavored cigars on hand (in their own humidor) for guests. Whenever I pull out a nice stick (no pun intended) others want to either try or prefer flavored. I always keep a few.

Havana Honeys - cheap and the cherry ones smell great, almost like a good pipe
Miami Suites - always cheap as well. Rum flavored have a great aroma
Backwoods - not flavored, but cheap and great aroma. I smoke these when fishing, mostly because I lost an opus over the side of the boat once and if you lose of one these, no big deal.
[Reply]
Romeo Allones 08:23 AM 08-13-2020
Tried my first recently, Acid Kuba, and it had a sweet tip but otherwise after a while it smoked fairly much like a normal Drew Estate.

[Reply]
Brlesq 09:18 AM 08-13-2020
Flavored cigars are typically not my thing, but I will smoke one or two Acid Kuba Kubas in Autumn on a crisp night, paired with with a glass of ruby port. They taste like the clove cigarettes that were popular in the 70/80s when I was in high school and we were all trying to be "cool".:-)
[Reply]
gomeitsmybday 04:02 AM 08-14-2020
For my preference, no...I think it's similar to the way that I prefer my coffee black and drink my spirits straight/no mixers, I just prefer to get something that is really good and just be able to taste IT. But to each, their own!
[Reply]
Ashcan Bill 09:43 AM 08-14-2020
I admit once in a while I get a craving and will burn a Java. Way back when, I was a menthol cigarette smoker and the occasional Java seems to fulfill some deep seated primitive need buried in the maze of my subconscious. It also appears to keep me from committing unspeakable atrocities. Or maybe I just haven't gotten caught. Regardless this brings up a very serious question.

Should I let a Java be neighbors with a Sir Winston? What would Mr. Rogers say? :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 10:51 AM 08-15-2020
Originally Posted by Ashcan Bill:
I admit once in a while I get a craving and will burn a Java. Way back when, I was a menthol cigarette smoker and the occasional Java seems to fulfill some deep seated primitive need buried in the maze of my subconscious. It also appears to keep me from committing unspeakable atrocities. Or maybe I just haven't gotten caught. Regardless this brings up a very serious question.

Should I let a Java be neighbors with a Sir Winston? What would Mr. Rogers say? :-)
On a similar note, should a gentleman offer a Tiparillo to a lady? :-)
[Reply]
Up