Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
General Discussion>MasterCard will no longer support the sales of tobacco products online
xFreebirdx 03:53 PM 11-28-2012
Personally I don't use Master Card.

Just a heads up!

Originally Posted by :
To our customers,

Please be advised that we have been informed that MasterCard will no longer support the sales of tobacco products online. We encourage our customers using MasterCard for their CigarBoxPA purchases to please begin using a different card if possible. We are accepting Discover, Visa and American Express. We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause and thank you for your cooperation.

Thank you,

CigarBoxPA

[Reply]
Robulous78 04:05 PM 11-28-2012
Just another example of big business/Government thinking they know what is best for you...

I don't have a Mastercard, but this assures that if I were offered one I wouldn't accept it...
[Reply]
never_enough 04:09 PM 11-28-2012
Damn, my debit and credit card are both mastercard. :-)
[Reply]
never_enough 04:10 PM 11-28-2012
If they are going to do this, then they should be "fair" and nix online alcohol sales too. Makes sense to me:-)
[Reply]
cmitch 04:12 PM 11-28-2012
Eventually, there will be a third party payer like poopail, to take care of online tobacco purchases.
[Reply]
T.G 04:15 PM 11-28-2012
Old news. This has been going on since about 2005. From what I recall, it's more about interstate cigarette purchases and their tax enforcement than anything else.

Can't honestly recall hearing of any time that it was enforced against a cigar order.
[Reply]
Robulous78 04:15 PM 11-28-2012
Originally Posted by never_enough:
If they are going to do this, then they should be "fair" and nix online alcohol sales too. Makes sense to me:-)
Yea but Alcohol is publicly acceptable, even though it causes liver cancer and automobile accidents... :-)

All individuals, that enjoy the freedoms of their own judgement should take offense to ANY institution trying to influence or define what is and is not acceptable for them to partake...
[Reply]
never_enough 04:23 PM 11-28-2012
Originally Posted by Robulous78:
Yea but Alcohol is publicly acceptable, even though it causes liver cancer and automobile accidents... :-)

All individuals, that enjoy the freedoms of their own judgement should take offense to ANY institution trying to influence or define what is and is not acceptable for them to partake...
Oh I wasn't saying I want them to nix tobacco and alcohol transactions. Just if they are going to take a stand like this, might as well do both. Freakin bastards.
[Reply]
bvilchez 04:24 PM 11-28-2012
Originally Posted by T.G:
Old news. This has been going on since about 2005. From what I recall, it's more about interstate cigarette purchases and their tax enforcement than anything else.

Can't honestly recall hearing of any time that it was enforced against a cigar order.
:-) 2 of my cards are MC and still have no problem making online purchases with them. Matter of fact I made a cigar purchase with 1 of them 2 weeks ago.

Originally Posted by Robulous78:
I thought it was the idiot behind the wheel that caused the collision. If you drink and drive I'm sorry to say but that is no accident.
[Reply]
xFreebirdx 04:25 PM 11-28-2012
I just got the email from "Cigar Box" today. I guess they mailed it out to all their customers regardless of the card they use. :-)
[Reply]
never_enough 04:26 PM 11-28-2012

Well if thats the case, I have been making purchases all along with them. Thought this was something new. Maybe they just cracked down on this one retailer and more are to follow? Who knows
[Reply]
bvilchez 04:26 PM 11-28-2012
Could it just be vendor specific then?
[Reply]
T.G 04:29 PM 11-28-2012
Originally Posted by never_enough:
Well if thats the case, I have been making purchases all along with them. Thought this was something new. Maybe they just cracked down on this one retailer and more are to follow? Who knows
That's the point.

They don't enforce it. This one retailer probably just got the memo. Order away brother.

If they had cracked down, we'd have seen emails from the big guys (CI, JR, Holts, Famous, Schmompsons) already.
[Reply]
Robulous78 04:30 PM 11-28-2012
Originally Posted by bvilchez:

I thought it was the idiot behind the wheel that caused the collision. If you drink and drive I'm sorry to say but that is no accident.
Tu Che... :-)

you are, of course, correct... I was more or less just saying that they are both "bad" in their own respects. The only determinable difference is that one is socially acceptable while the other is not. It comes down to the individual to use their judgement... When you heed your own ability to judge things to the judgement of others or of organizations you do not deserve the "freedom" you are so willing to give up...
[Reply]
hotreds 04:33 PM 11-28-2012

Originally Posted by bvilchez:
:-) 2 of my cards are MC and still have no problem making online purchases with them. Matter of fact I made a cigar purchase with 1 of them 2 weeks ago.

Just made a cigar purchase with my MC yesterday. MC is not going to bite the hand that feeds them.
[Reply]
icehog3 04:52 PM 11-28-2012
This just in! The Earth is round!! :-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 04:53 PM 11-28-2012
Originally Posted by hotreds:
just made a cigar purchase with my mc yesterday. Mc is not going to bite the hand that feeds them.
X2 What Hugh said. :-)
[Reply]
Robulous78 04:54 PM 11-28-2012
Originally Posted by icehog3:
WHAT? no way!!! I thought if I went far enough east I would end up on Mars... :-)
[Reply]
shark 05:02 PM 11-28-2012
Originally Posted by icehog3:
No it's NOT!!! it's FLAT! And if you sail too far towards the horizon, you'll fall off and get eaten by huge sea monsters! :-) :-)
[Reply]
iaMkcK 05:27 PM 11-28-2012
Meh, if a provider won't let me use a MC, I'll find another that will. Supply and Demand. I demand a steady supply, and if that is opposed, I will do what must be done. Like cry as a baby would :-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up