WaRevo 01:29 AM 12-06-2014
Very nice looking Pipe there. Congrats

James
[Reply]
Subvet642 01:46 AM 12-06-2014
That's friggin' pretty!
[Reply]
Col. Kurtz 11:59 AM 12-06-2014
My local (JR) had some new stuff (to me) at MSRP, so I had to do it...

[Reply]
MarkinAZ 12:09 PM 12-06-2014
Excellent score on the Esoterica lines Jerry:-)

They, especially the Penzance, have been hard to find on-line. But, like you've found, the B&M' have been the way to go regarding this brand. They have been around for quite some time. Never have tried them myself, but hear they are very tasty English blends. Enjoy. And again, good score...
[Reply]
Subvet642 09:56 PM 12-06-2014
Originally Posted by MarkinCA:
Excellent score on the Esoterica lines Jerry:-)

They, especially the Penzance, have been hard to find on-line. But, like you've found, the B&M' have been the way to go regarding this brand. They have been around for quite some time. Never have tried them myself, but hear they are very tasty English blends. Enjoy. And again, good score...
:-) I can't find Penzance anywhere.
[Reply]
RHNewfie 09:01 AM 12-08-2014
Picked up a bag of Stonehaven the other day. Talk about luck...
[Reply]
OnePyroTec 07:38 PM 12-11-2014
got a little Elephant & Castle Deerstalker from the mid 80's

[Reply]
RevSmoke 07:54 PM 12-11-2014
Originally Posted by OnePyroTec:

Oh my goodness, that should be astounding.
[Reply]
ApexAZ 07:59 PM 12-11-2014

Wow nice! Let us know how it is!
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 08:13 PM 12-11-2014
got a little Elephant & Castle Deerstalker from the mid 80's...
Great score on the E&C Wayne. Here's a little tidbit I re-conned from Pipesmagazine.com , regarding a response to aging:

"
I think all of the blends you mentioned are naturally going to improve with age. But, man, I think you're really overworrying this. You're certainly not going to "lose" anything by storing any of these blends for the long-term. But I think there may be some skewed expectations regarding aging.

Yes, you'll see some subtle marrying of flavors after 3-10 years. But I honestly think you need to look much further down the road to see any kind of significant change. I've had a 30-year-old tin of Elephant & Castle's Deerstalker -- an all-VA blend -- that tasted exactly as it did when it was fresh. It wasn't any sweeter or richer or deeper in any way (assuming my palate, memory, and tasting notes were fairly accurate).

Which leads me to this: I'd just encourage you to cellar the blends you enjoy now, the untried blends that you think you're likely to enjoy (based on ingredients/blender), and then just let nature take its course. But I think you're just going to drive yourself crazy if you try to parse out whether African Virginias will do better than American Virginias, at what point latakia starts to fade, or whether a flake will age faster than a broken flake or a ribbon cut."

Enjoy:-)
[Reply]
OnePyroTec 09:09 PM 12-11-2014
Mark, I have talked with one of the guys behind this old blend and he has told me almost the same thing. Deerstalker has stayed good over the years while a few of the others have reached their prime and have gone downhill a bit.

I'll have a tin with me all three nights of Snowglobe if anyone can make it to South Lake Tahoe around New Year. @ Mark, I'll be sure to take some with me on my next trip to So. Cal.
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 07:30 PM 12-14-2014
Arrived in Vegas earlier this afternoon for 3+ days of work starting tomorrow. After a brief meal, I traveled over to the "Tobacco Leaf" Summerlin B&M and picked up some McClelland Domincan Glory and Dunhill The Aperitif:

The Tobacco Leaf has a decent selection of cans and bulk available, not to mention a nice size cigar humidor (I did notice a number of LP #9 and T52 boxes in there too - just sayin for you LP whores).

Tomorrow, there is another B&M called Tobacco Town I want to stop in briefly for a visit. I understand the Las Vegas Pipe Club meets here...
[Reply]
nutcracker 07:13 AM 12-15-2014
$30 off the Bay...
Peterson "Tyrone" - I really like the grain, ambivalent about the stem....

[Reply]
ApexAZ 11:30 AM 12-15-2014
Originally Posted by nutcracker:
$30 off the Bay...

That's a really nice looking pipe. I kinda like the stem.
[Reply]
WhiteMamba 11:38 AM 12-15-2014
It's beautiful. But wouldn't the white stem begin to look bad? :-)
[Reply]
badbriar 11:44 AM 12-15-2014
Originally Posted by Col. Kurtz:
My local (JR) had some new stuff (to me) at MSRP, so I had to do it...

Jerry -

Congrats on the big score!!!

Does your B & M ship? If so, would you mind sending the name of the place? Love to finally get hands on those two Esoterica blends! Always been favorites and are hard to come by, as Mark said!

Thx -

RR
[Reply]
nutcracker 12:29 PM 12-15-2014
Originally Posted by WhiteMamba:
It's beautiful. But wouldn't the white stem begin to look bad? :-)
Ultrasonic cleaner. Vodka (only sensible use for the stuff), pipe cleaners and a soft cloth.
[Reply]
nutcracker 12:30 PM 12-15-2014
Originally Posted by badbriar:
Jerry -

Congrats on the big score!!!

Does your B & M ship? If so, would you mind sending the name of the place? Love to finally get hands on those two Esoterica blends! Always been favorites and are hard to come by, as Mark said!

Thx -

RR
Wow - some rare birds there.
:-)
[Reply]
The.Sheepdog 01:33 PM 12-15-2014
Waiting for my in shipment! Lane 1Q, Lane BCA, Seattle Pipe Club Mississippi River, C&D Autumn Evening, Drew Estates &th Ave Blonde, Borkum Riff. Would love to try some esoteric blends also if I could fine any.
[Reply]
The.Sheepdog 01:34 PM 12-15-2014
Originally Posted by nutcracker:
$30 off the Bay...

I think it is lovely including the stem! fantastic score!
[Reply]
Page 44 of 69
« First < 34424344 454654 > Last »
Up