Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 41 of 196
« First < 31394041 42435191141 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>The Bourbon Thread!!
tireiron 09:05 AM 11-24-2010
In my opinion, craig 12 is one of the best values out there.
[Reply]
Doctorossi 09:19 AM 11-24-2010
Originally Posted by Ferrari5180:
Heard nothing but good things about this bottle.
Don't get me wrong- it's absolutely terrific stuff and an excellent value. I'm not knocking the product at all. I'm just trying to warn you that it's a bit 'deep end' for a first bourbon to try. Coming from the world of Scotch, it might frighten you away from some of the bourbons that might be a little more familiar/accessible to you.
[Reply]
McSmokey 12:56 PM 11-24-2010
Giving serious thought to buying the Buffalo Trace Exp. Being at work with nothing to do is bad for my wallet
[Reply]
rizzle 01:41 PM 11-24-2010
Picked up a bottle of this today. Any thoughts?

[Reply]
rizzle 01:44 PM 11-24-2010
Originally Posted by McSmokey:
Giving serious thought to buying the Buffalo Trace Exp. Being at work with nothing to do is bad for my wallet
Dude, I swear I didn't see your post before I posted mine. :-)
[Reply]
McSmokey 01:51 PM 11-24-2010
Originally Posted by rizzle:
Dude, I swear I didn't see your post before I posted mine. :-)
:-) I am actually going to buy a bottle of that on my way home, but the one I am talking about is an Experimental Series they did you can order it off of Party Source. :-)
[Reply]
rizzle 01:56 PM 11-24-2010
:-) I am actually going to buy a bottle of that on my way home, but the one I am talking about is an Experimental Series they did you can order it off of Party Source. :-)
Gotcha. Any experience with this non-experimental one? :-)
[Reply]
Ferrari5180 01:56 PM 11-24-2010
The buffalo trace should be good. Consensus has it that this is a well priced and great tasting bourbon. I have never tasted it, nor is it available to me here in Montreal. However, if it were, I would have it without a doubt.
[Reply]
McSmokey 02:07 PM 11-24-2010
Not as of yet, but that will change tonight!
[Reply]
Ken 08:23 PM 11-24-2010
Originally Posted by tireiron:
In my opinion, craig 12 is one of the best values out there.
It's been one of my favorites for some time, though 4 Roses Small Batch is in the same price range and is simply finger lickin' good. I really feel it has taken over being my favorite as a very damn good bourbon with an everyday price.

Right now I'm sipping on a Weller SR 7yr. A wheater!
[Reply]
Ken 08:28 PM 11-24-2010
Originally Posted by rizzle:
Picked up a bottle of this today. Any thoughts?
BT is good bourbon. I actually wasn't too fond of my 1st bottle and the next one settled in very well. If you're not used to bourbon then the rye content might be a tad much.
[Reply]
yourchoice 04:17 PM 11-27-2010
Picked up a bottle of Rittenhouse Rye Bottled in Bond per many recommendations in this thread. I'm anxious to give it a try later tonight! (I am aware it is not a Bourbon. :-))
[Reply]
JohnnyFlake 05:47 PM 11-27-2010
Originally Posted by yourchoice:
Picked up a bottle of Rittenhouse Rye Bottled in Bond per many recommendations in this thread. I'm anxious to give it a try later tonight! (I am aware it is not a Bourbon. :-))
Who cares??? Close Enough :-)
[Reply]
bresdogsr 08:43 PM 11-27-2010
I like the BT. Can't get it in Jersey though so I sip sparingly.
[Reply]
awsmith4 10:45 PM 11-27-2010
Originally Posted by yourchoice:
I wish I could find more, Joey (ir13) found it at my local Total Wine then I picked up their last bottle months ago and they never restocked
[Reply]
fricky 08:07 AM 11-28-2010
An outstanding, inexpensive bourbon is Old Weller Antigue. It was a 7 year-old,107 proof, wheated bourbon. Recently, the age statement was removed when the Buffalo Trace Distillery redesigned the bottle and label. I tried the bourbon in the new bottle and I believe that it is even better. My fear was that Buffalo Trace may have started using younger bourbon and the taste would be inferior. The distillery stated that the bourbon is still 7 years old.

Another very good and inexpensive bourbon is Very Old Barton 100 proof. Unfortunately, it has very limited distribution.
[Reply]
Bruins Fan 08:34 AM 11-28-2010
I was in the liquor store last week and spyed a bottle of Jefferson and thought I would give it a try. Liked it very much was reasonably priced about 22.00.
[Reply]
fricky 10:23 AM 11-28-2010
A few years ago, there was a 15 year old Jefferson Reserve which was excellent. Subsequently, they started using younger bourbon and I thought that it was inferior.

The Jefferson's Presidential Select 17 yr old bourbon is excellent. I have had batches 1 and 2. They were great; however, they are expensive. Controversy continues concerning the source of the bourbon and if it is in fact Stitzel Weller bourbon. Personally, I don't care. I like it.
[Reply]
Montano 10:55 AM 11-28-2010
Originally Posted by fricky:
An outstanding, inexpensive bourbon is Old Weller Antigue. It was a 7 year-old,107 proof, wheated bourbon. Recently, the age statement was removed when the Buffalo Trace Distillery redesigned the bottle and label. I tried the bourbon in the new bottle and I believe that it is even better. My fear was that Buffalo Trace may have started using younger bourbon and the taste would be inferior. The distillery stated that the bourbon is still 7 years old.

Another very good and inexpensive bourbon is Very Old Barton 100 proof. Unfortunately, it has very limited distribution.
Thanks for the tip Doug ! I will be on the lookout for Old Weller.
[Reply]
BengalMan 01:19 PM 11-28-2010
I've done a lot of events with Jefferson's Reserve. Good people, and great bourbon. I have enjoyed all of their lines including Sam Houston, Jefferson's, Jefferson's Reserve, and the Presidential Select. The PS is awesome, but yes, expensive.
[Reply]
Page 41 of 196
« First < 31394041 42435191141 > Last »
Up