Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 15 of 196
« First < 5131415 16172565115 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>The Bourbon Thread!!
Heatmiser 10:24 PM 03-26-2009
Originally Posted by awsmith4:
Speaking of that, all you Stagg drinkers, how do you enjoy your? Neat, with a drop of water, or on the rocks?
Neat or with a few drops of water depending on what mood I'm in...
:-)
[Reply]
Mr.Maduro 06:44 PM 03-27-2009
Just finished my bottle of Old Weller 7yr Old Antique Bourbon (107 proof)....I must say, this is better than average for a $15 bottle. :-)

[Reply]
Guitarman-S.T- 10:53 PM 03-27-2009
Originally Posted by Big Vito:
about 6 years since I really tried it, then a buddy and me drank half the bottle during the first half of the playoff games it was the packers and some other team.:-)
Basil Haydens.. Wow... some of the cleanest bourbon i have tasted, SORRY FOR THE DELAY! hahaha
very light delicate with till some great PUNGENT flavors * if that makes sense lol*

if your in need of some lighter bourbongs to try straight up.. i noticed with even a SLIGHT dash of spring water Wow all the difference... it goes down with EASE!
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 11:24 PM 03-27-2009
:-) starting back into it, trying old forester (86), surprisingly sweet, I got vanilla and marshmallow from it
[Reply]
BengalMan 12:06 AM 03-28-2009
Welcome back Vito! Olf Forester is a favorite among many local bourbon drinks that I hang out with. It's a great bourbon for an exceptional value in many bourbon enthusiasts eyes.

S.T. - Basil Hayden's is the famous, not so famous bourbon if that makes any sense, lol. It's the one that a mid-upper end bar usually has a decent bourbon selection has, but most run of the mill bars won't have at all. Many entry level bourbon guys that I know came through the ranks off Basil Hayden's :-) .

Patrick - I have a bottle of that in my decanter right now actually. Once it's done I will likely replace it with Elmer T Lee or Jefferson's. Your right though, Old Weller is hard to beat at the price.
[Reply]
Punchlover 09:30 AM 03-28-2009
Old weller is decent
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 10:56 AM 03-28-2009
Thank you Ian :-) I am taking a trip a little later to see what else I can buy :-)
[Reply]
awsmith4 11:13 AM 03-28-2009
Has anyone here used this vendor before?

http://www.drinkupny.com/

Their prices aren't great but the shipping is free if the order is over $100
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 11:14 AM 03-28-2009
Originally Posted by Mr.Maduro:
Just finished my bottle of Old Weller 7yr Old Antique Bourbon (107 proof)....I must say, this is better than average for a $15 bottle. :-)

Love me some old Weller. I cant tell you how many times me and my friend would kill one of these in one night during college. mm mm good!:-)
[Reply]
robofan 01:12 PM 03-28-2009
Originally Posted by Mr.Maduro:
Just finished my bottle of Old Weller 7yr Old Antique Bourbon (107 proof)....
I must say, this is better than average for a $15 bottle. :-)

One of my favorite inexpensive bourbons.
If I could find it for $15 a bottle where I live I would buy it by the pallet. :-)
It's currently around $25.
[Reply]
Guitarman-S.T- 01:39 PM 03-28-2009

www.bevmo.com for the win :-)
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 01:46 PM 03-28-2009
Originally Posted by Guitarman-S.T-:
[Reply]
awsmith4 01:51 PM 03-28-2009
Originally Posted by Guitarman-S.T-:
Originally Posted by WildBlueSooner:
I can't seem to find their shipping costs, do y'all know how much it costs to ship? I have a hard time paying high shipping charges when there is a good chance I'll find what I'm looking for on the road.

EDIT: Never mind, they won't ship to GA for some reason
[Reply]
ir13 01:55 PM 03-28-2009

Ive ordered from here, they are great and pretty quick to ship. Packaged great as well.
[Reply]
awsmith4 01:59 PM 03-28-2009
Originally Posted by ir13:
Ive ordered from here, they are great and pretty quick to ship. Packaged great as well.
Thanks Joey :-)
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 05:30 PM 03-29-2009
picked this up last night, :-)

[Reply]
newcigarz 05:34 PM 03-29-2009
Originally Posted by Big Vito:
picked this up last night, :-)

:-):-):-)

I've a nice bottle to share when you come to FL.
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 08:35 PM 03-29-2009
Originally Posted by newcigarz:

sounds good to me :-) :-)
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 08:41 PM 03-29-2009
Originally Posted by newcigarz:

Damn, you lucky SOB. Many of my favorite bottles there! :-)
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 08:44 PM 03-29-2009
A fine BOTL (thanks again Stewart) recently found me some and I have to say i was not disappointed. I drink most everything neat and as a word of caution sip it very gingerly or your tongue may hate you for a few hours.

Speaking of that, all you Stagg drinkers, how do you enjoy your? Neat, with a drop of water, or on the rocks?
Sounds great! I will have to try to pick up a bottle! Trying to juggle my new love (cigars) with my old one (bourbon)! Dang slope :-)
[Reply]
Page 15 of 196
« First < 5131415 16172565115 > Last »
Up