Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>Need Irish Whiskey Advice...
replicant_argent 05:38 PM 07-31-2013
I am a fan of any of the Redbreast variants. (My wallet isn't). :-) Michael Collins is good stuff, and I have knocked out a bottle or three of one of their several offerings with good friends.
Killbeggan, Greenore (the only Irish Single Grain whiskey in the world), Tyrconnell, Tyrconnell Sherry Cask and Connemara (a rare Peated Single Malt Irish whiskey).

I was to have attended a tasting of all these this evening (had to back out, a guys got to pick his battles occasionally) , all of which I have had before, but what can I say, I love tasting and learning about whiskey, whisky, rum, bourbon... Some of the knowledge actually sticks for more than a week. I have an awful time keeping the single malt world knowledge inside my skull.
If you can hunt down the opportunity near you, some of the brand ambassadors put on a hell of a show and help you learn a boatload of info when they do tastings. For the investment, you can learn which you may like, not like, love, and view as crack without breaking the bank much more or even less than going to a fine pub and sampling them all. Sometimes they have a kickass food pairing as well. Oh, and it's a freakin' blast, because there are a bunch of other dru.... er... aficionados that are also there to learn and have fun.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up