Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>Yeungling
BroncoHorvath 07:20 PM 01-09-2009
Originally Posted by Cigarcop:
Got a refrigerator full of it in the garage:-)
Yes but the fishing is better in Alabama:-)
[Reply]
Cigarcop 07:22 PM 01-09-2009
Originally Posted by BroncoHorvath:
Yes but the fishing is better in Alabama:-)
True true.....but who cares when you've got beer:-)
[Reply]
MikeyC 07:37 PM 01-09-2009
Originally Posted by AD720:
Yes, exactly. I'm just curious to learn more about it. (bar trivia :-))
Unfortunately, I don't have any references to give you for this information as it was relayed to me by Jim Koch. There is PLENTY of old Boston Beer antiques around the Sam Adams brewery in Boston.

The one other tid-bit I do have to share is that the last known place of business for the original BBC is the old Heffenrefer brewery in Boston which is the current R&D center for Sam Adams.
[Reply]
bigliver 07:40 PM 01-09-2009
Originally Posted by longknocker:
Ya'll need to move to Mobile! Great weather & All the Yuengling you want! Great beer!:-)
My parents live in Lucedale, MS...been to Mobile several times, Yuenling for the most part with a little Abita Springs thrown in just for that hometown feel.
[Reply]
ToddziLLa 07:54 PM 01-09-2009
I love it! Thankfully I work with some folks who make trips to PA every couple months or so. :-)
[Reply]
Sauer Grapes 08:28 PM 01-09-2009
Eh. It's OK. As far as the cheap American Lagers, it's the best. Very drinkable, and not bad at all, but there are MUCH better beers out there.
[Reply]
sigsauer 08:36 PM 01-09-2009
who cares about shipping laws.....I've had plenty of friends ship me beer, wine..etc.....just pack it real good so nothing breaks......if a package starts leaking...well then you might have some explaining to do.....
shipping beer is expensive though due to the weight of the package....
[Reply]
sawyer16v 08:47 PM 01-09-2009
Originally Posted by longknocker:
Ya'll need to move to Mobile! Great weather & All the Yuengling you want! Great beer!:-)
Woo Hoo! A fellow Mobilian who knows how to read and write, what are the odds?
[Reply]
longknocker 10:24 AM 01-10-2009
Originally Posted by sawyer16v:
Woo Hoo! A fellow Mobilian who knows how to read and write, what are the odds?
Even "Graduated" From College!:-):-)
[Reply]
Cigarcop 10:43 AM 01-10-2009
Yeungling has a premium line also in the brown bottles, its actually less for some reason, but I prefer the Greens:-)
[Reply]
Footbag 10:46 AM 01-10-2009
This post is making me thirsty!
[Reply]
AD720 10:50 AM 01-10-2009
Yeungling has a premium line also in the brown bottles, its actually less for some reason, but I prefer the Greens:-)
The "Yeungling Premium Beer" title is a little misleading, it is not any more "premium" than the Lager is - just a different brew (pilsner style).
[Reply]
Cigarcop 10:53 AM 01-10-2009
The "Yeungling Premium Beer" title is a little misleading, it is not any more "premium" than the Lager is - just a different brew (pilsner style).
I agree, I didn't want to just come out and say it "SUCKS"!!!
[Reply]
AD720 10:55 AM 01-10-2009
I agree, I didn't want to just come out and say it "SUCKS"!!!
I am not a huge fan of the Premium Beer on it's own but I really enjoy the Black and Tan, which is the Porter and the Premium Beer together.
[Reply]
Studebaker 04:26 PM 01-10-2009
Yeah, I'm fixing to open a Yuengling in about an hour and watch the Panthers spank the Cardinals....
[Reply]
JohnnyKay5 04:56 PM 01-10-2009
roadtrip?
[Reply]
PitmanGeek 06:25 PM 01-10-2009
Memories...

I grew up on the Yeungling 20oz returnables...

I love all their brews, Lord Chesterfields Ale is right behind their premium beer for me.
[Reply]
AD720 06:54 PM 01-10-2009
That reminds me, does anyone get down with the 22 once bottle? :-)

(a/k/a the "Bomber" or "Duece Staley" )
[Reply]
Killjoy 07:52 AM 01-12-2009
Originally Posted by sigsauer:
who cares about shipping laws.....I've had plenty of friends ship me beer, wine..etc.....just pack it real good so nothing breaks......if a package starts leaking...well then you might have some explaining to do.....
shipping beer is expensive though due to the weight of the package....
Shipping is very pricey, done a few "beer passes" over the years..we put a limit on 5 or so bottles...I am gonna be down in West Virginia/North Carolina so I will just have to drink my fill then.
[Reply]
MikeyC 11:13 AM 01-12-2009
That is interesting, I am a bit of a beer nerd and I've never heard that before. Do you have any more information, google is not turning anything up for me...
I'm at the brewery now and there's an antique beer can here from Boston Beer Co. The can is from "Boston Light Ale" and says established 1828.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up