Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>Your favorite gin
MTB996 06:36 PM 10-16-2008
Originally Posted by SvilleKid:
Amen on Hendriks. It's my straight sippin' gin. Generally use Tangueray for mixing.
What he said. Tanq Ten if I'm feeling like a high end G&T.
[Reply]
Langod 09:09 AM 10-17-2008
Originally Posted by illinoishoosier:
It's TanQueray...with a "Q". And you guys call yourselves gin lovers...:-)

DOH! :-)
[Reply]
tnip23 09:17 AM 10-17-2008
If you ever get to Delaware or know somebody that can pick you up a bottle, Dogfish Head (yeah, the beer guys) makes a wonderful sipping gin that has a real citrus quality to it.

Other than that in my G-n-T's I usually go with Tanq. Rangpur or Sapphire.
[Reply]
stevefrench 03:42 PM 10-18-2008
Tanqueray and Bombay Sapphire. :-)
[Reply]
Boomer 03:48 PM 10-18-2008
Plymouth
Tanqueray
It's not a martini unless it's made with GIN!
[Reply]
Cigary 07:28 PM 10-18-2008
1. Bombay

2. Tangueray

then some white lightening from Bobbys still down the road
[Reply]
MajorCaptSilly 08:28 PM 10-18-2008
Found Tangueray 10 a few months ago and love it straight up with a cucumber slice or with tonic. This replaced Bombay Sapphire for me.

MCS
[Reply]
PolarGar 08:30 PM 10-18-2008
Bombay Sapphire has gotten me into more trouble than I care to remember - God I miss it! :-)
[Reply]
Swampper 01:10 AM 10-20-2008
Plymouth
[Reply]
qwerty1500 06:48 AM 10-20-2008
Gin martinis are my drink of choice. Lately, I've been enjoying Hindricks. But, my staple over the years has been regular Bombay ... can't seem to warm up to the almond flavor in the Saphire. Tangueray 10 is pretty good and I've had more than my share of Beefeaters because it always seems to be on sale. Unfortunately, I've never tried No. 209 or Bulldog but I'm always keeping my open for them.
[Reply]
King James 07:17 AM 10-20-2008
tanqueray and bombay for me..... maybe beefeaters too
[Reply]
muziq 07:26 AM 10-20-2008
Originally Posted by mmblz:
In this order:

North Shore Distiller's Gin No. 6
Hendrick's
That's my order, too. It's a crying shame I have to mail order North Shore at nearly twice the store price, once shipping is added in. Hence I save that for very special occasions.

In a desperate attempt to recreate North Shore's fragrant lavender overtones, I bought a bottle of Monin's Lavender syrup--the same kind you usually find coffeehouses using in mochas and Italian sodas--and while it works pretty well with a good vodka martini, the bite of the gin contrasts with the very subtle sweetness of the syrup. It's okay, if used very sparingly, but it can't touch North Shore.

It turns out that the Monin lavender syrup works wonderfully in a glass of Topo Chico, over ice, on a warm day. Quite different--it's like drinking flowers.
[Reply]
Boobar 02:24 PM 10-24-2008
Tanqueray for me.
[Reply]
MadAl 01:11 PM 11-21-2008
Hendricks, Millers, and Sapphire, in that order
[Reply]
rhdad42 01:20 PM 11-21-2008
I'm not a huge gin guy, but I did like the Bluecoat gin out of Philly. It's very good straight, with a bit of citrus flavor.
[Reply]
bigloo 11:59 PM 11-25-2008
The new Tanq Ranpoor is VERY good with tonic, but, hands down....

http://www.bendistillery.com/cascade-mtn-gin.html

:-)

Also, this stuff, while not gin, will knock your socks of good.. you can smell the fresh oregon hazelnuts in it:

http://www.bendistillery.com/hazelnu...sso-vodka.html

Lu
[Reply]
JE3146 01:09 AM 11-26-2008
My favorite Gin is Rogue Distillery's Gin :-)
[Reply]
bigloo 06:22 AM 11-26-2008
Originally Posted by JE3146:
My favorite Gin is Rogue Distillery's Gin :-)
ooohhh, this is news to me, thanks! Is it easy to find?
[Reply]
Jdbwolverines 08:53 PM 12-01-2008
Has anyone tried Bluecoat? I picked up a bottle a while ago just on a whim and never having heard anything about it. I finally cracked it a while ago and it was a real surprise. I think I paid just over $20 for a fifth and I thought it was better than many higher end gins. I liked it just as well as Bombay Sapphire or Tanq Ten and better than Bulldog or New Amsterdam. I feel it has stronger citrus tastes than most gins and a little less on the juniper side. From what I've read about it is that its a American Dry Gin instead of your typical London Dry Gin, so it does taste a little different and may not be for everyone, although I really can't give you any info on what makes one a certain type vs the other. Also, on their website they say that it is 100% organic, if anyone has a preference to that too. Anyways, I would recommend to anyone looking t maybe try something a bit different and you can't really go wrong with the price.
[Reply]
Buena Fortuna 05:42 AM 12-02-2008
Lysol :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up