Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>Sam Adams Cherry Wheat
chippewastud79 07:28 AM 02-05-2009
Originally Posted by BengalMan:
This is what we call a girls beer Dan. :-) Maybe you can chase it down with a Zima that's been flavored with skittles.
:-) Now thats funny :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 07:36 AM 02-05-2009
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
You two crack me up :-)
[Reply]
AdamC 09:12 AM 02-05-2009
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
I can't stand the Sam Adams Boston Lager. The aftertaste is terrible. Maybe in a few years I will enjoy it.
I used to love heineken, but then I switched over to Boston Lager, then I started trying the others. So far, I really love the Irish Red, give it a try.
[Reply]
AdamC 09:13 AM 02-05-2009
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
:-)
[Reply]
Ace$nyper 10:28 PM 02-06-2009
First time I had it I was pretty blown away, I think it was a shock and a new thing.

It's ehh, it kinda has a "fake" taste to me.

I'd put it as an ehh wouldn't order it but wouldn't turn one down at all.
[Reply]
CasaDooley 12:39 AM 02-07-2009
I like it every now and then for a change of pace.
[Reply]
Partagaspete 01:55 AM 02-07-2009
My wife loved it when it first came out in 96' on tap. In fact I talked the distributor out of one of the handles. I think I still have it somewhere???? Anyway, a few years latter we saw it in bottles one time and tried it and it was not half as good. Basically, the bottle had a ludens cough drop taste.

Did they change the recipe or is bottle vs. tap a lot different with this beer?

T
[Reply]
MikeyC 06:54 AM 02-07-2009
Originally Posted by Partagaspete:
My wife loved it when it first came out in 96' on tap. In fact I talked the distributor out of one of the handles. I think I still have it somewhere???? Anyway, a few years latter we saw it in bottles one time and tried it and it was not half as good. Basically, the bottle had a ludens cough drop taste.

Did they change the recipe or is bottle vs. tap a lot different with this beer?

T
The formula hasn't changed. Most domestic beer companies pasteurize their bottles, but the kegs are unpasteurized. The pasteurization process gives the bottles a longer shelf life. However, the high level of heat the bottles are exposed to during the process affects the flavor.

Cherry Wheat is a great example of this because it's totally a different beer on tap vs from a bottle.

Also, you should see the new Cherry Wheat tap handle. It's very sweet. One of the coolest SA handles in my opinion.
[Reply]
elderboy02 07:54 AM 02-07-2009
I agree that the tap tastes better.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
St. Lou Stu 08:24 AM 02-07-2009
I like the stuff, but it fills me rather quickly (Is this where the Milwaukee's Best can falls on me?).
I can only drink about 6, then I need something else.

Strwberry Blonde is another one to try if you like Cherry Wheat.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up