Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>Chartreuse
yellowgoat 03:12 PM 01-30-2009

Had this stuff sitting on the shelf for I don't know how long!

Wow, This stuff is freaking weird!! Smells like grassy or pinny like medicine. The taste is is far out there! I can see if I keep trying to taste this stuf I'll be flat on my ass in two minutes! I tell ya I'm starting to feel good though!

Let me try to tell you about the taste! It's taste like how it smells and a little bitter with a lot of Syrup sweet feel in the mouth and grassy taste lingers.
It has a great burn going down as you would expect from anything that has 55% alcohol in it! So, Think Bitter, Grassy, Pinny Thick Cough Syrup sweetness.

Some crazy ****!

I can say this stuff has changed with time in my glass! And it's getting friggin hot in here!!

Well! I do taste a little anise now but very slight and really have to look hard for it.

Not for everyone! Maybe for 5 people and a few monks! You want to see monkeys fly out of your friends ass, Drink this stuff!
[Reply]
TRicker 03:14 PM 01-30-2009
I'm in!!
[Reply]
Scottw 03:14 PM 01-30-2009
Some friends of mine do shots with this and 151 rum. THey just call it Gasoline.
[Reply]
Killjoy 03:20 PM 01-30-2009
very popular drink in new orleans...I love the stuff..favourite cordial!!
[Reply]
yellowgoat 03:23 PM 01-30-2009
It's a nice drink! I like it but can see a lot of people saying your crazy if they ever had it. Doing shot with 151 is crazy!
[Reply]
tobii3 04:41 PM 01-30-2009
Originally Posted by yellowgoat:
...You want to see monkeys fly out of your friends ass, Drink this stuff!
or the guaranteed drink to help you ""pray for forgiveness""...or death....

[Reply]
yellowgoat 05:02 PM 01-30-2009
Originally Posted by tobii3:
or the guaranteed drink to help you ""pray for forgiveness""...or death....
I have a jug of moonshine that I won't ever touch again! I'm running away from this stuff too! Way to hardcore for me.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 05:26 PM 01-30-2009
Nice review.

It does take a few tries before one get's it. Can cure a cold and get you drunk.

If you see it at a bar, bartenders never now how to serve it and usually serve like 4x what you need. Like one drink is for the whole evening!
[Reply]
Up