Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>Yeungling
AD720 01:32 PM 01-12-2009
Originally Posted by MikeyC:
I'm at the brewery now and there's an antique beer can here from Boston Beer Co. The can is from "Boston Light Ale" and says established 1828.
Ahh...now when I punch in "Boston Beer Co + 1828" I get some results, before all I was getting was the new Boston Beer Co...
[Reply]
rizzle 02:15 PM 01-12-2009
I'm down with Yeungling. Always keep a few of them in the mini-fridge.
[Reply]
smokeyandthebandit05 07:27 PM 01-12-2009
I love the regular Yuengling and tried the Chesterfield last night and it seemed slightly skunky to me in both the smell and taste. Yuengling was founded in 1829 so its not really much difference from the Boston Brewers
[Reply]
Geppetto 08:34 PM 02-05-2009
"Not a lot of people know this but Boston was once the capitol of American beer brewing. In the year 1900, there were over 30 breweries in Boston which was more breweries per capita than any other city in the country at the time."

I'll throw Cincinnati into that hat also. Many, many breweries here too at the time.
BTW - Sam Adams brews in town here. Father in-law works for them, so you know what that means! :-)
Man, how I miss me some Yuengling!
[Reply]
Cigarcop 08:36 PM 02-05-2009
Originally Posted by Geppetto:
"Not a lot of people know this but Boston was once the capitol of American beer brewing. In the year 1900, there were over 30 breweries in Boston which was more breweries per capita than any other city in the country at the time."

I'll throw Cincinnati into that hat also. Many, many breweries here too at the time.
BTW - Sam Adams brews in town here. Father in-law works for them, so you know what that means! :-)
Man, how I miss me some Yuengling!
Stop over I got plenty for yah :-)
[Reply]
MikeyC 08:41 PM 02-05-2009
Originally Posted by Geppetto:
"I'll throw Cincinnati into that hat also. Many, many breweries here too at the time.
Yes. Sam Adams has breweries in Boston, Cincinatti, and Pennsylvania (Lehigh Valley area). Also, every Sam Adams employee is entitled to 2 free cases of beer per month.
[Reply]
ActionAndy 08:50 PM 02-05-2009
Yuengling Black and Tan is a great beer for when you don't want something watery and light, but you don't want something too heavy.
[Reply]
random0813 08:51 PM 02-05-2009
I grew up on this stuff...keggers in the woods in high school and all that...sometimes I find myself drifting away and drinking some of the many awesome beers out there, but I have never turned down a lager!
[Reply]
smokeyandthebandit05 09:47 PM 02-06-2009
Originally Posted by MikeyC:
Yes. Sam Adams has breweries in Boston, Cincinatti, and Pennsylvania (Lehigh Valley area). Also, every Sam Adams employee is entitled to 2 free cases of beer per month.

I drove past the one in PA on Tuesday. I saw 2 big stainless steel things in the giant front window and was surprised to see Sam Adams on the side of the building. Its not a giant building and if your not lookin you'll miss it
[Reply]
MikeyC 10:10 PM 02-06-2009
Originally Posted by smokeyandthebandit05:
I drove past the one in PA on Tuesday. I saw 2 big stainless steel things in the giant front window and was surprised to see Sam Adams on the side of the building. Its not a giant building and if your not lookin you'll miss it
I haven't been in it nor have I seen it in person, but my understanding is that the Pennsylvania brewery is a couple of football fields long. Also, it's twice as big as the Cincinatti brewery.
[Reply]
Ace$nyper 10:23 PM 02-06-2009
As much as I'd love to see my state struck by a meteor or wild fire destroying all of it, I don't know if I could leave the grasp of this tasty and dirt cheap beer.

Really bang for the buck can not be beat while it's not a mirco brew or fancy it's quite impressive and the price is just right.

I normally have a case on hand at all times. Along with anything else I may be consuming.

Yuengling is the best car repair beer on earth. I built many motors on it so drunk I have no clue how any work lol.

I won a Yuengling shirt last bar triva night but it's far too large.
[Reply]
GoodFella 10:23 PM 02-06-2009
a 24 pack of cans cost me about 15$ at my local store. i just picked up some the other day cus i like it so much. i wish i could help ya out. if i was driving out to LV i would bring some to the ELVIS
[Reply]
Partagaspete 02:14 AM 02-07-2009
See if you can get Henry Weinhards out there. Great beer and it use to be cheap. If I am not mistaken it was similar. This is going back to 96' so I may be wrong on the profile but I know it was good stuff.

T
[Reply]
drill 08:46 AM 02-07-2009
i like yeungling also and so does the wife i am down to about 10 cans left now

i have a pal from philly that drops me off 3 cases every 3-4 months and also anytime i hear of someone going to PA. i have them grabme as much as they will

i understand its available in florida and in northern arkansas

good luck

its very exspensive to ship/mail

k
[Reply]
ronhoffman2 06:32 PM 02-09-2009
my beer of choice
[Reply]
Teeznutz 12:26 AM 02-12-2009
Awesome Beer!!!!!! Still none found in Socal
[Reply]
SeanGAR 04:54 AM 02-12-2009
1828 - 1957 Boston Beer Co. (Boston)
No relation to the Boston Beer Co. that produces Samuel Adams, however it held the record for the oldest operating brewery in America.
http://beeradvocate.com/articles/269
[Reply]
PinkPistol86 07:38 PM 02-19-2009
Maybe you could order it online. I don't know, just an option or idea. It is a good beer though.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up