Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>trip to costco
Cigary 02:31 PM 11-17-2008
Costco is great. We went to Maui a couple of months ago and went to the store they have there and saved ourselves about $700 for the week. Instead of eating out every day to the tune of about $100 per day we bought the best Rib Eye steaks,,,fresh Atlantic salmon and shrimp,,,damn near paid for half the trip. We stayed at a condo that had a full kitchen and it was easy to fix the best meals.
[Reply]
zonedar 08:43 PM 11-24-2008
We've got a big one within walking distance. Saw the champagne there the other day and it had a high rating. Thinking of getting some for a NYE party we're throwing. Anyone here tried it?
[Reply]
replicant_argent 08:27 PM 11-25-2008
The Macallan scotch was seen by my beady little eyes today while on an errand for a TV today.
79.00... My cheap (uh... frugal?) ass didn't buy any, but they have released it again, and it goes pretty quickly. As I understand, this is a stellar deal for 18 or 19 year old Macallan. I think I may have to ask Santa Claus for a wee dram, and if I am lucky, she will justify it as cheaper than me spending it on strippers and meth.
[Reply]
replicant_argent 08:51 PM 11-25-2008
addendum.
http://www.costcoconnection.com/conn...ks_wine/?pg=11
[Reply]
Opusfxd 11:30 PM 11-28-2008
I've been lucky enough to have been gifted a couple bottles of the Kirkland Vodka. Yummy stuff. I've heard the Grey Goose stories as well. I didn't care too much where it came from because it was that good.
[Reply]
Bax 08:19 AM 11-29-2008
I'm working on 21 years with Costco, it's a great place to work... not to mention all the free demo food every day:-)
[Reply]
PinkPistol86 08:18 PM 02-19-2009
I like going into Costco with an empty stomach. They have yummy samples that fill you up. I just wish they sampled their alcohol. I would walk out of there full and drunk.
[Reply]
Skywalker 12:34 PM 02-20-2009
Originally Posted by Bax:
I'm working on 21 years with Costco, it's a great place to work... not to mention all the free demo food every day:-)
You Rock!!!

I want to be you when I grow up!!!
:-)
[Reply]
Teeznutz 09:43 AM 02-24-2009
Going to costco today!! Bad influences....... : o )
[Reply]
cle_smoker 10:22 PM 02-25-2009
I absolutely love Costco. I shop there at least twice a month. Having a diet pepsi-aholic in the family doesn't help. I had heard that there were some that sold cigars but I didn't know they sold alcohol other than wine.

In the summer (and sometimes winter) I am always buying pork shoulders, briskets, and ribs for the BBQ. Their prices on the large pieces of meat are hard to beat.

And I agree about the Marcona almonds. They are fantastic.

cle_smoker
[Reply]
eber 10:38 AM 02-26-2009
I wish I had a costco closer to me, I have to settle with Sams Club, from what I heaer costco is much better
[Reply]
MithShrike 10:49 AM 02-26-2009
Originally Posted by Bax:
I worked the 04-05 holiday season in electronics and hard lines. I loved it. I could just chat up the sample folks and eat as much as I wanted, never had to bring a lunch. They let me go for the season two days before I hit 90 days... :-) I wanted to work there.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up