Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Perdomo ESV 1991 Nobleza
tuxpuff 05:55 PM 05-01-2009
I'll say right off the bat that I was really surprised buy this cigar. Seemed like a lot of flash...it came wrapped in cedar in an impressive tube...but I haven't had much luck with Perdomo in general. It was well constructed with no soft spots and obviously smelled intensely of cedar. Sitting in the humi for about 1 year.

First third - Good draw. Sweet and creamy smoke with flavors of leather, cocoa and honey. Seems about medium in strength. Very pleasant taste with a nice depth of flavor. Burning very well with a solid ash.

Second third - The flavor lightens slightly in the beginning. Staying very smooth and creamy with flavors mostly consisting of leather and not a touch of spice. Near the end it starts to pick up notes of coffee and mocha.

Last third - Getting flavors of cedar now with just a hint of spice. Very short finish on the tongue. Burning extremely well the entire time. Suddenly the most intense blast of mocha starts coming through which lasts for a good 10 minutes. Very pleasant flavor with no bitterness. Finishing with flavors of roasted nuts, cocoa, leather, and certainly mocha.

I have to give kudos to Perdomo on this one...it was a real treat. Very complex and enjoyable flavors which could turn on a dime. Also one of the best burns I've ever had...straight as an arrow. Recommended!

[Reply]
Rockestone 05:56 PM 05-01-2009
Thanks for the review!:-)
[Reply]
Pat1075 06:18 PM 05-01-2009
Thank you I've been a fan of the ESV line for a while I'll have to give one of these a try.
[Reply]
scooter 08:41 AM 05-02-2009
Thanks for the great review.
[Reply]
dccraft 05:44 AM 05-04-2009
Great review. These are one of my favorites.:-)
[Reply]
ashmaster 08:56 AM 05-04-2009
Enjoyed your review on a very nice smoke, thanks.
[Reply]
Up