Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 94 of 196
« First < 4484929394 9596104144194 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>The Bourbon Thread!!
icehog3 09:23 AM 12-18-2019
Blanton's? I'd take the day off work. :-) :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 09:23 AM 12-18-2019
[Reply]
Steve 10:10 AM 12-18-2019
Originally Posted by icehog3:
:-):-)
[Reply]
stearns 10:21 AM 12-18-2019
Easy for you to say Mr. Retired :-)

I'm gonna try to make it it just doesn't seem likely. Also need to cut down on my spending, brought Sarah along last night so I could get two bottles of the 107, it wasn't that pricey per bottles but with 2 it really brought the total up, practically came out to twice as expensive
[Reply]
icehog3 02:52 PM 12-18-2019
Originally Posted by stearns:
Easy for you to say Mr. Retired :-)

I'm gonna try to make it it just doesn't seem likely. Also need to cut down on my spending, brought Sarah along last night so I could get two bottles of the 107, it wasn't that pricey per bottles but with 2 it really brought the total up, practically came out to twice as expensive
Seems to make sense. Ben. :-)

I know, I've semi got it made. But you never see Blanton's around here, I had to get a bottle from California. And for a barrel selection. Yeah, I'd call in with syphilis. :-)
[Reply]
stearns 06:43 AM 12-19-2019
Well they changed the Blanton's release time from 4pm to 9:30am because on Tuesday their parking lot filled up with people waiting for bourbon and the regular customers couldn't park. No amount of syphilis could have gotten me there that early :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 08:01 AM 12-19-2019
Well they changed the Blanton's release time from 4pm to 9:30am because on Tuesday their parking lot filled up with people waiting for bourbon and the regular customers couldn't park. No amount of syphilis could have gotten me there that early :-)
I would have offered gonorrhea and scabies to up the ante! :-)

Last nights pour...maybe one decent pour left in the bottle. This is not one that I will replace.

[Reply]
stearns 09:57 AM 12-20-2019
Is anybody part of a bourbon-specific forum or other bourbon online community besides facebook? The last thing I need is more temptation but I'd like to find another source of information, I hear about the facebook groups but I don't play the FB game
[Reply]
Brian D. 10:50 AM 12-20-2019
That one is easy for me to "Source", hahaha!
[Reply]
icehog3 04:01 PM 12-20-2019
Grab a Pappy and a Stagg for me while you're there, Brian. :-)
[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 03:43 PM 12-29-2019
Finally was able to check off two bucket list bourbons off the list this week to see if they were worth the hype, Weller 12 and Pappy 10 year. I haven’t been able to locate a bottle of either but happened to be lucky in two different places in two different states that had them at the bar. The Pappy was good but I really can’t see it being worth the secondary prices. The Weller 12 on the other hand, I’m in love with. Been trying for the last two years even without trying it to score a bottle and have looked high and low. Does anyone have a source of where I can score a bottle?
[Reply]
4WheelVFR 05:48 PM 12-29-2019
Discount wine is showing the weller 12 year in stock.
[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 07:00 PM 12-29-2019
Originally Posted by 4WheelVFR:
Discount wine is showing the weller 12 year in stock.
Thank you for the heads up. Just tried to order but it says a carrier won’t ship it to me, guessing because I live in Michigan? Have you had luck with that website?
[Reply]
4WheelVFR 07:09 PM 12-29-2019
Originally Posted by gettysburgfreak:
Thank you for the heads up. Just tried to order but it says a carrier won’t ship it to me, guessing because I live in Michigan? Have you had luck with that website?
I have never used it.....I just did a quick google search to look at the bourbons you tried and saw it listed.
[Reply]
4WheelVFR 07:20 PM 12-29-2019
I went back and looked and the shipping policies are really weird. Cheap prices on a hard to find bourbon, weird shipping policies.....think I'll pass.
[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 07:27 PM 12-29-2019
Originally Posted by 4WheelVFR:
I went back and looked and the shipping policies are really weird. Cheap prices on a hard to find bourbon, weird shipping policies.....think I'll pass.

Yea definitely seemed odd to me too. I’m hopeful someone around here knows of a place in Eastern Michigan that has it in stock.
[Reply]
stearns 07:31 AM 12-30-2019
Found a bottle of Weller 12 by accident, was out black friday beer shopping and didn't realize one of the stores was doing a whiskey sale, got there 15 minutes before they opened and was second in line, they only had two bottles, one per person

They show up on shelves from time to time, I've heard they're actually attainable locally on a regular basis if you're willing to pay $100+, I'm not interested in spending that much but if I see any more around closer to retail I'll let you know
[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 08:11 AM 12-30-2019
Found a bottle of Weller 12 by accident, was out black friday beer shopping and didn't realize one of the stores was doing a whiskey sale, got there 15 minutes before they opened and was second in line, they only had two bottles, one per person

They show up on shelves from time to time, I've heard they're actually attainable locally on a regular basis if you're willing to pay $100+, I'm not interested in spending that much but if I see any more around closer to retail I'll let you know
Thank you, I appreciate it. I’ll take any bottle of Weller at this point to try.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 09:04 AM 12-30-2019
Thank you, I appreciate it. I’ll take any bottle of Weller at this point to try.
What's your price point for a bottle? I'm in Michigan too, just south of Detroit. I'll check my couple local places to see if they have it.
[Reply]
icehog3 09:57 AM 12-30-2019
Looked on Discount Wine and tried to buy a couple things, but they won't ship to Illinois. :-)
[Reply]
Page 94 of 196
« First < 4484929394 9596104144194 > Last »
Up