Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 114 of 196
« First < 1464104112113114 115116124164 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>The Bourbon Thread!!
Gabe215 03:08 PM 06-16-2020
I never said too hot just I nice kick to it! Lol!!
[Reply]
icehog3 06:39 PM 06-16-2020
Originally Posted by Gabe215:
I never said too hot just I nice kick to it! Lol!!
:-) :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 11:58 AM 06-17-2020
Last night's pours:

[Reply]
SSDVC 12:14 PM 06-17-2020
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I still see lots of Four Roses Small Batch everywhere around here, Scott. Plus the Single Barrel, Small Batch Select and others.

Friends sent me my Dickel BiB from Dallas-Fort Worth, have not seem that in the wild in Chicago.
Around here, anything that gets a good review seems to disappear overnight. Wierd.

I went ahead and tried Total, nation wide, but the only store that has it (and in store pickup only) was Miami. I need to get my hands on 6 bottles, for medicinal purposes only, of course. Now, if someone were to find several bottles of the Dickel BiB they don't want (yeah right), I would be interested. Just sayin.

Today I did find Four Roses Small Batch and the SB Select in Shrewsbury Mass. Put a couple of bottles of each on hold. It's 28 miles to the store, but I am thirsty :-) and will be headed there tomorrow to pick up a few bottle of each.

Thanks!
[Reply]
icehog3 12:41 PM 06-17-2020
I would suggest the Four Roses Single Barrel over the Small Batch and Small Batch Select, Scott. So much better than the SB, and just as good as the Select and $15-20 cheaper most places. Thank me later. :-)

Only place I have seen the Dickel BiB around here is at the United Center is a whiskey bar before a Blackhawks game, and there obviously only available for a pour.
[Reply]
stearns 02:05 PM 06-17-2020
Local store just put up a post about an 11 year EC store pick. Wasn't gonna wait for that one to sell out, ran right over, $34 for 11 years seems like a fair price :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 04:45 PM 06-17-2020
Originally Posted by stearns:
Local store just put up a post about an 11 year EC store pick. Wasn't gonna wait for that one to sell out, ran right over, $34 for 11 years seems like a fair price :-)
Looking forward to hearing how it compares to the regular EC 94. I see store picks at Binny's and Garfield's around here from time to time.
[Reply]
SSDVC 06:29 PM 06-17-2020
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I would suggest the Four Roses Single Barrel over the Small Batch and Small Batch Select, Scott. So much better than the SB, and just as good as the Select and $15-20 cheaper most places. Thank me later. :-)

Only place I have seen the Dickel BiB around here is at the United Center is a whiskey bar before a Blackhawks game, and there obviously only available for a pour.
I'll take your advice and pick up a bottle and give it a shot. I have been broadening my horizons as of late (nothing else to do), so this is now my new past time, as long as the Honey Do list is finished !! :-)
[Reply]
Gabe215 07:51 PM 06-17-2020

This is so weird! On a whim I picked this up at the store today. I was torn between this and Wild Turkey Rare Breed but ultimately went with Four Roses. This stuff is awesome!! Maybe next time I try small batch out as well!!
[Reply]
icehog3 08:42 AM 06-18-2020
Originally Posted by SSDVC:
I'll take your advice and pick up a bottle and give it a shot. I have been broadening my horizons as of late (nothing else to do), so this is now my new past time, as long as the Honey Do list is finished !! :-)
It's becoming mine as well, much to the chagrin of my liver. :-) :-)

Originally Posted by Gabe215:

This is so weird! On a whim I picked this up at the store today. I was torn between this and Wild Turkey Rare Breed but ultimately went with Four Roses. This stuff is awesome!! Maybe next time I try small batch out as well!!
Great minds, Gabe! :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 08:43 AM 06-18-2020
A pour from the Infinity bottle last night. Right now it averages just above 116 proof. Tasty and rich, but I still like my 125+ proof stuff best.

[Reply]
SSDVC 12:40 PM 06-18-2020
OK, no joy on the Four Roses Single Barrel. I called last night and they said they would hold two bottles for me. I drove almost 30 miles and when I got there they said they were out of stock. I was slightly perturbed, but the manager said he would give me a 10% discount on two bottles, but they won't be in stock until July 2. I'm good with that. Picked up some Four Roses Small Batch and a bottle of Balcones Texas Single Malt to try. I am not an expert/experienced taste tester per se, but I do like to "taste" different whiskeys and bourbons and enjoy them immensely.
[Reply]
icehog3 04:33 PM 06-18-2020
I am not sure we have any "experts" here, Scott, but a lot of other "enjoyers". Cheers! :-)

Let us know your thoughts on the ones you picked up after you've cracked them.
[Reply]
SSDVC 05:02 PM 06-18-2020
Well, since it was 5 o'clock somewhere, I cracked open the Balcones for a taste. This is my first review, of anything, so forgive me if it sounds off.

After letting it sit neat for a few minutes, I had a sip or two. This Whisky has a very rich body/aroma, almost caramel like. At 53% by volume, it's a strong drink neat. I then splashed a little water in the glass and that brought the temp down a bit, but it still smelled great. I gave that a minute and then put an ice cube in the glass and waited another minute. The cube seemed to bring out a lot more flavor and made this a more enjoyable drink.

Truth be told, it will take me a while to get through the bottle, but the Four Roses Small Batch will be forth coming.
[Reply]
icehog3 05:10 PM 06-18-2020
Originally Posted by SSDVC:
Truth be told, it will take me a while to get through the bottle.
At least a few hours, hopefully you're not driving. :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
stearns 08:32 AM 06-19-2020
Every time you go to the store pick up 2-4 bottles, eventually they'll all be hard to finish because you'll keep grabbing pours of different stuff
[Reply]
icehog3 08:35 AM 06-19-2020
Last night's pour. I was inspired by a review I was texted. :-) :-)

[Reply]
Gabe215 05:50 PM 06-19-2020

I really need to stop!! I live in PA which has state run liquor stores. I’m working an hour away in Allentown and they have a store with a “bourbon boutique” saw these for $30 so I grabbed them. Almost bought Larceny Barrel Proof but passed!!
[Reply]
icehog3 10:33 AM 06-20-2020
Last night had a pour of High West Bourye thanks to the Texas Santa. :-)

[Reply]
icehog3 09:57 AM 06-21-2020

Kentucky Chew. Picked randomly by QTEE, she insisted that I give her credit anyways. :-)
[Reply]
Page 114 of 196
« First < 1464104112113114 115116124164 > Last »
Up